Universal Fishing Break (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yome, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Took one of the codes last night, thanks! Feel bad that I wasn't able to post in the thread saying I took one.

Anyways, here's what I do and don't like about this title: The prompts for IAPs are everywhere, and timers for bonuses, etc kinda take me out of the experience. I understand that this is the era of mobile gaming we live in, but at the same time I feel like it could've been scaled down a bit.

What I do like though are the mechanics. It's definitely a relaxing experience and I dig the attack/defense system. It's fun to upgrade your stats/reels, and it gives the game a nice curve.

All-in-all, it's worth a download and is definitely a polished experience. I think it'd be in my game rotation without all the IAP stuff that really seems to clutter the screen at times. (I'm not opposed to IAPs, but I think they can be done more tastefully than they are here. I shouldn't have to see a "Double this?" every time I catch a fish, for example).

2. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Grabed MWNH3TRJKLR9

3. HURRR

HURRR Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    New York
    Darn, it's telling me I need to get an update to keep playing but can't download update since I'm in US store...

4. Rigel

Rigel Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Redeemed "YN3FEFRXHYRA". Thanks much. Now I just need to live somewhere else to update it and try it.

5. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Got the same problem. It won't even let me update from my NZ account. You can still play when you turn off your internet, though.

Losing the bait when I reel it in empty sucks. Also bait is really expensive. Guess it won't hold my attention for long. Which is said, it's actually quite fun.

6. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    The game is going to be available worldwide in a few hours.

You'll be able to download the latest version of the game.

Happy fishing!

7. Rigel

Rigel Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Finally able to play and I'm really enjoying the game. Bait seems a bit expensive though. Friend code: cxrd3445

8. shuckydarns

shuckydarns Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Feel free to add me as a friend: ghxc8865