Fish Labs Betrayal Megathread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by adamlax, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Jubelio

Jubelio Active Member

Jul 31, 2014
    good job not reading Shaun's post. troll on, troll.

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Honestly, if they just remove the 3 and call it Galaxy On Fire - Manticore, that pretty much solves it.

3. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    The first on-topic post in a while, and you know what? You're absolutely right. Removing the 3 removes a lot of the expectation that players of GoF2 are going in with.

On the other hand, this thread has gone way overboard now and I already regret any part I had in it. My issue was removing balance from the feedback thread, not bribery and corruption! That's going a bit far.

Regarding the game, the feedback thread is now balancing itself out anyway, reading the latest posts. If you've actually played it, you'll know that the problem with the game lies in the mission design. You fly around for 20+ minutes just "looking" for glowing boxes in a hit or miss fashion. It's genuinely boring and you're expected to repeat this activity daily.

Taking the game as it is, completely unrelated to what has gone before, the missions are just not engaging or well designed. That's the problem at the core of Manticore.

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    The UN called; they want to know if you're free to do Syria next.

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The whole thing became way too out of line with direct accusations of defense of paying ad and such.

I don't think that is true. Maybe TA staff is over sensitive about the subject because a bunch of people seem to don't like anything and appear to take joy on ruining the fun for everyone (which include being mean and disrespectful with devs and users alike, which leads to the "toxic" environment Eli was referring to). Maybe it is because this is a high profile game. Maybe it is because they personally like the devs. Maybe the ad even have an impact on a subconscious level. These kind of things are complicated.

I also regret being part of discussion and from now on gonna have a different posture here, since I am not entire comfortable to express my point of view os forums anymore. That's a little sad, because discussing games (the good, bad, legacy and even direct comparing with similar or previous game from the franchise should be fair game, in my opinion). That way I've found hidden gems and avoided things that I was going to buy for sure (and probably regret). I think we all lost a little bit of that with the decision, but it is your site and your rules. We have to comply or leave. That is as simple as that. And I don't intend to leave, since I game on mobile mostly (if not all).

We had similar threads on the past, but I don't think that on this case it is justified, because most posts were on topic, talking about the game, even if comparing with GOF 2, which is natural, since this is a sequel (at least in title). But people see things differently and that's ok.

6. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    #106 dunhila, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Feedback is very important.Thanks to users on the Toucharcade forum and their opinions,I too have avoided a bunch of bad games that had serious issues on launch.I am glad the site exists and the forum is the place I spent most of my time on because of the direct feedback users leave on the games.I too mostly game on mobile because of the lack of time and I also don't want to spend money anymore on buying expensive computer parts and such to run the latest and greatest games(plus to be honest most PC games have such horrible performance that it seriously bothers me).It is a little sad that we won't be able to discuss the negative side of games anymore on here,this way we won't be able to get a real sense of the game and miss the important issues it might have.It is like we are being denied information for a product and people usually tend to read user opinions instead of reviews from game media when it comes to purchasing a game.

You know what is interesting though-even after I and countless others on here stopped leaving feedback on the GOF3 thread,the negativity didn't go down.Moderators would have claimed that there is a small group of people that complains about GOF3 and they just won't leave but here we are,we have left the thread alone but it has 3 more pages of negative feedback from other users and those comments haven't been touch by a moderator after we expressed our concerns on here.

But I would like to remind everyone that Tobi himself said that GOF3 Manticore will continue expanding with new features,meaning the game could be influenced by us.He said that he has read all of the feedback and that Fishlabs will try to provide some new features requested by the community in due time.To be honest Fishlabs already did listen to us on a couple of issues,including the removal of the ship repair timer.This all happened because we complained about it!I see this as a positive change for the game not a negative,that is why feedback is important.No one is trying to crush Fishlabs as a game developer but we are simply letting them know we are a little unhappy with their product.

PS:A little off-topic but I bought Rush Rally 2 because of comments from users on TA and I am very pleased that people shared both the negative and positive sides of the game on the forum.The choice I made was based on other people's experience with the game and it was a good choice,game is AAA quality.

7. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    We're oversensitive about the subject because saying that we've sold out when the staff here at TA goes through a lot of shit for the love of the site, mobile gaming, and being an independent voice, when we could all get gigs that pay a lot better, or focus on work that pays more. Instead, TA tries to be honest and fair, and people still give TA an inordinate amount of grief. Even me personally – you do know I could be focusing on less fun work that pays more, right? I put in a lot of time and effort to TouchArcade. We all do.

So anyone that wants to threaten our integrity on baseless grounds should be lucky that they still have a platform on TouchArcade to do so.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I didn't make myself very clear. The subject I was referring to was moving posts to this thread in the first place.

9. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #109 Derprozess, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    After all TA staff had to say about the reason of making this sub-forum, I have to admit I was wrong to criticize the game in the first place. IMO almost all if not every comment moved here, were written with free-to-play hate in mind, and I think many of us were prepared to throw a lot of shit against fishlabs because of the aforementioned ftp hate most of TA "hardcore" users have. IMO it was once again the usual "fight" against developers who choose the ftp route after making AAA premium quality games in the past, rather than a sole criticism against GoF3. Especially after seeing users attacking TA as being a biased platform that censor negative views of a game because they are paid to keep the criticism silent, when TA is the only gaming site I know of -- struggling to stay alive to give its users the best ad-free experience, I want to apologize for being one of those users pushing TA stuff to move comments from the initial forum here (also for another stupid comment I made about that Mario game).

10. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I know the staff here goes through a lot to keep this site running. And I also know I'm a partial parasite to the site because really, they get my ad money from the clicks and that's about it.

BUT, I don't enjoy being told to go elsewhere. Years ago before I signed up for an account TA was the place to be for all the iOS stuff. It still is. The amount of games I've found out about because of this site and you guys, I can't even count.

I don't know. The entire thing is too heated. It's honestly just a game. It was disappointing and then I got my hopes up because of the "we hear you" responses. But really, it's like talking to the government, they hear you but really nothing is going to change.

I tried it again and it was beyond agravating. So you know what I did? I bought a O.Rift yesterday and loaded up E:D (which I haven't played in a while) and had a blast.

I'm sure GOF3 would have preferred that $600 I spent but guess what, that's why I'm the consumer.

P.S. While some of the heat here was WAY overblown, the game's F2P mechanics need to be criticized. They've gone overboard even for a F2P game.

11. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    I belong to the first and original generation of people who used SonyEricsson K800i with J2ME and Nokia N95 8GB with Symbian and I played Galaxy on Fire days and nights. It was wonderful. Both 1 and 2.

I cannot understand what happened now with Galaxy on Fire 3.
    This cannot even be called Galaxy on Fire.
    What is wrong with you developers?

12. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    It's simple-they never listened to most of our feedback resulting in a bad game :)

13. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Wow. Someone really needs to run Troll Trace up in here. Denmark, where you at?

14. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Ahahahaha good one xD

15. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Don't bother with the game

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    The bitterness, anger and lack of courtesy in this thread is scary.

17. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
  18. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh. My. Lawd.

Has it been 8 years now? I feel old :/ I was in my 20's when I first began ios gaming!

Much closer to 40 now...

19. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If it wasn't for this site, and Eli (since the two are a marriage of sorts), games like 1000000 wouldn't have had any success. And there would be no Build A Boat. Just sayin'

20. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    And why would thise issues be discussed at TA?