Universal Flappy Golf 2 (By Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    You have to get to the portal, the entrance is bottom right. Tricky but you can do it in 7 moves.

2. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    It sounds like the goal is to replicate the success they had with the first Flappy Golf, which was top of the charts only because of middle and high school kids (not because of any TA forum folks). There is no iap to appeal to those kids because, as stated, iap can negatively affect downloads, and some kids may not even be able to download games with iap. For that reason, I hope noodlecake does not cave to the minor pressure in this thread and does not include iap.
    The money they'd make from iap is literally nothing compared to ad revenue if it takes off.
    So spread the word!

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Ahh i see. Didnt know that counted towards earning stars. Just did it. Thanks!

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Can't believe it's mostly been talk about ads. They're like white noise to me, I don't often find myself paying attention to them since my focus is more in the center of the screen. Hasn't stopped my enjoyment of gold-starring, egg-hunting and ghost flag-seeking all these fun courses.

The GC implementation is only for multiplayer, right? I couldn't find a button to view any achievements or leaderboards. Makes sense though, as the badges and stars are perfectly satisfying in-game achievements.

Thanks for another installment, team Noodlecake!

5. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    #65 Shkrbby, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Incorrect. A loyal prior customer is someone who has bought into ANY Noodlecake game not just Flappy Golf, and more importantly supported them with our own cold hard cash. And, like it or not, we are a client base of theirs, however, now a particularly disgruntled one as our purchasing choice has intentionally been removed from us. It's an annoyance that didn't have to happen, and one that no doubt Noodlecake will propagate forwards with any subsequent release.

"You can have any color as long as it's black."

Yeah, restricting customer choice, always a winner. Next you'll be telling us what Noodlecake did took 'courage.'

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Noodlecake is publishing games. Just remember that. Your assertion that the model used in this game will be used in other Noodlecake games isn't true. I know this for a fact. I do a lot of beta testing. I'm currently testing 9 games. So that's why I can say for a fact. I cannot say anymore than that but you will see so probably soon and then I can talk about it.

Billy

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
  8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice. At what point do the superstars unlock?

9. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Race mode is very buggy, i connect once in ten tries

10. SPM21Bucky

SPM21Bucky Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    I was going to wait to download this until a remove ads was included. I bought that in FG1 and thought it would be in FG2, as well. When reading through the thread, I couldn't believe the negativity, so thought I'd try it for myself. I've played three courses so far and there is a small banner at the bottom of the screen. It didn't interfere with my gameplay at all. I've purchased the unlocks in the SSG series and would buy it for this game, too, but I didn't find anything game breaking with things as they are now. If this is a small price to keep Noodlecake making games, I can deal with the ads. Anyhow, kind of surprised I didn't get a flap removed for my swish, thought that feature might be a part of the game this time around. And one last thing, still hope that one day a 3 and 4 player turn based mode with friends gets added to the SSG series, I think something like the way Disc Drivin' works would be a fantastic addition!

11. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #71 Matt33, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Getting 261 stars unlocks the even tougher superstar pars.

I just finished super-starring every course!

Proof:

12. jschidlowsky

jschidlowsky Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    wow... just wow! UNREAL

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Great game, my only suggestion would be that when playing multiplayer, there should be a reward for finishing 1st overall (and 2nd, 3rd depending on the amount of players). I would actually give a little something for last place so they have a reason to finish the game and not just drop out when they don't have a chance to win. It's really nice that you award currency for every hole but there should also be a prize at the end of the race too. It gives it a more accomplished feeling.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why 3 stars?

First let me say I love Noodlecake. I have a bunch of their titles and I'm a huge fan and supporter. With that out of the way let's get to it.

I have never played Flappy Golf. So I came into this fresh. I want to say I actually like this game. I like the single player mode. It's not easy getting those stars. It's pretty challenging. I tried race mode and it reminded me of a game like fun run in a way. I like that too. I like the clean cut colors and art style. I had no issues with lag or anything.

The reason I had to remove two stars is because of the massive banner ad across the bottom of the screen that there's no option to pay to get rid of. Perhaps Noodlecake could possibly add the IAP as I'd definitely be willing to pay. The banner ad is pretty big and is just across the bottom and detracts from the experience.

Other than that I'd rate this a 5 star experience. I love how they melded flappy bird and golf. It's quirky but it works.

Billy

15. Rabbit Judy

Rabbit Judy Member

Sep 18, 2016
    The game is good. I can feel relaxed. To my point of view I can ignore the stars and flaps and just to kill time. The customization is cute and it is easy to get the eggs. But the bottoms of the lands are covered by the ads, actually I cannot see the hole. Maybe put it above will be better.

16. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I just looked at the customization options and they all require enormous amounts of eggs. How can I get that many eggs there are only a few to be found in the levels and to customize I need hundreds #

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Race Mode, Daily Race rewards, bonus for finding black flags.

18. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    You get extra when you find all the eggs in a world, and when you find the hidden black flag. I found all the eggs and black flags, only did a few daily races, and only bought a few items, and I ended up with about 800 eggs. So you shouldn't have trouble if you play through it.

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #80 Andy C83, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    If Matt or anyone else can help me, Spin Land hole 8 is doing my head in for the Superstar. TIA. :)

Edit: Got it. ;)