Universal First Strike: Final Hour (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I like it a lot, it's funny, but as the others here, i would like to be able to save anytime, i've played two times and each time i've been obliged to stop. This and the music, which is great but maybe a bit too present.

Beside that, i like it a lot!

2. gameman

gameman New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Any chance this will ever come out on iPhone? It looks really cool

3. hokiefan85

hokiefan85 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Loving the game so far. I haven't yet figured out my strategy but I'm preferring to stockpile prior to attacking. It definitely needs a save function as I haven't been able to finish a full game yet.

4. hokiefan85

hokiefan85 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    #64 hokiefan85, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Couple of issues:

1) I restarted a game and began with the ability to arm up to 5 rockets per territory. I hadn't yet researched this in the new game. Is this a bug?

2) also during a subsequent play through one of my initial territories was unselectable.

5. DomTranslator

DomTranslator Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Game Impressions

I've been playing it for some 10 hours.

It's always great when a game is simple, yet so powerful that you can't stop playing. First Strike is exactly like this: you can learn how to play in 30 minutes, you'll be hooked in one hour.

I have the impression that it may be possible to bring the games mechanics even further - for ex. by placing more emphasis on to the Research, which by now is not that deep. After 5 minutes, you're likely to be done with it, and you won't need to touch it anymore.

Also, I think an online version is mandatory. If it works that great on single-player mode, I can't imagine what would it be to play it online.

This + the already mentioned save feature would bring you my eternal gratitude and a spot among my top 10 iOS games personal ranking.

@Anybody: I've done some 30%, but ATM it seems I can't go further. By any chance, do you know what 'win H2 means'? Help! :confused:

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    If you win 2 matches playing as the same nation, you unlock a new country + additional enemy.

7. DomTranslator

Feb 17, 2014
    Hi GiHubb, thanks for the answer! Weird, cause I won several matches with some of the countries and the Win H2 is still locked. Maybe it's because I'm always playing vs 4 enemies instead of the standard settings... I'll re-try.

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think the main issue for me is the lackluster AI, it's quite a push over. Only rarely does it ever try to shoot down nukes and it doesn't seem to attack the strongest nation or even expand properly. I never saw any sort of strategic consideration, it's like a random machine pretty much.
    I never lost a match, playing on impossible, and since there is no multiplayer, very soon it becomes quite a dull excercise.

9. bgkoh

bgkoh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    #69 bgkoh, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  10. eyeGamer

eyeGamer Active Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I really wish this had a 2D world layout option like Plague, inc.
    Navigating the 3D globe isn't that great, IMO.

11. MonkeyChunks

MonkeyChunks Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Well, this game sure came out at a weird time in world history. I mean with Russia being all angry and threatening the world with nuclear wars.
    Maybe I can at least bomb it in this game.
    Are the countries in the game real countries or made up names?

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would love an iphone version of this! I love the look of the battle and the interface.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Real

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Same here.

Any news on getting universal?

15. Moritz Gerber

Moritz Gerber Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Hi gameman, I'm the producer of first strike. A publish for smartphones would need some tweaks on the whole game to make it be fun on these small screens. We build the game from ground up for tablets. But you we're not the only one who asked for a smartphone version. so we'll keep an eye on that.

16. Moritz Gerber

Moritz Gerber Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Hi, I'm the producer of first strike. That's a bit weird, can you tell me with which nation you started this session?

17. Moritz Gerber

Moritz Gerber Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Has it worked now?

18. DomTranslator

Feb 17, 2014
    Yes, it seems if I play vs 1 enemy only I can unlock the win h2 thing. When I tried to play vs 4-5 players, it just didn't work (at least I think, but maybe I got something else wrong - not 100% sure).

19. Moritz Gerber

Moritz Gerber Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Update 1.0.3 is now available

The update 1.0.3 is now available in the App Store for iPad. It includes:

• - Reduced Memory Usage for iPad2 and iPad Mini 1st Gen
      - Graphic Optimisations to better support Multitasking
      - Upgrade to IOS 6.0 target

20. Motoroll

Motoroll New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Expected improvements

This game is great and fun and I congratulate the producer for it !
    But it would be better if there were scenarios like USA against Russia (cold war), Iran vs Israƫl,...
    I would enjoy the possibility to choose the enemies.
    I would also appreciate the possibility to save current games because sometimes it crashes or if we wait to long it starts from the beginning.
    Thanks !