Universal First Strike: Final Hour (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I don't go back that far ;)

I think the graphics are fantastic. Maybe the strategic aspect kicks in on higher difficulties, which I will try tonight.

2. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Well I've enjoyed wiping out the world with nukes a few times ;) Can't wait to see what gets done in future updates

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Are you trying to make me feel old? ;)

4. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #44 senkoujin, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Please do not drop iOS 5.x.x support!
    EDIT: Whoops, wrong game post, haha! But actually, this game (First Strike) INSTANTLY crashes on iPad 2! Also happened to my friend, please fix! Still, please keep supporting iOS 5.x.x!

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I knew I'd eventually see you here. Watching the world turn into ash reminded me of Plague. :D

6. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Nooooo....it's iPad only :( Was really looking forward to this.

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So how close to Defcon is this?

8. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    You know you are old when you can remember the nuclear war game on the Amiga lol

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is it really that hard to make a pinch zoom function? Ah well saved my money.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Pinch to zoom in and out is there in game.

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Enjoying playing this game, although I haven't played it that much yet. Get the feeling that there will have to be certain strategies employed to unlock everything! My "build loads, fire them all and hope for the best" strategy cant last much longer :)

12. JeremySpillmann

JeremySpillmann Active Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    For everyone having trouble with the iPad 2 and Mini Gen 1:

We are submitting Update 1.0.3 today into the App Store should hit mid next week. The update eliminates the Memory warnings on these devices. That means we had no crashes at all and multitasking is supported to the degree, that the next apps don't consume all the memory.

I've been sucessfully running shantea, the Room and First Strike simultaneously on the Mini Gen 1, but Subway Surfers then killed all the others.

The framerate also went up a few FPS thanks to the tweaks.

The iPad 1 is still problematic though... The game would run faster better with iOS 6, but that would block out all iPad 1 users who bought it now.

13. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Environmental changes?

Does this game react to environmental changes due to the destruction of the nuclear bomb and the radiation spreading through the globe? It feels a bit strange to be able to bomb other countries back to the stone age, than take these countries and use them like you previously did with your "own" countries. And a few dozen nuclear explosions should have some effect for every country out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo

14. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    There is a middle ground there: Destroyed Nations take double as long to conquer to make them barely hospitable again. Also previously destroyed Nations will also have only half health/half rocket capacity once expanded to.

So getting "fresh" nations is much more preferable than previously destroyed.

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Universal support? >.<

16. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    Does this mean that the iPad 2/iPad mini 1st gen INSTA-crash bug is fixed in this update thus making the game actually able to boot up correctly?

17. JeremySpillmann

Jan 18, 2012
    Game Designer
    Zürich Switzerland
    it should never have crashed instantly on the iPad 2/Mini 1. Only when memory allocation has gotten to high since it has been too close to the memory limit while playing, which never happened during our Testing Sessions but was reportet now. Did that happen to you?

18. ikmalmn

ikmalmn Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    For those who are wants to buy this game but can't......

Please be inform that 1/4 of the revenue that the devs makes is donation on anti-nuclear and the Red Cross (of some country :p)

19. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    i am running it on 1st Gen Mini, and haven't had any issues...

20. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    Ahhh, a reboot of the device fixed the problem, thanks.