Universal Flappy Golf 2 (By Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 12, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    LOVE THE ADS!

Great choice!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hah, that's the spirit!

3. Icemaker

Icemaker Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    I don't like the ads (who does?). However there is no way I'm not playing this with them or without. Flappy golf is my favorite flappy game by far. So if you do need to avoid the IAP label, I get it.
    This girl.is far too addicted to stop now. Frankly I'm surprised you don't have any IAP's.
    SSG3 has a few & they are totally worth it cuz the game is so good.
    Whatever is the best way for you guys to stick around is ok by me.

4. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I agree. It's ridiculous that a consumer choice has been taken away from us. I won't be playing until and Ad free version become available. Seriously if your going to ply your customers with adverts then it's a tad disingenuous to show the Flappy Golf 2 trailer with NO ads.

And an aside for the devs. I recently redownloaded Flappy Golf but CANNOT restore my purchases to remove those damn adverts!?!

Sort this shizzle out before you bleed out your existing customers and players.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Installed the first one yesterday evening. Was wondering if buy the IAP to remove ads. Now I delete it, thanks for the advice.

6. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    It's a disgrace. Even on all promotional material of Flappy Golf 2 there are no adverts where the adverts actually are in the real game. I won't be buying another Stickman game if they don't provide an option to remove ads.

7. azentropy

azentropy Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Great game... Like many I'd like the option to remove the ads.
    Was really hoping for turn-based multi-player options though.
    My friends are all of the world and with SSG we love playing turn based games since we are rarely on-line and available at the same time.

8. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Very well said. The reality is the 99.5% or whatever is leading the industry. That's why some weeks the remaining hardcore gamers only get one to two games to mull over. It is nice to know Noodlecake is still helping devs like Awfully Nice Studios though. Because games like The Bug Butcher is what we're here for. And next week most of the people that are irritated with this ads on screen situation will be singing their praising for putting out The Bug Butcher.

Right now Noodlecake just has to try not to offend any of the angry customers that downloaded a free game and wish it was better (in their idea).

My advice is if you hate ads on screen like most of the regulars on TA then don't download this game. Don't let it get under your skin etc.

9. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Appreciate the thoughtful post. And from you @metalcasket. Those are exactly the things we debated. It was never about removing customer choice. It is about what we thought we would be the best for the product. The "contains iap" tag you get on the store can negatively impact downloads. We are weighing our options right now and will be pushing an update this morning with the multifinger tap re-enabled at least. Will keep you posted on the iap front.

10. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    None of the posters complaining about the ads are asking for anything to be free as we are all willing to pay. We just don't want to see or watch distracting ads. Ads which in my mind actually cheapen the game and it's potential quality. There is no logical reasoning behind removing customer choice than a desire to make more cash. I and many others were so hyped for this game coming out that this episode and stunt by Noodlecake has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Which is a great shame as I've purchased every prior game of theirs.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #31 GiHubb, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    To rate a game 1 star because you can't disable ads?? You guys are a little nuts and forget devs need to make money, especially on a game which is huge by high school kids. And even if you do want an IAP to buy out of ads, I'm sure this game still has some merits elevating it beyond a 1 star review! Internet trolling, that's what I see here.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's almost like Noodlecake is a business with employees and not some kind of non-profit game development coop.

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Leaving ads aside for a minute I'm having a lot of fun with his. Missed the first one completely so this is a very pleasant suprise.

14. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    Strawman argument. Every single person who has moaned about the lack of customer choice in removing the ads has freely said they would be happy to pay serious dollars.

And yes the game currently deserves 1 star because being bombarded with adverts completely takes away any pleasure and atmosphere.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Except for the logical reason that they already gave, which is that having the IAP label in the store can negatively affect downloads. Also, the target audience for the first game was largely middle schoolers, many of whom can be restricted from downloading games containing IAP.

But yes, it's definitely an anti-consumer choice made purely out of greed. Good job not overreacting about it.

16. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Agreed. I wish the ads situation didn't so completely dominate the discussion.

Flappy Golf 2 is an awesome game. We're lucky to have Noodlecake making and publishing games and free ones at that.

17. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    #37 Shkrbby, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Great to have you onboard to enlighten us all who the target market is.

Don't like the IAP label in the store then don't label it. Just like they, mmm don't show any ads displayed in the FG2 marketing images or video feeds. Or, shock horror, make a premium version for the none schoolers walking amongst us. This really isn't rocket surgery stuff.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You clearly don't understand how the App Store or even Apple works if you think it's that easy. First of all, any game with in-app purchases gets that label. The developers can't choose whether to have or not have one. Secondly, Apple aren't fond of different versions of the same app for the most part, which is why you hardly ever see any "Lite" versions of games anymore. Plus, it's a hassle for developers to maintain separate versions.

19. Shkrbby

Jun 28, 2015
    Well obviously the easiest solution would be just to provide a paid remove ads options for us 0.5% none schoolers, but it seems that that customer demographic is to be overlooked on this occasion.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    After the outrage in this thread? I highly doubt Noodlecake won't add an ad (hah!) removal IAP in the near future.