Universal FIST OF AWESOME (by I FIGHT BEARS) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio

Vovin was just agreeing with you relax, he wasn't talking about you being the kid. He was saying Pepelutin is most likely a kid without a job. I also have to agree that it's funny how people want console quality games on iOS but they don't want to pay even a fraction of the price point that said games sell at.

On topic, Love the art style and the humour. Well worth $4.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Love your comment!!! It made my day!!!

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    For those who are complaining about the price, this game is probably one of the best on the App Store! Hilarious, great pixel artworks, amazing soundtracks and very good gameplay! I downloaded for free and feel very sorry about it as I really wanna help the dev for the amount of fun he brought to us with this superb game, I might get one of his t-shirt to help him and will probably offer this game to one of my friends.
    To the dev, you've done an amazing job!

4. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I'm really enjoying this game, but don't like that you have to go through the beginning load screens every time you press pause and switch to another application.

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just completed the story for the first time. Epic.

Loved the final chapter but be warned: once seen, it can't be unseen!

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Has anyone tried Arena mode yet? I've been playing the Woodland Arena and trying to beat the "Finish X enemies with a Stomp/Jump kick" challenges, but they aren't working for me.

Anyone else had this?

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Tried the Arena mode with some unlocked characters and got my ass handed to me. Guess their levels are too low. More bear punching then XD

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    And after you're through banging your head four or five times, then you've been ripped off by your boss, I want you to go buy one red bull from the gas station. After you've drank it, I then want you to contemplate how you could have spent that $4 better, and actually gotten some enjoyment out of it.

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I grabbed it when it was free and have played a bit.

My biggest issue is the repetitiveness in the game. I know it's final fight in style, but... I don't know. It's a bit too much of the same, and without a controller, it feels like the controls are a bit challenging.

I'm probably alone here, and because of some wrist issues I've got, I end up very sore trying to play it.

Are there plans to put in controller support?

The bottom line is pretty simple, if you like final fight and that style, it's very worth looking into, just be aware it is somewhat repetitive (punch, kick, jump kick, throw and special) but the addition of the arena might be promising and certainly worth the entry fee as you can level up and play any of the previous boss characters.

I know this is a crappy review, and I know I said it was repetitive and worth the price at the same time, so if you can make out anything from that, more power to you.

10. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Maybe I missed it in the tutorial, but I can't figure out the exact tap combo to do the uppercut fist of awesome special move.
    It's something like tap>hold on R side...

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Land 2 or 3 quick punches then hold on R side for the special. Won't always work as if an enemy lands a punch while the combo is charging, it will fail.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    You're not alone. I can definately see the merit of the game
    - love the art style in particular - and fans of Final Fight style games will likely be overjoyed with it. It's odd to say this but I do like some brawlers, but Final Fight was something I never got into even with physical controls.

So this game just isn't for me. But that by no means classifies it as a bad game. You can tell a lot of heart went into it and I'm glad others are really digging it.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    @andsoitgoes
    I found it got a bit repetitive in the middle, but the more varied environments and the return of the more ridiculous humour towards the end rescued it for me.

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    This game iS pretty close to perfect, but every time I play it I wish I got loot from downed enemies and was able to use it to upgrade my lumberjack, or I got some temporary power ups...
    That's all...
    Great game.
    5-Stars

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Er... you get XP for every enemy you defeat which lets you upgrade your lumberjack. I don't get what you think is missing? Does it really make a difference if you have coins instead of an XP bar?

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    You get XP rarely. To me the game just feels like you should be collecting loot from downed enemies. That's all. Again, I gave the game 5 stars here and the App Store, and I did actually pay $4 for it.

I love the app, I just feel like that could add to the gameplay.

17. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
  18. This game reminds me of a brawling The Other Brothers.

19. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Loving FOA..great to se such a long road end with a great game, filled with witty humor and obvious nods to classic games.

20. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    After watching most of the video I was going to hold off on this for a bit, but after reading Dork NRG's ridiculous attacks, I decided to support the developer by buying it now.

Well done Mr NRG, you just made an extra sale for this nice developer.