Universal Fiz: The Brewery Management Game by Bit by Bit Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Can it be played in either landscape or portrait like Kairosoft games by any chance?

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Wow, this looks awesome! Totally missed out in this release! Looks like I am going to spend a little bit more money this week!

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Landscape only unless there is some option I missed.

4. RichT

RichT Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Beer and Kairosoft? I'm sold. Just so you know. This is featured on the ign App Store update today but they're saying the price is $0.99

5. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Excellent, just bought it and will post back with impressions later on. Thank you so much devs for producing a game with a fair pay model and a great, fun theme. I hope you get rewarded for it!

6. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Looks good. I might have to get this one.

7. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Game Impressions

I played for a couple hours tonight and feel like I'm just barely scratching the surface of the large variety of recipes, staff, markets and missions/events to take part in. I have to say that the game is extremely well done. It's challenging, a fun mix of time and money management and actually would be very educational for someone who wants to learn more about beer and the the beer making process. If you're already into beer then you'll feel right at home and if not, then the introduction to all of the concepts and aspects of the simulation is done extremely well, and you should be up and going in no time. I think the tutorial is just the right length for the first time through, but I wish you could skip it on subsequent games.

Overall, if you're into Kairosoft-type games, with a slightly bigger emphasis on the simulation and reality side of things, but with a very high degree of polish (I actually much prefer the graphics in this game to Kairosoft's efforts) this game should be in your library. It's a solid, premium title, with no IAP and I hope the developers get rewarded for that. Thanks so much for a great game!

8. His Paleness

His Paleness New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Loving this game. Excellent amount of depth and fun for a really great price. I love beer, home brewing and management games. Right up MY alley but I would recommend this game to anyone.

9. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
    Dear Bit-By-Bit Studios:

I love you and Fiz.

-Pony

10. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    I played for hours. Got the new facility and made some money. It's very addictive. Picking the right price according to quality of your own product and the opponents is the challenge here.
    I would love if there was a little more going on on screen. Like more people. Maybe if the four employees could get a team. They don't even have to have stats like the main characters.
    More animations would be great too. Interaction with the environment.
    But the game is great. These are just some I personally would appreciate. There is no real need for it.
    What needs a fix is the menu. If I brew a beer and it finishs while I'm pricing another one it takes me to the other screen and I have to start over again. If I could go back to the pricing screen as I left it would be awesome.

11. seandanger

seandanger Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Thank you everyone for the very kind words! I can't tell you how happy it makes me and Kelly (the artist for Fiz) to read reactions like these.

I saw that, I contacted them and they've corrected it, should be $1.99.

Sorry but it's landscape only for now! I've heard from some commuting players who would love a portrait option, and I don't know if I could get it to work, but I've pledged to spend at least a few hours testing it out to see how hard it would be to do. We'll definitely design the next game with the option in mind from the start.

Us too! Basically we ran out of budget at the end :D sales are doing well so far though so maybe in a future update we'll add some flair in there.

It's not too obvious, but there is a red X button in the top right of the Batch Complete pop up, you can tap that to close the pop up without losing your place in the menu you're currently in. We were actually specifically requested to add that in during beta -- I agree it can be annoying without it. Does that solve your problem?

Thanks everyone and hope you enjoy the game! Don't let Gary Blau ruin your day :)

p.s. we love you too, Ponycakes

12. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    That's better, thanks :)

13. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
  14. tonyctitan

tonyctitan Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Okay, what kind of beer does the lumberjack want?

15. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
  16. profhuggybear

profhuggybear Member

Aug 24, 2012
    This game is brilliant. I never would have thought to put a sim game with a brewery but it makes perfect sense. There are a lot of important decisions in making beer and running a buisness that work so well with the sim style.

I love brewing and I can tell there was a lot of care in creating this game. The details are what counts.

17. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Thanks very much! We had a lot of fun (and beer) when making it.

18. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I don't buy many ios games these days, but this one just looks fantastic, and without the bloodsucking iap it looks like something i'll lose quite a few hours to.

Sold, tho i wont get to play until later. :)

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Enjoying it so far but one thing I'm wondering if it's a bug but when I qeue brews if I have some left in storage it won't start making my next brew until I have cleared it from storage? Shouldn't it at least still make it?

Anyway enjoying the game generally I use pause a lot so I don't lose time while I'm looking at things and deciding what to do, I can see it'll last a long while waiting to complete the game which is good.