Universal First Strike: Final Hour (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Same here. Some games it works, in other it'll only let you keep rebuilding.

2. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    I know of the issue. The problem is that the button doesnt deregister on restart properly. The parameter was changed just before the release.

The fix is in review right now and hopefully hits within a few hours.

3. boristanoto

boristanoto Member

Dec 3, 2013
    bigger fonts

Bigger fonts would be nice. Having trouble reading the descriptions. Having a blast on the iPad though. 5 stars from me.

4. GentlemanRaptor

GentlemanRaptor Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    There is something that might be a bug in the new update-playing as USA, Western Europe launched a Tsar without any research warning ahead of time. It was like 5 minutes in, too.

5. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Bought it, high expectations. I think I'm dumb bc I don't get it, after reading how to play. Somewhere I missed the reason why I'm hitting the enemy button and cool down. I'm just hitting buttons with no purpose. And on easy I don't get why Europe can reach USA but I can't reach them! And I dude tons of research! This is why I like the interactive tutorials better. And zooming in on an iPhone 5S it gets all jittery. Hope I figure this out soon or find a "key" to what things do.

6. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Yep, looked again. Have no idea the benefits of one missile over another. No explainsion for the main screen where you're spinnin and zooming the earth and the three buttons on the left, when to hit them and moreso, WHY?

7. GentlemanRaptor

GentlemanRaptor Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Top button on the left launches a good deal of your nuclear stockpile at a general area-called a First Strike. Middle button is for building and using super weapons once you've researched them. Bottom button highlights territories by who controls them, which is useful once the world gets all bombed out. In terms of missiles: cruise missiles have the shortest range but can shoot down other missiles. IRBMs have medium range, and with the Trident research have the greatest power. ICBMs have the longest range with the second ICBM tech researched. The Tsar super weapon is a huge missile that takes multiple cruise missiles to kill, and destroys multiple territories. The stealth bomber is invisible until it attacks, and is also reusable. Was that helpful ?

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #108 icoker, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    great smooth gameplay on the 4S. doesnt crash or lag.

Ps. Does anyone know how to unlock the stealth bomber? Also how do you unlock superpowers? By completing objectives?

Also developers, please fix the problem with the game resetting every time

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thank you so much for the update. The progress is now saved and I'm sure I'll be met with surprise whenever I come across the little tweaks and fixes.

:)

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Is it possible to play Japan or China?

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    New 1.2 update! Lots of brand new goodies

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Now we're on 1.3 update, and the game has seen it's very first price drop since release. I hadn't noticed this one until the price drop came and I saw it on AppShopper. Bought & installing now.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Having an issue with the new update:

I have to be zoomed in really close to be able to tell what missiles my countries have, which I didn't have an issue with before. Seems like a resolution thing maybe? Once I zoom out past a certain point the missiles become white splotches. I'm on an iPhone 6S

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    both First Strike and First Strike-Final Hour got the new free update with a massive redesign, better AI, bug fixes, etc.

i didn’t understand the difference between both games on the store, so i’ve just installed them and seem to be the same identical revamped version with different names and publishers.

anyway, great game!

MetaGonzo likes this.
  15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I have both too and was/am confused.

After updating, the one that was called Final Hour has become First Strike: Classic and First Strike remains First Strike.

I love the way that each still has an AppStore entry and they both claim to be the definite edition!

I remember it being a great game, must have another crack at it. But which one?

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As someone who doesn't own either (and doesn't really care for the game), I can tell you that one is free, while Classic is a paid app. Differences? No idea.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, but then installed they are the same game, there’s no ads on the free one o_O

MetaGonzo likes this.
  18. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    It has ads

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Maybe previous owners get it ad-free?