Universal Flappy Golf (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 25, 2014.

1. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Depends. What level are you up to? I'm at Greens Land, and it's getting a little tricky to get those gold stars. And that's only 1/3 of the way through the game. The real fun for me is trying to manage the fewest possible shots. That's not easy for any level, and reveals a surprising amount of depth.

Which is why everyone needs to download this game. I'd love to pay noodlecake for ad removal, and if it's worth it for them, maybe they'll add leaderboards.

2. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Man, I'm having more fun with this than SSG2. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right. It's my new favorite Noodlecake and Flappyjam game, that's for sure.

I sincerely hope they add features like Bux, hats, leaderboards, local high scores, and ad removal IAP.

3. DawnOfPlay

DawnOfPlay Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Hahaha, great job, Noodlecake, well done! :D

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Played some more and while this is great - Multiplayer please!

5. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

This is great! Maybe I will be able to get a decent score on impossible land now!

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Haha, sounds awesome. Downloading

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Five flaps from me!

8. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Wow this game is better than ssmg2! I love this game

9. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Only thing I really want is my high score saved.

10. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I wondered why this game looks familiar! Finally a flappy-clone I enjoy playing.

11. djshep1973

djshep1973 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 20, 2011
    This is awesome, and I would totally be up for paying say 69p to remove the ads - it would also be great if we could include a non-flapping 'look' mode so we can preview/learn the holes before making our first flaps :) (ie. like you can in SSG2).

Otherwise, this is a great idea for a mash-up and it works as a mechanic really well. :D

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I love this flappy game and would gladly pay to remove ads.

13. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Like Maverick Bird, Flappybalt, Mr. Flap, this game really shows that the issue was never Flappy Bird; it was the lazy devs who just released stupid re-skinned clones. With some creativity and talent, you can take those mechanics and do something interesting and cool.

14. theboxhead

theboxhead Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #35 theboxhead, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Unexpectedly brilliant

This is more accessible than SSG2, but has the same hook of getting a new record on each course. The same great level design works amazingly with a completely different mechanic. I like how the progression is still challenging, but much quicker than SSG2. This is a great concept and super fun! Might be my favorite game of 2014 so far. Fingers crossed for a fully fleshed out sequel with all of the extras from SSG2.

15. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I usually don't care at all about Game Center, but this game begs for it. I would love to challenge my friends to use less flaps than me.

16. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    On my iPad the ads are hardly noticeable. What is noticeable is that this game is very fun, and there are a metric crap-ton of levels.

17. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Amen, brother!

18. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    So I was just playing a level and I completely stuffed up and wasn't able to get the gold star but I thought I'd finish off the course anyway and just as the ball rolled into the hole I clicked on the restart button and the screen went black for a second and then it said I'd finished the level with 0 flaps and got a gold star... Yay?

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This is definitely awesome, but I kinda wish you were scored on the whole "world" rather than each hole. One of my favorite things about SSG2 is how you can screw up one or two holes but still get par overall by doing better in other holes.