Universal Flappy Golf (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Most of you probably saw by now but just in case you didnt, the update is finally live! Hope you enjoy the multiplayer and new "superstar" pars. And yes, in some cases they are very very hard :)

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Awesome update! This is just too ridiculous to be so much fun!
    But I don't expect less from Noodlecake, you guys rock!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've got both Flappy Golf and Golfy Bird and and was just wondering if multi-player is coming to the Android version version as well. If it is, will it be through...ermmm, whatever it's called. :p

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Holy crap multi-player is amazing!!!

5. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I just discovered this game and was amazed , this is just plain and simple fun. The local multiplayer makes it even more fun. Lots and lots of level so this will keep me busy for quite sometime.,bought the iap after 5 holes because I think 0,80€ is a steal for a game like this :).

One small question: am I missing something or is there no way to see in how much flaps a level was finished? Would be really great to see that.

6. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The only way you can see how many flaps you've done for a level is each time you tap the screen there is a number above your flappy ball. Keep an eye on that. Might be an easier way. I'd like to see leaderboards for each hole. Would be a neat addition. Love the game otherwise! :)

7. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Could we customize our flappy ball like hat and colour something cool ? + add achievements and leaderboard why not just our total score ?

8. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Oh I was thinking about it, would it be fun to add a level editor? just like in geometry dash or stealth inc plz everything is possible.

9. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Multiplayer is fun as expected, but it's the same problem with SSG multi. It's very rare to finish a whole game. Either I get disconnected, or it freezes, or the host disconnects, or something else. I basically have to suck on purpose so the game remains close and the other people don't quit.

There was also one weird event where I got the ball in the hole, then the screen said I went out of bounds, and it just froze. Weird stuff.

10. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Customisation options would be a really good idea. Changing the colour of the ball would be quite cool. Possibly adding power ups and checkpoints for the harder levels? Again, leaderboards would be neat.

A level editor? I've never thought of that. A level editor might be a cool idea. You could design the hills, the start and end points, and how many flaps are required. Again, levels could be uploaded to the community for others to play?

Yeah. I totally agree regarding multiplayer. There are some strange server issues when it comes to completing a hole. People just disconnect and freeze as well, causing lag issues.

I haven't come across your last problem before (freezing when you get the ball in the hole), but that must be quite annoying. Possibly some bug fixes and content additions to add in the future.

11. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    The ads don't bother me at all, but I was going to buy the ad eliminator to show my support for this great game. But now I'm overthinking it and wondering if you'd end up with more cash if I kept the ads....

12. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Haha! that's my kind of customer! Thanks for the support man, but honestly, we didn't expect much from this game, and the fact that you enjoy it is enough support for me. Ads are annoying, and the game is actually better without the banner at the bottom of the screen, you can see a bit more real-estate when your ball is falling.

13. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Leaderboards and Achievments would be sweet for this gem of a game.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This.

15. Mr. Ramen

Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, I doubt they'll fix it, based on the previous games having the same problems. It's a shame such a fun concept is still ruined by poor execution.

16. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    #116 Ryan_Noodle, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Actually networking real time games is really tough. There are so many factors that are out of our control when playing online. If someone quits, backgrounds the app, enters an area without a strong internet connection, or is using a poor connection to begin with, all will cause issues with drops, lag etc. Unlike consoles where most users have a dedicated WiFi or Internet line and that is all they are doing with the device, mobile is much more fragmented with the amount of users and how the devices are used. They arent getting phone calls or dropping out to text mid match or anything like that (and yes we have had people tell us they do that and assume it should still work). Plus we cant stop users from rage quitting mid game.

If you play locally with friends and use bluetooth you will find the connections and lag issues all but go away.

However we are happy with the product we delivered as for the most part, people seem to enjoy the multiplayer even if they dont understand all the issues that arise from a developer standpoint.

Oh and I want to touch base again with everyone and thank them for enjoying the game! We also made a mistake on Sticky Forest Hole 7 with the Superstar. It was supposed to be 27 as a par, not 17...oops our bad. Dont stress trying to get it, we will fix it eventually.

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I remember getting my arse kicked by you at least once on SSG2!

18. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    #118 mw1, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    I just played the local multiplayer today and it was awesome! Bought the ad remover coz I figured it's like my tiny way of saying thank you. Btw, you mentioned Bluetooth? Would that eliminate lag entirely? On local wifi (not using the phone for anything else at the time), I noticed the host of the match tends to start the hole ever so slightly later than the player who joins the match. The same happens if we switch roles.

Edit: multiplayer is just so much fun! Persuaded 3 friends to download just so we could multiplayer together. My android-using friends were sadly left out though. Wonder if multiplayer will eventually land on android, and if cross platform multiplayer is possible..?

19. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Played four-player local and it was a blast. Bought the ad removal too. I hope Flappy Golf is successful enough to warrant further support.

Leaderboards and achievements would be sweet, as would local high scores.

20. Mr. Ramen

Nov 14, 2012
    I understand the issues because I experience them every time I try to play online.