Flash for iPhone Official

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Zandog, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    #1 Zandog, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Wow. This is pretty big news. The lazy devs that just remake simple Flash games better step it up.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Wow... that's just... wow. Free Office and TBBT episodes... drools. Wait, does this mean flash games will be able to be ported directly to the iPhone?

4. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Nice :) Im guessing some flash games are impossible b/c they need a keyboard.

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    im expecting movies and menu that r flash but not many flash games since they require a keyboad. unless they work that out with on-screen arrows or something

6. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

I don't see any real good thing that'll come of this. Quite the opposite, if they don't put an option to turn Flash off in my Safari, I'm going to get sick of waiting for all those annoying Flash ads to load.

As far as games, like the others said, with the big difference in input, unless a game can be played with one button and doesn't rely on knowing where the mouse is at all times (because the phone only knows where your finger is while you're touching it), it's likely going to need a bunch of work to be iPhone ready.

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm a little confused - how are these recent stories about Flash on the Iphone any different than those from the past year?

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm sure the adult entertainment industry is getting its guns ready for this.

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I hope you realize that Flash most likely won't be geared towards games, it will most likely view other video content besides YouTube and animations.... but we will most certainly have to see.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to it.... iPhone 3.0?

10. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    surfthechannel here we come!