Universal FIST OF AWESOME (by I FIGHT BEARS) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Oct 15, 2013.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's a fantastic game. It's like playing a SuperBrothers: Sword & Sworcery brawler :D

The dev was supposedly going to release the game on the 17th. In his webpage he has several PayPal links to preorders and T-shirts. When you click on those, they show payment to "I FIGHT BEARS LTD". Maybe donations could be done through that PayPal account? (Mr. Bearded Dev, please confirm this :))

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This app is amazing.
    I don't usually dig these kinds of fighters on iOS.this ones special.

3. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Well I got it for free and love it, idk about the huge price jump tho. $4 USD seems a lot , I wish they woulda kept it low and made a killing as a featured app. http://youtu.be/ZrFTR9fucr8

4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Agreed, it's going to be hard to get noticed, and compete, at $4. Though I do like the game, it's not the kind of game I'd spend $4 on without at least having tried it first. So, if I didn't get it for free earlier, I'd be very hesitant to buy it at the current price. Having said that, I hope this does very well, but we all know how the App Store works.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you havent gotten it earlier for free, and be hesitant at the $4 price, it wouldnt really hurt the sales. :p

6. Zivicus

Zivicus Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Have to agree the jump to $4 dollars makes me hesitant. I meant to jump on it while free but missed it. Have to say .$99 I'd jump on it but now I'll wait for a price flux or at least a trial version.

7. NicollHunt

NicollHunt Member

May 28, 2011
    Indie Game Dev, part time movie dude
    London
    Hi everybody! I'm the developer of FIST OF AWESOME. Thanks for the lovely comments, so glad people are enjoying the game!

Yeah, it was released for free for a while so my Kickstarter backers could pick it up. It's really lovely of you to offer to pay for it after downloading it while it was free, but I'd rather you just told your friends about it :)

If you've not tried it and are on the fence if it's worth $4, maybe the launch video will help show some of what you have to look forward to:

Thanks!

8. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Too bad for the price... Really too much.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #49 Vovin, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013

Please do me a favor and bang your head against a wall, like 4 - 5 times. Should be enough. Thanks! :)

Got it for free, accidentally. Was already wondering, because the game is fantastic. We need much more of that humour!

But I love the developers attitude, so I'll gift the game two times, to a friend and my cousin. I'll also spread the word. :)
    And the dev is from London... yay! ;)

10. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    Hi Nicoll,
    congrats on the great release. It was nice to find your sense of humor that I appreciated in Hard Lines in such an awesomer package.
    I am among the fortunate ones that can enjoy the full experience, having a beard.
    Looking forward to your future releases.

11. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi developer, great game you have here:) I want to purchase a T-shirt can you direct me where I need to go?

I hope you have one that says , I punch bears. Lol

12. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Lol, Vovin 4 or 5 times might not be enough.

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Man, this game is a piece of art! I am far from a beat'm up genre or whatever you call those kind of games, but this one is unique and truly wonderful! I just love the humor, the pixel art and the music! One of best game on the IOS! I don't mind paying that much for such a fantastic game!

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    There are T-SHIRTS? :eek:

Yesh, please!

Oh, they're free, right? :rolleyes:;):D

DBC

15. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I disagree, $3.99 for a great indie game from a hard-working developer is definitely worth it or maybe even too little. After you finish banging your head, you should go and play a freemium game then. Try imagine that you are working on a one-man project for your boss and when you finish it, he says, "Oh! the Salary/wage I am paying you is too much..... how about I pay you less than minimum wage."

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Croy...: wall, your head, bang bang bang... you know the deal... :D ;)

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Problem is that these comments often come from from kids who never worked or just washed a couple of dishes. I don't want to generalize, but I saw this way too much here. The working population normally knows the worth of an hour of work.

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Agreed, and more than that, if it costs you $4 to laugh gleefully until you pee (just a little), is that really so much, compared to the 100+ $1 games you've "played" until boredom threatens to stop your heart?

The "cup of coffee" argument is specious at best, but what isn't arguable is entertainment value. I really wish people would consider how they spend money to entertain themselves (movies always come to mind for me) and look at (most especially independently released) games in that context, and then decide accordingly. If we could have done so a year+ ago, we might have a very different app store today...

Oh, and Vovin? You suck. :p;):D

DBC

19. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    #59 biokid, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Well, this (old) kid have work for over ten years. Do you even understand what I am trying to point out here? If you don't, please don't try to discredit me. I am trying to point to Mr. Pepelutin that he should appreciate the work put in by the dev and imagine not getting paid/ or getting a measly pay for the work you have done/ your job.

Great job Nicoll! Hope that your sales is not affect by people taking advantage of the free period for kickstarter backer. Sorry for putting this thread up (early), I just saw that this game was released and free. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Faith in humanity is rapidly declining...