Fireball RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, what a good idea!!!

i’ve played the original D&D for years when i was young, and truly miss a lot those days, so this one could be an excelent way to return to sharpen the ax of my dwarf again!

ste86uk likes this.
  3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Always wanted to play D&D but none of my mates were into games, so it never happened.
    This could be my only chance to experience something that I know I would absolutely love.

ste86uk and Gwarmaxx like this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh the furthest I ever got with my friends was WoW and MuDs plus dabbling with D&D when I got a dungeon master book but that was it. I have looked online at local groups but I’d be a complete noob and it seems like they just look for people that already know what they are doing.

The option to do it online on my phone if the app is made well would be amazing.

stubbieoz likes this.
  5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Just so you know, the game’s going to be free to play with subscription for new characters and objects, campaigns and whatnot. Although the dev claims it’s going to be fully playable without it, we all know how players feel about subscriptions for a single game. So, don’t get your hopes too high.

I just happen to stumble upon a post on Facebook from one of the developers in case you’re wondering about the source and its credibility.

6. Jan Roose

Jan Roose New Member

Apr 15, 2020
    Male
    Hi everybody! This is Jan - I co-founded Fireball and I'm super excited to see your reactions to our game here!

7. Jan Roose

Jan Roose New Member

Apr 15, 2020
    Male
    I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about Fireball. I can promise we truly want to make it a great experience, even completely for free. Regarding the subscriptions, I know it's not a super popular way of monetization, but it allows us to have stable cash flow - with some income we can count on, it's much easier to create new cool stuff and to scale the product.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Jan Roose first of all, welcome to the TouchArcade forums.;)

What you wrote, I understand that from a developer's standpoint - makes perfect sense. But from costumer's point of view it's the worst thing imaginable. Paying weekly or monthly for a single game? I'd have to be playing it constantly (and nothing else) to justify this kind of financial model to myself.

I'm perfectly fine with Apple Arcade subscription with tons of games at my disposal. The same goes for Game Pass on Xbox or any streaming service like Netflix. But why would I choose to pay the same amount (more or less) for a single game? Doesn't make any sense. Why would I care about your stable cash flow? It should be your concern. Check out the dev's reaction on the matter in Levelhead's thread, specifically the last paragraph.

Anyway, your aiming for the end of the year release which is way too far away for us to be having this kind of discussion. Just be aware, this kind of monetizing didn't go well for lately released King Rabbit judging by the reactions in its thread despite the dev's similar reasoning behind it.

ThirdMoon and ste86uk like this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yes I think the comments in the King Rabbit and Levelhead are good examples. Honestly other than Apple Arcade I don’t currently pay for any game service.

The only time I have paid a subscription for a game was for WoW for many years and honestly I loved it and it saved me a fortune only being £10 a month and filling all of my time.