Flail Rider - COME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL - Beta Tester Wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BulkyPix, Feb 5, 2016.

1. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    #1 BulkyPix, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Hello TouchArcade,

After months of work by Finnish studio Catpancake, we are thrilled to (quietly, for now) present Flail Rider, a colorful top-down arcade 'racing' game where you get to blow EVERYTHING. WITH A GIANT FLAIL. ATTACHED TO YOUR VEHICLE!!!

Sounds like something right up your alley? Check out the (non-definitive) trailer and apply for the beta below:

We'd love to find some beta testers to gather useful datas and fine tune this bad boy before the release (expected in early spring).

Interested? Join the beta here: http://goo.gl/forms/JV1cG26oLM

Additional infos:

So, about Flail Rider?
    In Flail Rider, you have 60 seconds to destroy as many things as possible by driving a vehicle with a big flail attached to its rear.

Collect sick boosters, reach warp zones and collect coins to unlock new vehicles.

There are 50 vehicles spread in 3 classes:

Small: Easier to hand / Smaller flail size
    Medium: Intermediate handling / Intermediate flail size
    Large: Harder to handle / Larger flail size

On which platforms can the beta be played?
    iOS + Android. No jealous.

When does the beta start?
    Around Feb. 12.

Will I have to fill a form with tons of questions after playing the game?
    Nope. Just play the game on a device connected to the Internet.
    Any additional feedback is welcome in this thread though!

LAZERZ AND OUT.
    [​IMG]

2. gnome9er

gnome9er Active Member

Jun 21, 2010
    bum
    langley
    looks great i love the fresh concept! i will definitely help beta test!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I filled out the form. It looks like fun. I look forward to testing it on my iPhone.

Billy

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I submitted my beta form, this looks fun.

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Interested!
    One question though: does the game slow down (stutters) when you hit buildings? Seems like it does in the video.

6. braindamaged23

braindamaged23 Active Member

Jul 8, 2015
  7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
  8. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    #8 BulkyPix, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Wrecky Ball was actually a copycat of Flail Rider. The reason why it is no longer available is because its developer removed it from sale after both Catpancake and ourselves reached out to him about the matter.

Flail Rider was created in April 2015: http://ludumdare.com/compo/tag/flail-rider/
    Wrecky Ball was released in September 2015

:)

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Amazing how people can falsely accuse you eh? I do think an apology is in order.

I look forward to testing Flail Rider. I can't wait to wrecky ball some stuff. Lol

Billy

10. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    We just submitted the build to Testflight (a bit later than expected, sorry!). Hopefully, it will be approved during the week-end!

Thanks to all those who already applied. For those of you who didn't, you can still participate! Just fill in the form: http://goo.gl/forms/JV1cG26oLM

11. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    Yes, it does. We're curious to see the overall reception of this, but it has been a design feature since the very first version of Flail Rider and we are all quite fond of it :)

12. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    Aaaaaand... Testflight invites sent! Looking forward to reading your feedbacks :)

Reminder: you can still apply to test Flail Rider here => http://goo.gl/forms/JV1cG26oLM

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #13 LordShad0wz, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Already started testing. So far it's a very smooth experience. I've gone through purchasing all of the IAP and the process has worked flawlessly. Ive watched ads and that process has worked flawlessly. I applaud you for having opt in ads only.

I have a question. With the gold car. I do not see any increase in the coins. I'm still earning 1 coin per collection and ads are still only giving 20 coins.

Is it supposed to be a coin doubler?

I really really really really like the gameplay. Really well done. It's addicting.

I already know I'm purchasing the fire truck, Murica, and the gold car when this sucker goes live.

Billy

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I haven't gotten my invite. I filled out the form 3 days ago.

15. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    The Gold car actually doubles the normal coin drop rate (= coins appear more frequently after destroying objects). Not sure we can call it a "coin doubler" per se.

Seems like we missed your email when we imported the testers. It's been fixed it, the invite should be in your mailbox now :)

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks, got it

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Come on people post what you think. You can't deny you like the game. If you do I'll punch you right in the mouth. I mean I'll disagree with you strongly.

Billy

Lol

18. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    #18 Patthegymnast, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    I got the test and im downloading it now!!

19. BulkyPix

BulkyPix Member

May 7, 2015
    Paris
    RAINBOW TRAIL!
    [​IMG]

Catpancake has started implementing some extra visual stuff like trails in Flail Rider (amongst other improvements!).

The beta is still opened, and it's waiting for you! http://goo.gl/forms/JV1cG26oLM

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I like that a lot! That's going to be really awesome!

Ive been testing the game a lot. After playing I definitely would like to officially request that the coin increase with the taxi, when purchased, be applied to all vehicles.

The reason is I am playing as if the game is live and I am spending real money. I'm unlocking vehicles but to be honest for as much as I paid for the taxi, I feel compelled to keep using it until I have every single vehicle so I don't waste my purchase. Once I get every vehicle I'd start playing other cars.

If the purchase applied to all vehicles I think it would be better and more fun and would let me feel free to use any vehicle I've unlocked.

I still haven't had a single crash or issue. This game is really rock solid. People are really going to enjoy this one.

Billy