Universal Fiz: The Brewery Management Game by Bit by Bit Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fiz-brewery-management-game/id704524975?mt=8

Fiz: Brewery Management Game

Bit By Bit Studios
    If you've ever dreamed of owning a brewery, this is your chance! From humble garage beginnings, grow your brewery into …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    If you've ever dreamed of owning a brewery, this is your chance! From humble garage beginnings, grow your brewery into a world-renowned symbol of excellence by crafting the best beer in the land. Research marketplaces and festivals to learn what your public wants, then brew it using realistic ingredients! Manage your profits to hire new employees, upgrade equipment, and discover new recipes. Running a world-class brewery isn't all pints and parties, though. Along the way you'll experience a story fraught with rivalry, mystery, and desperately thirsty people. Will your beer have what it takes to make a difference in their lives? Featuring: ◆ No waiting or in-app purchases. Play for minutes or hours at a time. ◆ 20+ Hours of gameplay in a single playthrough. ◆ 60+ Recipes to discover. ◆ 20+ Employees to hire. ◆ 60+ Randomly selected Events and Competitions. ◆ 25+ Marketplaces to research and master. ◆ "New Game +" mode and randomized content for multiple playthroughs. All for less than the price of a pint! Water you waiting for? Excitement is brewing! Don't wait any lager, hop in!
    Information
    Seller:Bit By Bit Studios
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Dec 12, 2013
    Updated:Oct 13, 2017
    Version:1.2
    Size:102.3 MB
    User Rating: (29)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
  3. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    #3 sweeneyish, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    It's out in Canada too! Taking a risk on this one, because I love beer and Kairosoft games, and this seems to be the perfect combination of the two. Also, no IAPs.

4. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I took the plunge too and so far it looks lovely. Very much a Kairosoft style game, with all the pros and cons that brings. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one, it's such a shame that no one seems to be interested in it.

Didn't realise this was a Kickstarter funded game, would have expected it to have more followers if it managed to hit a monetary target

5. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I like beer, I like this kind of management game, and I love gameplay that isnt build around iap. Sold!

6. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Totally worth it, and sounds like you like it for the same reasons as me! Thanks for bringing it up PeteOzzy, I'm enjoying it so far.

7. seandanger

seandanger Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    #7 seandanger, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Fiz: The Brewery Management Game (promo codes inside)

Greetings everyone, I'm one half of the team that made Fiz: The Brewery Management Game, which released today as a universal app for $1.99! Here's the trailer:

And here's the info from iTunes:

Fiz: Brewery Management Game

Bit By Bit Studios
    If you've ever dreamed of owning a brewery, this is your chance! From humble garage beginnings, grow your brewery into …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    If you've ever dreamed of owning a brewery, this is your chance! From humble garage beginnings, grow your brewery into a world-renowned symbol of excellence by crafting the best beer in the land. Research marketplaces and festivals to learn what your public wants, then brew it using realistic ingredients! Manage your profits to hire new employees, upgrade equipment, and discover new recipes. Running a world-class brewery isn't all pints and parties, though. Along the way you'll experience a story fraught with rivalry, mystery, and desperately thirsty people. Will your beer have what it takes to make a difference in their lives? Featuring: ◆ No waiting or in-app purchases. Play for minutes or hours at a time. ◆ 20+ Hours of gameplay in a single playthrough. ◆ 60+ Recipes to discover. ◆ 20+ Employees to hire. ◆ 60+ Randomly selected Events and Competitions. ◆ 25+ Marketplaces to research and master. ◆ "New Game +" mode and randomized content for multiple playthroughs. All for less than the price of a pint! Water you waiting for? Excitement is brewing! Don't wait any lager, hop in!
    Information
    Seller:Bit By Bit Studios
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Dec 12, 2013
    Updated:Oct 13, 2017
    Version:1.2
    Size:102.3 MB
    User Rating: (29)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

No one has to TOFTT either because I'm including a few promo codes for it. Please let me know if you take one and I'll update the post.

USED --FLWYPKERPY7W--
    USED --X3FL3PWT3LPH--
    USED --NNMPFAAJFLTP--

So far we've had one review from Cult of Mac, they gave us a 5/5!

I'm also happy to answer any questions you all might have about us or the game! It's been a long road to this release, I can't wait to hear what you guys think. Cheers :)

8. cyllwynn

cyllwynn Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    All codes taken...

Game looks cool though. Best of luck with it!

9. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Thanks for actually notifying me, cyllwynn! Sorry all the codes were gone, message me if you pick it up and I'll send you some coins in game.

10. lieb83

lieb83 New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Been playing this for the last half hour. Really fun game. I can tell there are going to be a lot of different aspects to pay attention to, which makes the game way more fun for me. I'd recommend this game to anyone who wants a good business/simulation game!

11. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I picked this game up this morning and have been recommending it to anyone who'll listen, absolutely love it. Everything from the graphical style to the humorous gameplay is how I would want it. Cheers for making it!

12. cyllwynn

cyllwynn Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    It's $2, it's Xmas time, and it looks interesting and fun. As long as there is some solid depth and isn't a "paidmium" game then I'll be happy. Bought and downloaded... Off to try it out.

13. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Thank you lieb83 for the kind words! And cheers to you PeteOzzy for buying it! :) And thank you for the purchase cyllwynn. No Paymium here, you now own 100% of the game!

14. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Hey all, I'm one half of the team that made Fiz. Thanks PeteOzzy for posting this! You beat me to it, I accidentally duplicate posted about it here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3066466 .

It is a worldwide release so it should be available in all App Stores, though only in English for now. We'll consider translating it to other languages if it does well enough for us to be able to afford that.

I hope it doesn't still seem like no one is interested in it! We're working on getting press mentions and otherwise getting the word out. We have 2 reviews so far:

One from CultOfMac (5/5), and one from 148Apps (4.5/5). We're really pleased with how launch day has gone so far! Hope you all enjoy the game. Let me know if I can help with any questions.

15. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Sold. Gotta love the pixel art, employees and the refreshingly new concept with a hybrid mix of kairosoft

16. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

I can absolutely recommend this game.

Been a Kairosoft fan since Game Dev Story and this certainly hits the same vibe that make Kairosoft games so addicting.
    Yet there are subtle differences as well. Refreshing is that the 'lame' jokes that fille Kairosoft games are replaced by a more RPG feel that tie into the interface.

Small spoiler :
    I was just thinking that it was little cumbersome to everytime assign my most suited employee to the same task when a challenge popped up that rewarded exactly this ability when completed. Wonderful timing.

I'm only a couple months and brews in, but I hope there's sufficient strategic complexity and leveling of brews and employees to be found later on as well.

If a TouchArcade employee sees this, review it! This one deserves some frontpage coverage.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Downloaded yesterday after seeing Pete mention it in a post, I checked it out and thought it looked like something I'd love and as there were no other apps with a price tag I wanted this week I decided to buy. Going to have a few hours later on to give it a go.

18. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Two posts means more people will notice it haha, I'm not complaining! In all seriousness though, I hope someone on TA reviews this - we need a good Dev to steal Kairosoft's crown and show them how to do in depth games that actually get supported with updates and iOS love.

I'm really looking forward to playing this some more and there's nothing better than devs being active on the forums so I'll take the chance to say thanks for this game!

19. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Since I love beer and management games this must be the game for me! Downloading right now. Hope there is more to it than in the latest kairosoft releases. It was too much of the same. I will write later after playing a little.

20. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    In a nutshell!