Universal Flashout 2 - (by Jujubee)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #121 Larni, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I bought this game and am very happy. I beat the first boss sans upgrades on the first go so I assume the game has been made easier based on feedback.

I have found it easier in the cups to just lose the rounds where you have to get the most kills as I normally run out of ammo by kill 14 and the lose so I find it cheaper to just not bother.

It could be I'm very bad at knocking down opponents but increasing the amount of ammo one can hold might help.

Great controls (although the first hidden path you can access in Japan tries to pull my craft to the left if you are even slightly off center line), nice visuals and sound.

I've yet to buy a boost other than ammo and mines and I beat the first cup on the second go (for some reason I did not get the head to head on the first go) with a couple of single races to practice the course. It might be nice if the ammo came in larger magazines, though.

2. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #122 bigjack66, Apr 3, 2014
    It seems as though the developers have listened to criticisms tho I can't say for sure as I've only played the new version. Nice game with great visuals and sense of speed. Definitely worth a buck tho I'm sure that'll piss off early adopters tho I've been there myself. Minor complaint some of the lane changers are too close to the opening and you've wizzed past by the time you've noticed. So far I'd say get it tho I'm just starting so we'll see! Starting to get that Wipeout vibe at last! Hope it continues.

3. Hey, I got a steelseries ios 7 joystick! Gotta try this one out first!

4. Mike.Jujubee

Mike.Jujubee Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    We did not make any changes to the game balance - as I said before the 1st boss is perfectly beatable, no changes there :).

As for the ammo - sure, we in the future we can set higher ammo limits:). Thanks for your feedback! Cheers!

5. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #125 Larni, Apr 3, 2014
    What a numb skull I am.

I totally missed the bit where one can buy new ships and upgrade them (permanently, I hope): d'oh!

ABE: if I buy the point multiplier is it only for that ship? Also, what is the Emissive Equaliser?

6. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    No, the point multiplier is for the whole game, it doesn't matter if you change your ship:). And of course ships are upgraded permanently.

As for the Emmisive Equalizer - these are the lights that change colors and blink at the edge of each track - you can simply turn them off ;).

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Cool. One point multiplier bought.

Keep up the good work.

8. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #128 bigjack66, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    You should revisit your rating score to reflect the new update as it's now definitely a good game and how did you miss ship upgrades they're easy to spot! Having said that I miss stuff all the time!
    Also I have difficulty spotting which icon is the lane changer. What does it look like?

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #129 Larni, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Is it not the dollar sign in the octagon symbol directly in front of the new route?

Another thought I had was to make the collision detection for the pick ups, et al a bit more liberal. There have been times I could have sworn I hit a pick up or mine but nothing happened. Maybe make them bigger and a different colour to the track?

Yeah, missing the upgrades in 'garage' was not my finest moment :lol:

Abe: I tried to give a positive review on App Store but once again it did not show up. Does anyone else have a problem posting reviews on App Store?

10. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank you Larni, very good ideas and this is definitely something we should do!

We are also working on the new balance with more pick-ups on the tracks and some more changes, however testing will take some time, so I believe we will send the next update to Apple no sooner than next week;).

11. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    That's great to hear. All the best.

12. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #132 bigjack66, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    This is a very enjoyable game much better than the first, which was a bit of a wall scraper with a bad recovery timer. One question. What points does the points doubler, double?
    Is there a Chinese version of this game? I only ask because someone is using your graphics to advertise their game which only has 62mb compared to your 222mb which is very unrealistic given the quality of your game! The 62mb that is!

13. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Hi! The points doubler doubles the amount of cash you get during races. As for the Chinese game - it is indeed FLASHOUT 2 but for the Chinese market and with a different balance of the game (much harder). This version is only available in China.

Anyway we're working on the update - hopefully I will have some details within a few days and I think you will be happy with the changes we've planned;). Cheers!

14. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #134 GregB, Apr 7, 2014
    I'm eager to hear about he updates. This *could* be the futuristic hover racer we've been waiting for. I've grinded a bit to upgrade my craft and find the competitions unbalanced. I will Gold a time trial and then be uncompetitive in the next race. Feels strange and unfair somehow.

I want this to be great and I'm sticking with it because the graphics and controls are totally there.

15. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #135 Larni, Apr 7, 2014
    I just wanted to point out to anyone who is worried that this game is pay to win that I have have got to 40% in the career without any iap.

The last cup I won (just now) and I'm steaming drunk from the pub, so it cannot be too unfair (and I'm half watching 'Sons of Anarchy).

To the devs: increase the visibility of the non cash pick ups, reduce the auto stear (on entry to the the short cuts the craft is STILL dragged to the side), add a check point mechanic as another race condition (so you get 'time extended' a la WipEout), have a 'no weapon' race condition and my biggest bugbear is after the jumps when the craft spins the craft seems to slow down.

This should be about speed.

I don't know why I'm being so vocal about this game but when I mute the music and put on 'Fat of the Land' it takes me back to being at uni in the mid 90s playing WipEout 2097.

/after pub rant

16. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    You have to buy a new craft that's how racing games work!

17. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Thanks for info. The game's good and people need to revise their reviews to reflect the improvements!

18. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    #138 Mike.Jujubee, Apr 7, 2014
    Indeed it would be great :). But if some still have some doubts I have some great news for you - the list of fixes and changes that will be introduced in the next (1.3) update. We've listened to all your feedback so I believe this is the stuff you've been waiting for. Here's the list:

- Ammo shop removed - now you don't need to buy ammo and bonuses before each race, but you collect them on the circuit!

- Cup prizes revised - much more cash to buy new ships and upgrades!

- Improved gameplay balance - more engaging and more fun!

- Changes in Online Multiplayer Mode - ammo shop removed, Destruction Mode added!

- Minor changes and bugfixes!

The update should be out this month - I will make sure to let you know when we will send it for review by Apple. Cheers!

19. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    This is great news! I good to know some devs listen to their fans.

As a aside: how about changing the colour of the tracks up? Every track is yellow and makes the tracks look very similar. I often can't tell which track I'm on. A quick palette swap can't take too much effort. Keep it a lighter shade of various pastel colours, maybe?

20. Mike.Jujubee

Feb 23, 2012
    Definitely a good idea and something to take into consideration for future updates! Right now we want to fully focus on the 1.3 udpate because this is something urgent for us and many players are waiting for these changes, but in the future we can also make some changes to the colors of the tracks :). Cheers!