Universal Flappy Golf (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Loading3

Loading3 Active Member

May 21, 2012
    I've tried this and it worked. lol. used this to complete minty land stage 4. that level is impossible.

2. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    That bug reminds me of the early days of Super Meat Boy where if you rapidly switched characters at the right time, the timer would get stuck at 0, making A+ times much easier to get. Good to know so I can avoid doing it, thanks.

3. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Awesome you guys all seem to dig the game! Glad to see that most of you are into the fact that it isnt just a direct copy of Flappy Bird's gameplay. Since the response has been far greater than we thought, I think we will release a quick update to add an iAP to remove ads and if all goes well, maybe even add in the multiplayer. We just have to see if we can address some lag issues that are going to come with the control scheme and the online matches. Local multiplayer should be silky smooth though ;)

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I just told my students to download this game. Psyched to hear that it's doing well!

5. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Oh, and if we could get the SS1 courses...

6. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Gold stared every course. I'll still pay for the ad removal though, when it's available. Also, I second the request for SS1 courses!

7. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Wow nice work! iAP is enroute. We also got a first draft of the multiplayer working. Still some work to do but it is already crazy fun.

8. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    A little taste of the multiplayer mode on the Vine! https://twitter.com/noodlecakegames/status/449295872837185536

It's looking like Badland. :D

9. BigKid Icarus

BigKid Icarus Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Video game designer.
    Austin TX
    Super fun game. I love the clever take on the "Flappy" clones out there.

Looking forward to getting all golds!

10. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I third this. Usually everyone is saying hopeing for game centre achievements and I'm just like meh I hope it's fun. But with this, me and my friend are always playing together, so I wish it would keep out person bests on game centre or something, but it does have 279 levels so that would be kinda hard

11. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Yeah I was thinking about this. Maybe find some way calculate score behind the scenes and make a numerical value for Game Center. I have seen something like that before.

Like, give every course a score value. Every time you finish a course with less flaps, the score for that course increases. So every unplayed course would be worth 0 points, but once you play it and use less flaps than the "target" the score value starts to increase for that course. You would then add that score to the total for all courses. The player wouldn't see this, but when they check the leaderboard they would see a score. You could call the leaderboard something silly if you wanted to like, "Flappy Prowess". lol

12. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    #52 xx99, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    They get 100 leaderboards. If they really wanted to, they could have a board for each world that totaled the high score of each level in that world. Of course, I'd rather see it per-level, but they couldn't do that through Game Center.

Noodlecake, that multiplayer clip looks amazing.

Finally (and desperately): I have gold starred every level up to Factory-3, but I can't even get the silver on F-3. Anybody have tips? In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at it.

Edit: Of course I'd score gold just a few tries after asking for help. Never mind :)

13. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Have 278 gold stars, minty land 4 is impossible, anyone get this yet?

14. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I agree, minty 4 can't be done in 8 to get a gold star.

15. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Yea that was our bad. We put in the wrong Flap count for that one. However some people have still managed to get it. How is beyond us lol The update coming soon will fix this.

16. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    5 flaps to the right wall, rebound and 4 flaps to get the -5 token and land on the bottom sticky ball (4 flaps).
    2 flaps to get through the portal and onto the top sticky ball (6 flaps).
    2 flaps to get over the hump (JUST), fall down the chute and rebound to hole out (8 flaps).

The first part is easy, the next 2 are very difficult and it's crucial where you land on the bottom sticky ball because it has a slightly higher point that makes all the difference.

A number of SSG2 forum members have done it (unfortunately I'm not one of them yet!)

17. shieldser99

shieldser99 Active Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #57 shieldser99, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    I just did it in 8, if I knew how to post videos I would show you

Go on to YouTube and search 'flappy golf ML4' it shows how to get to the hole in 8 flaps but unfortunately I could record it going in

18. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Ryan, six seconds of footage isn't enough to know whether multiplayer is a race or if it's still golf (lowest flap counts win), but it looks like a blast. Either way, you guys should consider a speed mode where you go for the fastest completion instead of the most efficient. It leads to a completely different playstyle that could be a blast in both single- and multi-player. It sort of loses its golfiness, but just trying it on a several levels when I'm struggling to get gold has been pretty fun. This could be taken all the way to adding par time in addition to par flaps on each level. I imagine it would be impossible in most, if not all, levels to get both pars in a single run.

Anyway, back to playing. I just reached Minty Land.

19. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
  20. BigKid Icarus

BigKid Icarus Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Video game designer.
    Austin TX
    sweet music!

Is anyone else enjoying the music as much as I am?

I still can't believe how many courses there are in this game...