Universal First Touch Soccer 2015 (by First Touch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by toptrops, Dec 11, 2014.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thanks for the tips. I'm just tapping to shoot and scoring now.

2. MTX2013

MTX2013 Member

Aug 13, 2013
    It's a great game to play in short bursts of long sessions. This is a must have for soccer fans. However, it just lags a little on my iPhone 4 and it sometimes messes my game up. In addition, there are these little nuisances, such as the event date being 13/04/14. To my knowledge, I believe there are only 12 months. I still enjoy the game though.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #23 psj3809, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Nothing wrong with the event date. It's a game by a UK developer and we do the date day/month/year. The US isn't the only country in the world ;)

More countries use this format than don't (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country)

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No way to sync progress between devices?

5. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    AWESOME! I love these games, downloading right now.

6. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    No stutter here.

This game, however slight the improvements, is by far the best football game on the appstore, FIFA irrevocably sucks on mobile platforms, it sucks hard.

However, this game with 0 control assist whatsoever allows for some very creative gameplay.

7. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    It's not my opinion, it's a fact, 100% certified by the The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

FIFA has terrible, terrible AI on mobile, if FTS has limited AI, FIFA's beyond laughable, also there are no physics either, none at all in FIFA, if you turn assist off in FTS the ball behaves somewhat realistically, unlike in FIFA.

Mobile FIFA is completely detached from the experience house console FIFA provides, and should not be praised for the achievements of the console version.

You can also do skills in FTS.

Yeah FIFA has better animations, but the overall engine is inferior to FTS, since it's the same engine that they've been using in the FIFA games since the PSP era, it's even older than FTS'

I don't care about graphics, FTS provides a better experience on mobile than FIFA ever has so far.

8. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    We can both agree both iterations of both games are lazy lol

You're right about the skill moves, but then again, they're not that much more complex on FIFA at all.

The "momentum and curve" on FIFA free kicks are scripted, that's not ball physics, that's just an animation, same for the players.

I'm not talking about the tactical options on the games, I rarely do anything "tactical" like preset plays, specific formations, etc etc.

AI on FIFA is complete bull on all fronts, goalies are completely impeded to do anything, team mates don't run when they're supposed to (they actually do in FTS), among other problems .

Like I said, FIFA's engine is even older than FTS'

FTS comes on top on pure gameplay, passing, crossing and shooting without assist is a lot more satisfying than on FIFA.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's a massive shame if people initially judge games in graphics alone. Playability rules supreme and FTS is very playable. They've increased the difficulty level slightly which for me is a positive. I really like the devs as they're the ones behind Score as well. The smaller filesize is a huge plus for me and I must admit as FIFA is by EA that's another big reason why I would avoid it. Quite happy supporting the smaller devs here

Fair enough you prefer FIFA. Just wish EA would release a decent Madden on ios

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well I'm not a fan of cutscenes specially if they add to the filesize a lot

Also 'some' devs seem to be great at compressing the filesizes down using different methods. Music, cutscenes or coding etc

Don't get me wrong FIFA is very good but I just prefer FTS. I probably wouldn't go into the FIFA thread and post several times why FTS is better etc !

Some people won't play doom due to its 'poor graphics'. Graphics don't make a game that's why many of us are still playing tons if Mame games. I'm not stupid. If FTS played badly I wouldn't play it so much

11. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Exactly.

There are people who don't play doom cause of the graphics? Lmao.

If there was a decent Doom port on the iOS I'd play the **** out of that non-stop, even my old Symbian phone has a better port than the iOS one.

If there's a reason not to play Doom it's the poor control scheme on iOS.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm really enjoying this. I'm finding it much more trickier and 'life like' Eg i used to win so many games 4-0 or 5-0. Ironically i won my first game 4-0 in a friendly but since then its been much tougher !

Shooting has been improved, like i say in the old game i could score goals galore. Granted i have a weak team but i'm winning a lot of games 1-0 or 2-1, its harder to score goals. The 'trainers' are much more weaker than before as well which in a way is good.

You could say its geared up more for people to buy IAP's to get coins but after 'completing' the previous version (11 league titles in 15 seasons) i'm enjoying this as its much harder than the game last year.

I'm currently top of the championship with quite a weak team, think once i get promoted i'll struggle but that'll be fun as before i won the premier league the second i was promoted. So far so good with this game

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Downloaded this to try, never really played it before but I did play the dream team version by the same Dev which I really got into.

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I also played that one, but I personally prefer this one (and its predecessor). Having the league structure just makes it feel more real, I guess.

15. RazleMastah

RazleMastah New Member

Dec 21, 2014
    the best game ever!!! The shooting the pass and also the graphics are improved.. Great job, FTG... great job

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You say that yet you're the person hacking the game so people have infinite coins, so First Touch lose out as people wont need to buy IAPs, multiplayer games are pointless as some people will have maxxed out teams due to hacks.

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What's manager mode like please? I prefer to watch matches rather than play them... Can you do that in this?

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not sure, i've never done that. I know theres a way to 'quick sim' a game but it costs coins.

When you play a match you can 'simulate a match' for 5 coins. Unsure how much you do or if you just get the result.

Let me know if you download it to try it ! I'm undefeated at the moment so i dont want to risk simming a game ! I'm still loving this, big improvement over the last version and a good bit more difficult (last one was quite easy to be honest)

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Nooooooooo why on earth did all the sudden I lost my data??? It already happened once before, I lost all my coins, but now I lost my VIP pass, this is really really annoying! How can I restore it? This game is full of bugs, it's very very annoying

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Someone mentioned this game in the comments on the FIFA 15 review. But I read a lot of people having this happen to them. I guess I'll stick with FIFA 14 & 15 for the time being. Don't want to invest time or money into something that will wipe save data. That's not cool. Sorry for your loss!