iPhone Fireflush, from the guys that brought you REKT!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Supervlieg, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Thunna88, I've added you to the group as well!

2. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Loaded up game on ipad pro and noticed that the pause menu has a bug. It never lets me go back to gameplay after pausing.

3. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Hey good find! Is this only the case on your iPad?

4. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Haven’t had too much time to play it on ipad but yes so far

5. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    We'll add it to our list!

6. charlie_gunslinger

charlie_gunslinger New Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Tried it out this morning. Pretty fun! My notes after about 10 minutes of playing:

I was playing on an iPad mini 2, and had some aspect ratio issues. The back button in the bottom left corner didn't work in the settings menu, and in other areas the touch responsive area didn't line up with the UI element.

I would have appreciated clearer messaging on whether the boosts are cumulative or one time use.

The "discovery +10" message popped up in consecutive runs, are you meant to be able to discover locations every time?

At one point my plane exploded in mid air, and then exploded on the runway. Didn't try and reproduce the glitch.

Also, tapping items in the settings menu makes the item scale in and out, but there is no change in the icon, so I am not sure what setting is active

7. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Hi charlie_gunslinger, thanks for the feedback!

- Aspect ratio on iPad: added to the list
    - Back button not responsive: added to the list
    - Upgrade one-time-use notification: we're considering changing the "upgrades:" title to something more insightful
    - Discovery popup: Makes sense, we'll add it to the list
    - Mid-air explosion: This is actually your fire-meter (top of screen) being at 100%. We're currently working on alerts and screen burn-over effects.
    - Exploding on runway: This bug has been fixed, will update next week probably.
    - Settings menu buttons: This screen will be revisited entirely before launch.

Again, thank you for the feedback. Keep 'em coming if you can!

8. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    #28 HEiRAVON, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but it would be better if the jets sounded like jets since prop planes sound like props.

Just a small wish (so far) for a very good game!

9. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    We agree, sound and music is actually something that we implement last, so all you hear (sounds, timings, mixing) is placeholder. Still good to hear your feedback on the topic.

10. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Well that is good to Hear! ;)

Really liking this game. Gameplay and Artwork is extremely well put together! You guys are a Company to keep an eye on! Amazing vision and execution!!!

11. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Thanks HEiRAVON, that's really good to hear. Let us know if you have any other feedback on the game :D

12. MoluckY

MoluckY Active Member

Nov 16, 2012
  13. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Added MoluckY!

14. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Have you guys thought about different times of day? Maybe morning, afternoon, night. Or a running 24hr clock for survival mode? Might be a bit much but just an idea. Also when can i invert the controls?

15. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    That's a very cool idea! We could then for example do forest levels at night, so they're easier to remember and talk about with friends. We'll add it to the list!

If I'm not mistaken, the controls can be inverted in the settings menu (tap the gear icon in top right of main menu). Like said before, the settings menu is still placeholder and needs to be polished before launch.

Let us know when something else pops up!

16. charlie_gunslinger

Aug 21, 2018
    I'd love to see some sort of time percentile for my 3 star times so there as an impetus to continue playing levels I have 3star gold medaled.

17. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Do you mean like the following?

00:15:62
    (89% to gold medal)​

That's cool! We're thinking about adding a screen that pops up after clicking a level from level select. In that screen it would then show your current completion time, the next medal time requirement and leaderboard rankings for that level (top 9% of the world). This screen would be located here:

Main Menu --> Level Pack Select --> Level Select --> [New Level Info Screen] -> Level Gameplay

Is this what you mean?

18. charlie_gunslinger

Aug 21, 2018
    I meant more like the top 9% if the world thing. Reason I mention it is because I loved it in Mirror's Edge Catalyst: http://www.bitcultures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Leaderboard-Image.png

19. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Yes that looks really cool. Maybe the "gold" medal could be something even more special (diamond or something) when you reach top 10% of the world. I've added the ideas to the list!

20. Hilda LLL

Hilda LLL Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Female