Firemint Real Racing promo code competition

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by firemint, Aug 15, 2009.

1. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I know its their fault lol. I knew they were going to have a sale since it was quakecon but not that much

Well I wish I bought reeal racing before this contest since I waited I already bought grid so I think I'm good for all my racing needs

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Aw man I didnt win :( oh well....It's all good.

3. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I must admit that I'm a CAG as well, which is why I didn't buy Real Racing, it's probably a good thing that I won this contest, cause' otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gotten the game, but there's no better price than free. I will definitely leave a good review though, however, since I got it for free, I will have to guess as to whether or not it's worth 10 bucks. Anyways, thanks firemint for picking me, I honestly didn't think I had a chance at winning, personally, I forgot that it was random and I didn't think my post was all that good, but hey, it's the thought that counts right?:D

4. otggamer

otggamer Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I too am a CAG member and a bargain shopper.
    I refuse to pay $9.99 for ANY game on the app store no matter how good the reviews.
    There are always one-day sales or the inevitable price drop that would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I paid full price.

There are so many other apps to occupy my time, that a $9.99 app is just too expensive for me when I could get (up to 10) other really good games for that same money.

I'd really like to check out Real Racing and Rolando 2, but both purchases will be delayed until there is some sort of sale.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Rolando 1 never went on sale like doom did last week. There were gradual price decreases over time but nothing drastic. Real Racing has been steady at 9.99 since day one and the dev already confirmed there are no plans of a sale anymore. I think you`ll be waiting for a long long time. Unless you get lucky at some promo contest;).

6. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Everyone has there limit right... app pricing could be argued till the cows come home but in reality it's all about the individual. One of my favorite of all times was $9.99 and I never regretted it. It's $0.99 now and couldn't care less. This game I know is well worth the money but to each is their own. Your right though, right now there are many great games for much less. It's just a question that everyone needs to answer.. is it important enough?

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Guys Real Racing is NOT GOING ON SALE anytime soon, maybe ever! This isn't my opinion it is from Firemint's CEO Rob Murray, in an interview with PocketGamer.biz (link here).

Here's the relevant part:

8. otggamer

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I don't mind waiting, like I said, there is plenty of cheaper stuff to keep me busy until then. I did buy Tiger Woods when it went on sale for $6.99 ( I know its dropped more since) but that was the price I felt 'good' at. Right now I feel that $9.99 for Real Racing and Rolando 2 are just a bit too high for the amount of time I will probably spend on them. Unless you can get me with a good price or sale right near the release, I tend to be a late adopter on games that never drop their prices.

-Brett

I should note that I actually got Rolando 1 (which I really loved) for free from codes they were giving out at Best Buy. ;-)

9. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

@ otggamer
    If you read my post (the 1 above yours!) you would have realized that Firemint's CEO stated today that they have no plans for a price drop or sale on Real Racing.

In fact he is opposed to the idea for many reasons including devaluing the product, the quality, scope & budget of the game and its development and simply that he believe developers need to stand firm and sell their game at a price they feel its worth, not rush to the bargain bin (aka $0.99). As he says, there is a lot of game on offer for the $10 asking price compared to pretty much every other racing game on the app store - I mean the closest you could argue is NFS but the features and quality of that are miles away from RR.

10. otggamer

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I saw that in your post, but I have no doubt that after some time, as sales of Real Racing start to slow down, they will need to do something about the price. Never say "never".

I'm not saying that they'll be dropping the price soon, but it cannot stay at $9.99 forever, especially when Need For Speed Undercover just went on sale for $4.99. Even if these titles aren't of the same caliber, people might buy NFS since its cheaper thinking this is a known entity and skip Real Racing.

Maybe I am really missing out on a great game, but I just can't get myself to drop $10 on a single app store game. I don't really care if I need to wait months for it to happen, I'll hold off on it for now. Maybe I'll change my mind, but for now I'm content playing something else and playing the waiting game.

11. otggamer

Jul 10, 2009
    Massachusetts
    #191 otggamer, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Ha Ha... I knew it would happen!!! (never say never)

RT @Firemint: You asked for it, you got it! We are reducing the price of Real Racing this weekend: http://firemint.com/blog/?p=371

With everyone else having sales:

Need For Speed - $4.99
    Raging Thunder - $3.99
    Asphalt 4: Elite Racing - $0.99

Firemint has no choice but to drop the price (at least temporarily) to compete. I'm hoping for $4.99 or less! Let's face it, the average consumer is going to look at the price, not quality. They all pretty much look the same from screenshots, so w/o lite versions to try, most people will just buy the cheapest or middle-priced one.

12. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Man, I just bought the game yesterday too. Just my luck, they would reduce the price after I just bought it. Hahaha.