Universal Flappy Golf (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jaddlesp

jaddlesp Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Does everybody know the cheat to get a zero on every level? I foun one and I'm not sure if it's known yet, I really want to beat evey hole before I reveal it!

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It was previously posted.

3. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Glitch cheaters suck!

4. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    #84 Ryan_Noodle, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Flappy Golf Update!

Hey TA Forum pals!

To say that we were surprised by the amount of positive feedback from Flappy Golf is an understatement. For a game that wasnt even going to come out initially, it has been really awesome seeing so many people enjoy it.

So because of that, we wanted to provide at least one major update to this "little game that could". Here is what you can expect:

- Real Time Multiplayer. Now you can flap against your friends online or up to 8 locally. It is a real blast and way more fun than it has any right being.

- Superstar ratings! Because we wanted players of all skill levels to enjoy the game, we purposely made the Star ratings quite a bit easier than our normal Super Stickman Golf 2 pars. However for all you hardcores out there who have unlocked all the courses, you will unlock a new Superstar Par. In some cases these are so hard you have to be perfect just to get them. Not for the faint of heart!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- iAP to Remove Ads. It was funny how often players told us they wished there WAS iAP in the game so they could remove the ads. Well now you can!

- Score sharing. Added in some social network mumbo jumbo if you want to Tweet or Facebook your friends about your sick skills.

- Bug Fixes. There were a couple mislabelled pars (we know, we know, Minty Hole 4 is the worst) and a couple bugs with being able to flap after being in the cup or resetting to zero your score. All this will be fixed.

Anyways that is pretty much it for this update. We are not sure if we will be doing much more with Flappy Golf after this. Guess it will all depend if Flappy Golf continues to stick around or not.

We submitted it to Apple yesterday Apr 3rd so fingers crossed it will be ready to go next week!

5. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Founder, designer, developer, dad.
    Canada
    I haven't even gold starred every hole!

I can't wait to try for Superstars :)

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Awesome!

Any way you could sneak iCloud in at some point, like SSG2?

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Im so glad that you guys were surprised (pleasantly). The game really is quite great, and the only flappy game I like (including the 'original')

Well done

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Definitely looking forward to this update after I achieved a gold star on every hole. Great game which is going to be even better soon.

9. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    @sweetdis Maybe in a future one. Tough to say at this point since we didnt really plan on putting too much time into this game. Like anything if there is a strong enough demand we will take a peek at it!

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Sounds good. Thanks for the response! : )

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'll repeat all the accolades. This is a super fun game. I haven't gold starred all the holes yet. I'm taking my time. :)

12. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Awesome, glad you dig it! Hopefully we get the go-ahead from Apple this week and you'll get even more reasons to keep playing.

13. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Does the online multiplayer work through Game Center? If so are there also to be leaderboards?

14. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Yes the multiplayer runs through GC. However no, in the impending update there are not leaderboards. Problem we hit is since we have 250+ holes, we cant use GC for every hole as they only allow 100 leaderboards total. Just a limitation of the service. We discussed doing it per course instead but really didnt want to dive too much into the implementation before seeing if that is what people actually wanted.

15. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    #95 falco, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Will it be possible to rewards us for completing courses with new stuff and game center achievements too ???

16. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Update Coming Today!

Just a heads up that we got approved by Apple this morning and the update should start rolling out in the next few hours! Hope you all enjoy it. If you want all the details on the update go back on the forum posts or check out our blog post.

17. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Sitting In school waiting for it

18. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Nice! Thank you for the update! Will definitely try multiplayer for sure.

19. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    #99 Ryan_Noodle, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    So after hitting ready for sale it used to take an hour or so to populate in the store but according to some dev friends, that time can be extended up to 24hrs in some cases. So I guess we will just have to wait and see...

20. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #100 Master Shake, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I got all the stars except for one hole. Sticky forest 7 appears to be a mistake seeing as how you can't get close to 17. So don't drive yourself crazy trying to get the last star on that hole.