Universal FIST OF AWESOME (by I FIGHT BEARS) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Oct 15, 2013.

1. jeandenishaas

jeandenishaas Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 29, 2010
    Senior Lead Animator at ILM
    US
    Love the humor

It's very entertaining but as one poster mentioned, it is also very repetitive. Still though, the sound fx and story just keep cracking me up which keeps me playing. I'd recommend it.

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    It is hard to criticize this game when it oozes so much humour and style, but people need to know that this isn't Double Dragon. There is a measured pace to everything that makes the controls feel disconnected, I would have rather had button controls rather than a swiping theme. I knew it wasn't Punch Quest going in though, and if this game doesn't make you giggle you are dead inside.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished!

Took me 20 minutes to finish it, and did it with the Special upgraded to the max, each hit and 113 off their health bar. Beated everything easily. Nothing stood for too long in my way :D

The sense of humor is very good and couldn't stop laughing most of the time with the crazy story told here and the game is filled with many tidbits of humor throughout the campaign. Even at the end with that funny end scene. Controls are very good and responsive, and easy to master, there are many moves too. Punching velociraptors, deer and bears never gets old... and the sounds they make are hilarious. The pixel art is fantastic and reminds me of Sword & Sworcery which is a good thing.

Is short but its damn funny. And has a harder story mode and arenas to keep coming back to something. I had a blast playing it. Thanks, I Fight Bears!

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Insert cliched comment that the game is fairly awesome.

Erasing your save data erases everything...
    There is no way to start from the beginning of the game any time, without losing everything including unlocked difficulty settings. (I started a new game in the default difficulty to test this, then decided to just erase my file to be sure about what that does.)

Would be nice if I could reset level up stats as well. Play through different difficulties and choose not to upgrade attack power for a challenge, or something.

There's no option to reset the music and sound volume to default (they aren't even).

The game does not support multitasking (shouldn't this be standard by now?), though there are checkpoints.
    ...Game crashes if you use sleep mode?! The game is supposed to suspend! Multitasking support!

Minor glitch: Pause while moving, unpause, and you keep moving without pressing the screen.

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Punching bears in the mouth

6. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Who doesn't want to punch bears in the mouth. I know I do :D
    It's either me or them. Survival of the fittest!