Universal Flappy Golf 2 (By Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #81 mr_bez, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Not sure what the Superstar target is (still 3 courses to go) but I got a 12 by bouncing off the left wall to get over the first green quickly, then aiming for the black flag.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it's 10!

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #82 Andy C83, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Haha, thanks Bezzy. I got it but 10 seems a bit harsh for that hole. # Now Rocky Land hole 1 is also doing my head in, par 13. Maybe I'm just not very good at the game... #

Edit: Just so you so know, if you beat a hole in superstar par before actually unlocking superstar mode the holes on which they were achieved will show as being superstarred automagically once the mode is unlocked.

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Why can't we remove ads? I can't remove ads in the first flappy golf I press the remove ads button and nothing ever happens but in this game I can't even find the option at all

4. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    You CANNOT remove ads any more from Flappy Golf games. Please read this whole thread for more details. I even bought to remove the ads from the first Flappy Golf game but having recently redownloaded it and tried to restore my purchase it's just hangs. I mentioned this previously but the devs fail to respond. There's something very disturbing about what's happening to Noddlecake. And it makes me sad.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Portal Land Superstar

Nah, Spin Land Hole 8 was one of the toughest holes to execute for me as well. That Rocky Land one can be unforgiving too. Doing these videos is pretty fun. Divide and conquer!

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    me too :(

7. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    I never removed Flappy Golf and mine still works ad free, I have it on another device and that one won't allow a purchase to remove ads or restore purchases. I have just recently been experiencing full screen video ads between holes on Flappy Golf 2...I can live with the small banner on the bottom but I'm not a fan of the full screen ads. They can be exited from pretty quickly, which makes it bearable, but I'd remove ads, if I could. I've read that some people can't stand the banner ad, I'm guessing they're playing on a phone while I'm playing on an ipad, so maybe they don't interfere as much on a bigger screen.

8. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    The ads really really cheapen the game. And it looks like you're experiencing the same as myself regarding being unable to restore purchases on FG. I'm now guessing that because of these technical difficulties with FG they've decided not to put IAP in FG2 because a lot of people lost money, and I'm assuming the dev responsible either left on bad terms or was fired because of it. It's the only logical conclusion to all this.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Please go outside for a while.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I feel like I'm going crazy, but before the update wasn't it possible to scroll around before you take your first shot?

I'm trying to get the superstar on Farmy Land hole 7, but it's impossible to see the position of the windmill now before taking a shot so it's a game of guesswork now, rather than skill.

It's not like it resets to the same point when the level restarts, so you can't even learn the timing.

11. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I came on here to mention the exact same thing - being able to scroll the course was really helpful.

12. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yeah, it's kind of crucial to move the camera to superstar some holes with moving elements. But apparently more people wanted multi-touch tapping instead. It's weird because I haven't even seen anyone use it yet in multiplayer, so I've been abstaining from using it myself.

If the multi-tap feature is too popular to revert back, I wonder if there's a way to have both. Maybe a magnifying glass button next to the pause button? Tapping on it would disengage multi tap and allow you to scroll, then tapping it again would leave the camera where you left it, but turn flapping back on, and your next touch would be a flap and snap the camera back to your ball.

13. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    We cant scroll anymore? :( hopefully the ad nazis didnt scare away the devs. I would like to have the option to scroll.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I haven't played the multiplayer at all. I guess that's where the bulk of their user retention and acquisition comes from though, so not surprising if they're prioritising that.

15. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Maybe they could make multi-tap a multiplayer only feature and scroll would be a single player feature...

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm not understanding why you can't do both?

I'm still praying for a way to pay to get rid of that evil banner ad. I don't care how much. I'll pay. Lol.

Billy

17. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    We're working on an update that will re-enable pan. And also enable multi-touch controls for multiplayer games after the countdown timer.

18. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    Well I spent the weekend hillwalking and have just come back online to see that there is still no FG2 remove ad update. So I'm still mad as hell that our consumer choice is being denied. Can't see why you think that's a good thing.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great news. Thanks!

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Because a lot of people when they see that an app has in-app purchases, they don't download it at all. And the loss of ad revenue from these is larger than revenue from the measly few who buy ad removal. Kapish??