Firemint Real Racing promo code competition

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by firemint, Aug 15, 2009.

1. firemint

firemint Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Making games :D
    Melbourne, Australia
    As promised in the Real Racing thread, we're running a competition that hopefully everyone will have a chance to take part in :) There are two questions, and we will pick three random winners.

The rules are:

1. We will pick winners from the answers you post here but you don't have to be "first", it's a random draw from everyone who enters, so no need to rush.

2. Your answer must be posted by 11am on Monday 17 August, Melbourne (Australia) time - about 48 hours and a few minutes from now.

3. There is no "right" answer, just tell us what you think!

Answer to these questions:

1. What is your favourite part of the Real Racing trailer and why? (tell us the start and end time of the part you like best, it can be up to 10 seconds long)

2. What's your favourite quote from the Customer Reviews for Real Racing on the App Store?

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the competition, and good luck! :)

Alex

2. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    #2 PacSun4dc, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    my favortie is the :45 til the end great gliding threw to 1st place;music pump up the racing
    2. Best of the best,this is the best racing game so far

3. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Wow, nice move on the contest Firemint. I wish I can join but I bought RR as soon as I heard about it. Anyway, good luck to everyone. This is a game worth FIGHTING your guts out for!!!!!!!!!

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    1.from 29-33 second the turning controls looked really sharp and tight.
    2.If there was a nobel prize in racing, this would win it. ftw

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    favorite part is at 14 seconds because the camera view to the front of the blue car looks awesome.

My favorite quote in the itunes store is "who would have thought that an iPhone game could be anywhere near as good and real as a console game?"

6. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I like the near spin out that the guy had between 32 secs and 33 secs
    I like the quote "electrifing gameplay, jaw dropping graphics"

7. Justinth

Justinth Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 Justinth, Aug 15, 2009
    0:25-0:28
    The scenery is just amazing and it was a perfect clip to feature in the trailer.
    My favorite review quote is: "This was one of the main reasons I bought the iPhone."

8. walkyl9

walkyl9 Active Member

May 17, 2009
    My favorite part of the trailer is from 0:37-0:44, because it shows the AI drivers fighting for position on the track, like real drivers might try to do.

My favorite quote out of the customer reviews is "Insane Update, I can't believe firemint gave us 2 free updates with loads of content." It's great to here that you guys at firemint are continuing to tweak and update the game.

9. jenday

jenday Active Member

Jul 25, 2009
    ENG, UK
    1.my favorite part is 35 to 45 it show off the different views and controls very good
    2.This is the Gran turismo of "i" racing games.

10. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    1. The part of the trailer I prefer is between seconds 12 and 15, because these are the crucial moments before the racing and the sense of suspense is underlined by nice camera angles. Also the background music assumes a sort of epic atmosphere.

2. "This is one of the main reasons I bought an iPhone."

11. jblick

jblick Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Texas
    #11 jblick, Aug 15, 2009
    Contest

My favorite customer review: "And to think Asphalt 4 was $10 and the top racing game in the App store. That game is a piece of crap compared to this."

My favorite part of the trailer: around 0:11 and 0:12 there is a cool solar flare. I like it because I can appreciate great art.

12. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    1) 22-27 because that car looks awesome!

2) Finally a true racing simulator, not just an arcade game. No "drifting" here. But dial up the assists and even arcade types will be pleased. Simply stunning graphics.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    0:35 - 0:45 - battling for position - nice effects

"I just rasied my rating to 5/5 with the new update" - shows that you support your product and listen to your customers.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

14. bsg112358

bsg112358 Active Member

Feb 23, 2009
    1. (0:19-0:22) That's awesome how you snuck up on the yellow car and smashed right into him, then pull away and get ready to speed past him.

2. My favorite quote from the customer reviews: "This game just sets the bar so high that other developers have no choice but to go back to the drawing board."

15. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

1- My favorite part definitely has to be the hands of the guy and that sexy white background. (from 0.07 to 0.51)

2- Definitely the quote that says "stop being a sissy and just buy the game."

16. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    1. My favorite part of the video is at 0:07 were there showing all the different cars ;D

2. My favorite quote from the reviews on the app store is
    lol well according to that quote it seems like Ive been a pretty big sissy, hope I win the code :D

17. Takeahitjake

Takeahitjake Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2009
    1. My favorite part is 41 to 51, I love first person racing! It looks so smooth too.

2. Sidebuster's review "This is one of the main reasons I bought an iPhone" - holy crap, game must be really good :D

18. apptester

apptester New Member

Aug 4, 2009
    my favorite part of the realracing trailer is how they show how good the graphics are and showing the controls the game has to offer. "A must have racing game for iphone"

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

20-22 becuse the bump looked really realistic!

20. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

hey, you stole my quote