Universal Fiz: The Brewery Management Game by Bit by Bit Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. cornsey

cornsey New Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Thanks for this. I see its type now not individual. Was trying to figure out how it would work with the 60 recipes I have.

2. seandanger

seandanger Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    You'll see! ;)

Not really in the way I think you're thinking -- it's sort of built in as you progress. Marketplaces have higher markup competitors as you go. You'll see what I mean.

Though not as entertaining while sitting and waiting for a brew to finish!

Thanks! If there is a sequel we'll make sure it addresses any annoyances the first has.

3. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Thanks a lot, iamheffe. Means a lot to me to read things like this.

4. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    That is definitely on the horizon. Here's a snapshot of what we're working on and what we're considering. You can also vote on the items you'd like to see done! (If you sign up for a free trello account)

https://trello.com/b/FdTNcCYH/fiz-upcoming-changes

5. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Some tips for NG+ mode

Before starting NG+, here's a few things you might want to do.

1. Get high end employees. Seems a bit obvious, but anyone who you have with you gets duplicated in NG+. While, the duplicate starts at level 1 with their original level 1 stats, the obvious benefits to this are you can have the same Passive twice. Like that employee with +50% Quality? Yeah that's now +100% Quality (or more, depending on how the bonuses are applied) Want to aim for the skies in quality? Bring the +100% Quality Cap employee to NG+, get her duplicate. Of course reaching that super high cap is a whole different question.

Then in NG++, you can triplicate one employee if you carry over the original and the duplicate.

2. Buy (Extra) Large Purity Tablets, these'll carry over to NG+. My first brew in NG+ was 4000+, unlocked a ton of marketplaces, which let me sell that beer for 60 coins/gold a pop. Then let me buy another marketplace which let me sell the rest of the batch for 125 coins per beer.

Plus that unlocked recipes that let me start flooding the market with 4000 quality beers (had the +100% Quality Cap employee with me) without the need of Purity Tablets.

Which then led me to discover that you're supposed to lose the Uprum contest. I entered that thing with a 6000 quality beer still lose to Blau

6. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    I love this post! Spinda has unlocked next level brewing! You're the first person I know of that has figured out these strategies. The spoiler part made me LOL. :D

I hope you hang around because I'm working on integrating GameCenter leaderboards for highest Quality batch (among other things), you'll be a contender for sure!

One other thing to note is that you can always go back to load your original game, change things (like your employees), exit, and then start a NG+ based on the changes you just made.

7. crispin

crispin Active Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Yes. If I break my iPad it will be from trying to catch those damn mice lol

8. Ein

Ein Member

Dec 19, 2013
    #108 Ein, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    This game is really addicting, but I'm quite terrible at it - I can only get a profit of about 60 coins at Slim Margins and the Beer Stone for a certain challenge XP

9. pantoneblack

pantoneblack Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    This game is awesome, I said so a couple pages back. One thing that has kinda always bugged me though is that since I didn't really know what I was doing at the beginning my main employee, me, still has some pretty crappy stats. Shouldn't we be the end all be all brewer? Maybe let the main player character go beyond level 10 and only get points every 2 levels or something along those lines? I'm not even the best at cleaning and I've had hime doing it for 30 some in game years, that's just depressing, I kinda wanna fire myself and hire a new employee, or maybe that's an option? after a certain quality is reached a new job option opens up, Master Brewer or something, and he just inspects the quality along the way making room for a new employee, though I still think my main character should be able to reach 10 in most if not all stats.
    To be fair,
    I'm still making Fiz
    , so maybe I just haven't reached something yet.

10. phil2k

phil2k Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Is it possible to defeat BlauBrau in the Champion of the Copper Cask event? Should I keep trying for this, or is it a scripted part of the game that you lose? Am I just very bad at this game that I really love?

11. profhuggybear

profhuggybear Member

Aug 24, 2012
    What do the employee stats mean? I see the craft level and the other four levels. Is there a cap per skill ie 10? And how do the stat numbers effect the brewing? Craft level seems like a vague thing to me. Higher numbers are always good I guess.

Loving this game once I figured out the pause button and the markup calculation. I'm finally making money!

12. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wow, I really suck at this game. I can't figure out how to make money. Even with the basic brew, I'm only getting like $80 in profit from the whole brew IF it sells out. If I price it higher, then I lose money. I get more from hitting mice!

Research doesn't seem to help since the average budget is always $15.

Can anyone please provide tips on how to make money?

13. cornsey

cornsey New Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Craft is basically the brew modifier. For example if you have 5 total craft points you can raise the stats ie yield, quality and brew time by a total of 5. Later with better employes first run through its more like 30.

5 craft points in yield is about 30 more brews.
    30 is more like 730 more brews. As a simple example.

The cap first run is 10 i think. this raises in subsequent play throughs (Ng+ mode)

I believe that the other stats affect the quality level of the current brew being made. Dependant on what equipment is being used at the time.

14. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Lovely. Thanks!

15. crispin

crispin Active Member

Dec 2, 2012
    It is hard. One early tip is to brew for the surf shop and start selling there as soon as it opens. That will get u cash.

16. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I just came here to post this

"Meryn Madrigral's Special Ability doesn't actually double yield when triggered."

But it looks like it is already addressed in the update.

17. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Hey Ein, it might be because your Quality is just too low for those marketplaces. I'd recommend making sure your quality is at least above the bottom 25% range of quality of competitors at a marketplace before starting to sell there. If you're not that high quality yet, keep leveling up your employees by brewing and selling to other marketplaces. And if your employees are starting to max their levels, you should consider replacing them with new employees who have higher potential in the long run.

If none of that helps, message me at [email protected] with some details on your situation and I'll give you some specific tips.

18. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    The game is balanced to not expect your main character to be very powerful, so it shouldn't hurt you very much if your employee isn't tuned the best. In New Game +, the level cap increases by 10 so you have a lot more room to improve your main character, but I've heard from others who think it's frustrating having a crappy (comparatively) main character and I'm thinking of ways to alleviate the situation, and your suggestions are along the lines that I'm thinking of, thanks for offering some ideas!

19. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Once you attempt the copper cask event,
    you can only re-attempt the event if you are eliminated by Cyrus early on. If you get in the top 3 places (such as 2nd place to Blaubräu), then you can't attempt it again, and the game moves on.

Truthfully though,
    you can never win the copper cask event. The best you can do is 2nd place.

20. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    I just write down what I think might help. I don't know if it does or not. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's some obvious things and some I think remember starting the game.

Go for yield, not for quality in the beginning.

Catch as many mice as possible to get the recipes.

Specialize your employees from the moment you start. Raise the abilities you need for the job, not craft.

Pause if you look at stats, menus, everything.

Queue a second batch so you have no delay.

Research the marketplaces for four weeks. It's much cheaper.

Only buy recipes for the beer people want most.

Try to get the haveford downs marketplace. (That's where the rich people are)

Look at the competition tab for mark up. Try to get it lower than the others if you have lower quality.