Universal Fishing Break (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yome, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    I've been working on the special fish for a few days and so far on the first 2-3 worlds, using smaller fish works on all of them. You pretty much have to keep the small fish up on the surface splashing to get the special fish's attention, however. They wont bite if you let the small fish dive underneath. Using the premium bait is certainly easier to get them to bite because of this, but it doesn't seem necessary.

2. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    No, the regular fish go for the premium bait just as much as the special fish, which is one of my main annoyances with the game.

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    @Wafflesandbeer thank you SO much for the info, that's good news that (so far) using common fish works for the special guys. And yes I agree that would be very annoying, so what's the premium bait do exactly then? Just attract the big guys without all the splashing? I know the gold bait doubles your attack value.

4. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    It's generally easier to get the special fish to bite on the premium bait.

It can be difficult to get special fish to bite on the small fish. If the small fish is really dancing all over the place it usually scares off any interested fish.

5. nonglossy

nonglossy Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Persistence will overcome...I hope.

I'm stuck at the paywall, but I'm positive I'll get through it (pesky minnows). I've been patiently upgrading when I get some cash and then do a bit of fishing. But I'm not frustrated because I feel like this is one of the most fair f2p I have played in recent memory.

It helps to add friends early on for sure.

Nnwz9587

6. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Anymore promo codes yet???

7. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm curious what you mean by paywall?

8. nonglossy

nonglossy Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Technically not a paywall since I am unable to buy coins, but I'm stuck having to wait the 10 minutes to replenish some coins before I can buy more bait. And since I'm such an undisciplined gamer, I of course spent all my coins on upgrades before realizing I still had to buy bait.

Thankfully I found some friend codes posted here. Thanks guys!

9. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    @devs: Can you please look at the spawn rates and mechanics for the better "normal" and all "special" fish for zone 4-2, Southern River - Field? This zone is by far my least favorite, it seems difficult to even SEE a rare fish there, much less catch them. I feel like this zone also has the worst "bait:fish value" ratio as well, because the more valuable fish rarely show up, and when they do, they don't often go for the "bouncing fish on a line" trick, either.

Have any other players experienced this strange behavior in this particular zone? I have spent about two real hours in this zone and have only captured three special fish here, at least two using the super bait. I know I have seen at least one more special fish, but could not catch him before he disappeared.

I just tested here again since the tournament is here tonight. In one day of in-game time, I saw one special fish and caught him using the super bait. In about 40 casts, I never caught one B, A, or S fish. I caught less than five of the "tournament fish" (the silver catfish), only getting C or D fish.

I'm not one to complain, but playing this zone for an hour and then going to ANY other zone feels like a night and day difference... All of the others spawn better, rarer, and more valuable fish much more frequently in my experience testing on multiple days. Thanks for looking into this! :)

10. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    I can confirm that this works and it is quite fun and fulfilling when you catch a fish like this :) Here are four screenshots showing this in action :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@devs: this would be a fun achievement idea

11. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    More Promo Codes

We've just released version 0.91 so we have new promo codes to give:

RLKJNLM746R9
    EP3M6MTNWXWN
    LHFMK7XK46WK
    YW3T4WJLAW69

TPAEN3AWJPYL
    Y4LK3XJP9E63
    3EWF3FRL37P3
    RHAHAWH7H4JN

TFPNPLLPYTLK
    RJKPF9JMXLNW
    XHY7HJHLJMK6
    WKFMM4MNME6M

Y7FNREK4NXHA
    LRHRNL3AWYEA
    HJ9NFTM9LELF
    H4A9XLFYP39K

XMTA4LW4FMYE
    YTTTWHWAAYXY
    TPHJ3Y3KLRXY
    PTFY44LFYJMF

Cheers!

12. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Really digging the coin increase from the update, although I got an ad when I did my daily gear draw. Is that going to be standard for every draw now? I'm gonna gladly get the starter pack, I just wish there was a remove ads option thrown in there too. Still loving the game!

13. averageness

averageness New Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Took RJKPF9JMXLNW, thanks.

Loving it so far, meant to have a quick 5 minutes before I start my day but ended up playing for half an hour! Definitely gonna keep playing, and it's reminded me to check in on my Pocket Mine too. ;)

14. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Took TFPNPLLPYTLK

15. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Redeemed XMTA4LW4FMYE. Thank you. I'll fire it up tonight and report back with my thoughts :)

16. pell

pell Member

Jun 12, 2011
    If anyone is looking for friend codes, mine is gzdw7929

17. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    The latest update apparently removed the ability to catch large and special fish using smaller fish. I've been unable to do this since the update.

If this was an intentional change its really lame. This was a great game I was totally willing to throw a few dollars at from time to time but now if this change is permanent it will cost way too much money to buy all the premium bait to complete the game.

Way to raise a 500 foot pay wall.

18. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Came here to say I noticed the same thing, although I found it out by not having any of the bigger/special fish respond by "bobbing" smaller fish at the top. Used to be all the fish would respond and swim up to see, now none do. I agree it would be game breaking if they removed the mooching and left it only at premium bait. Any devs here to confirm or deny this?

19. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    There hasn't been any changes in this code. The way it works is that if a "higher level fish" (meaning its rarity is 3 stars over its prey) was interested in a bait and a prey gets the bait first, there's a 25% chance of the rare fish getting mad and eating the prey on the hook.

20. Wafflesandbeer

Jan 28, 2016
    I don't think it was working right before the update then. I used to hook a small fish and just let it dance around until a rare fish showed up, sometimes waiting a few minutes. More often than not, the special fish that showed up would bite. It's acting totally different now.