Universal FIST OF AWESOME (by I FIGHT BEARS) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Oct 15, 2013.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wanna throw money at those guys!

2. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    As a notoriously huge critic of EnviroBear 2000, I'm excited to finally be able to exact my long due revenge in this really funny game. And im not one for pixel games. But this is too much fun!

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    One thing folks who got this game for nothing could do, is just make a little extra effort to spread the word. This would be highly likely to be at least as beneficial to the developer as a couple of bucks payment. Mention the gesture too. In fact, this website would do well to run with something like this.

4. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Played the free level on OUYA a couple of months ago - great! As I just got this free I'll pay up for the full version too and spread the word. Great game!

5. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Game of the year contender for me. No joke. Fantastic final fight throwback with envirobear humor. I love it!

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This game is pretty damn funny, I lmao when he said he needs the toilet "I'm touching cloth here" ;)
    Also I'd like to point out that it's not very fair putting "what would rocky do?" On the quit/retry screen, as I was ready to turn it off when I died but was confronted with "what would rocky do?" Well I couldn't really press quit now could I! And I ended up playing again for another 10mins :D
    Great game. Feel a bit guilty not buying it but it would have probably been free next week anyway :rolleyes:

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #27 Guise, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    One more method of contributing to the dev would be to buy or re-download Hard Lines and get some IAPs from there. Hopefully that's the case even though the AppStore lists different developers for the two games. Might need to confirm first.

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Done. Cool game although it's not my preferred genre. 56 achievements! Thanks!

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    The ending may be a historic moment for video games.

10. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Man I really wanted to check this game out! It looked really cool.... Then upon boot-up imagine my dismay at the message 'Games for people with beards'

Not all of us can be burly mountain men:(

Dam genes.

11. tghGaz

tghGaz Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    #31 tghGaz, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Not if this blog post is anything to go by:
    http://nicollhunt.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/open-letter-to-spilt-milk-studios.html

I'm loving Fist of Awesome so far. My favourite bit is at the start. The way Tim screams every time you tap the screen (before you are told how to punch) is hysterical!

12. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    What are the hard line issues that are mentioned in the blog ?

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hard Lines is still on the App Store so you can still support the dev via it. Not sure what the dispute was about.

14. tghGaz

tghGaz Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I don't know to be honest. I just brought it up to say that's probably not a good way to get money to him. Perhaps he could set up a paypal donation button? Or a "tip developer" IAP? :)

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Instant download because of the first line of the app description.

Have you ever wanted to punch a bear IN THE MOUTH?

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks for checking on that. Sounds like 'gifting' the game starting Thursday would be the best way to contribute, along with Gabrien's sound suggestion to spread the word.

17. stbsteve

stbsteve Active Member

May 20, 2012
    I don't feel the slightest bit bad about getting the game for free. I mean why should I have to pay to get top notch, arty, real good fun FREAKING-DEER-PUNCHING games! I mean this is my right surely, as someone who has purchased an iDevice. Obviously these developers don't have families to support or any kind of bills to pay - so why should they get any of my money that I fully intended to buy an extra large burger with? So what if they go hungry because of my selfishness and totally economically ignorant attitudes. I'm sure it will all be fine and my attitudes won't propagate any more of this freemium bull-crap.

If you've not caught the hidden meaning here - it's "Dont be a douche-bat; if you are playing this find a way to pay for it"

Get it. Got it. Good.

18. eobet

eobet Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Oh. My. God.

The sound the deers make!

It's just magnificent.

Also, the (invisible) control scheme is absolutely brilliant!

I also got it for free, so I hope I can at least pay for the soundtrack somewhere.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Another game that proves swipe controls (for jumping, kicking, and stomping) can be a great asset when used well.

So... Does anyone know why this game is free?

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    What everyone has been saying is that it was released early for kickstarter backers so we're not actually supposed to know about it....:eek:

----

Btw anyone beat the game? How long does the awesomeness it last?