Universal First Strike: Final Hour (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Bummer...I'm itchin' to buy but still no save functionality...

2. hokiefan85

hokiefan85 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Started with USA both games. I've also had two instances of "unselectable territories" now. The starting with past research bug hasn't resurfaced, but I don't believe I have actually restarted any games since.

3. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    indeed, I really want this game, but I play my mobile gaming in very short and erratic bursts, so no save - no deal I'm afraid.

4. Moritz Gerber

Moritz Gerber Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Now you can pause and leave the game. If you don't quit the app you can get back to your paused session. The update fixed the issue that the app was reseted when you opened another high performance app besides first strike.

5. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    thanks, so even if I go off and do some Iplayer, web browsing, email etc, and then I come back to First strike, it will remember where I was - unless I've reset the Ipad or closed the game from the task bar ?

6. vinzz_zzz

vinzz_zzz Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    100% completion?

I'm just wondering if anyone got 100%? The last country I unlocked is Iran, won a game with it, and my progress is at 85%, with no new visible objectives. Am I missing something?

7. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    Hello everyone,

I'm back from GDC, exciting week. Exhausting though, there was lots of traffic at our Play Booth. Of course our phenomenal launch week where we kept surfing in the US Top 20 helped us a lot. So thanks for that!

We are continuing First Strike this week. We've been hit with a crazy amount of E-Mails of people who would like a Mobile Version of the game, especially from the Android Crowd. I said before, that I don't feel like the UI is fit for the iPhone, so we gonna do a custom redesign, so it get playable smoothly on iPhone and Android Phones. So this should hit stores in about 2 months.

But we also wanna continue to support the iPad Version. So you can expect an Update 1.1 around the end of next month, where we will have an exciting new Feature. It's not 100% decided what it will be yet, but I'll keep you updated once the initial tests are done. Theres a bunch of stuff on our bucket list.

So, these are the plans for the near future

@vinzz_zzz
    there are actually a number of stats being tracked that don't show up in the selection screen. This includes:
    - unlock all alliances
    - win with all alliances
    - win against 8, 9 & 10 CPU enemies (individually)
    - fully decipher the end message
    - play 20 games
    - play 50 games
    - The Super Secret Objective (if you got it, you know what I mean)
    The way they are communicated right now isn't optimal yet, this is one of the things that 1.1 will add

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is buy the iphone version in a heartbeat :D

Glad GDC went well for you guys ;)

9. Zakalwe42

Zakalwe42 Member

Sep 5, 2013
    I'm fairly sure I've done everything (except 20 games, 50 games and the secret objective)...so what's the secret objective, if you'd be so kind? *grins hopefully*

10. maxk1066

maxk1066 New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Hi I am stuck at 95% unlocked! at 10 opponents .

Any hints?

11. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Any news on iPhone version? Can we expect one in the future or just a solid No?

12. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    You were just a few days too early. Around Easter our 1.0.4 Update Hit, which mostly fixed the Techtree bug. But It also announced First Strike 1.1 and iPhone

[​IMG]

First Strike 1.1 will release at the end of May and will add the following features:
    - Introduction of endgame superweapons with the near indestructible TSAR Rocket and the elusive Stealth Bomber
    - the tactical highlighting ability which, once researched, allow you to highlight all nations to clearly view their occupants
    - the speed up ability, which lets you breeze through the early game once you are accustomed to the game
    - lots of tweaks to the menus and gameplay balance

[​IMG]

First Strike 1.1 will release end of May and will be a free update alongside a newly redesigned iPhone and Android phone version.

So this will basically be the next big step for First Strike. Again, the success of the iPhone Version will heavily decide if we can move up to different platforms, more complex features or new platforms later.

[​IMG]

13. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

1.1 Trailer, update coming June 26th

14. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Is this coming to iPhone today?

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Hope so :)

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Iphone update is live! So pumped to finally try this one out. Today is such a huge day on iOS.

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I've had this from day one and love it, so it's good to see the IPhone people finally included in this "wargame". I'm looking forward to trying the new content tonight as well.

18. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm really hoping they improved the end game. It used to drag on a bit too long for my taste.

19. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    after update, lost all my progress. i had unlocked half the game...now back at zero :(

20. GentlemanRaptor

GentlemanRaptor Active Member

Jun 19, 2014
    I bought it, and love it to bits. However, the super weapons don't seem to work. After I research and build them, nothing happens.