Universal Fire Emblem Heroes (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Feb 2, 2017.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I agree.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Played for half an hour so my comments are purely only from that perspective and not from having played the game for a much longer time.

Battles areas are very small and there seems to be very little need for tactical thinking (red beats green, green beats blue, blue beats red.....yawn).
    Nothing out of the ordinary for a typical free mobile game.
    There just doesn't appear to be any thing in the game that you haven't seen a hundred times before with these sort of tactical/rpg freemium mobile games. I guess the Fire Emblem reference will be the draw card for most, though it is only that game in name alone.

Might be fun if you want a quick very lite tactical game, though being Nintendo and being free I'm sure the game will end up being very expensive the more you play.
    I wasn't expecting too much from this game so I wasn't let down.
    Deleted.

3. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Doesn't feel like an Nintendo game with all the timers and stuff, but it's still a great gam. Really enjoying it so far.

4. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I tend to agree with most of what you said. The battles do not require almost any tactics or strategy at all due to the small grid these battles take place on. It feels like a reskin of many other free-to-play gacha games. However, it is quite generous with the energy/stamina. The IAP's seem quite fair in comparison to other games of this style but I am only 1-2 hours in. Usually you don't feel the paywall or need to spend money until a bit later down the road. It is not a bad game but it doesn't stand out in ways other than the Nintendo brand and Fire Emblem license. I expected much of these points and I will continue to play the game on toilet sessions! #

5. Minamori

Minamori New Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Add me! I'll be adding others who post friend ids.

Mina - 5812579665

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    been deleting the app and re downloading to re roll and get a good heroes and done it over 60 times i keep getting 3 stars. just gonna save my orbs

7. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Anyone else bored! I'm happy they brought a fire emblem game but this one just doesn't compare to the others!

I wish they just brought a real fire emblem game would have paid premium for it!

8. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    #48 fliindnyce, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    I've re-rolled since launch and same thing lol I keep getting 4 stars I'm over it lol... I did come across Roy and Marth only 4 star silver..

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Also, my first time I got a 5 star, and a few 4 stars. So lucky I guess.

10. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    #50 fliindnyce, Feb 3, 2017
    Just received a 5 star ogma should I keep or re roll??

11. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Do you need good Heroes? If so, spend them in 20 Orb batches (enough for 5 heroes in a set, as succeeding summons in that set are cheaper/get better chances).

If you already have your ideal setup, then you can save them for future Heroes.

12. bigmonkeynads

bigmonkeynads Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Man this looks bad compared to the original version like GBA it just looks..bad. Pass

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #53 nkx, Feb 3, 2017
    After two almost three hours of playing I'm deleting this. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and this is terrible. I'm only writing this because I'm a huge fire emblem fan!
    Oh well Gluck to the people who deleting and reinstalling to get better heroes

14. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    huh... some comments in this thread make me wonder wtf is wrong with people. if you aren't going to post a useful comment, don't bother.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How and when can I change my lineup? I got two 4 star summons on my first try but I don't seem to be able to edit my team?

Even with timers I'll still try it as I hardly ever sit and play games on my phone for hours.

16. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    I'm a huge FE fan and have played them all. Probably my favorite Nintendo platform game. While this is definitely a simplistic take on it, I'm actually enjoying it. 3 worlds in and the easy setting is too easy, but the hard and lunatic settings are actually very tough. Haven't spent a penny and as long as I'm patient I don't think I'll need to. The timer system is very generous. Time will tell how long I'll enjoy it, but it's more than just a popular name on a crappy game IMO. And keep in mind what it's really designed as: a gateway game to get people to buy true full games on the consoles. I do hate FTP games and I REALLY hate constant internet requirements, but so far it's worth the time.

17. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I am at Chapter 7. What sort of end game is there?

18. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Timers don't bother me... the thing I really hate in these games is autobattle. It's like the dev is just admitting that the only thing that really matters is how much you can overlevel. Just the existence of autobattle gives me no motivation to play.

19. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I haven't encountered any autobattles yet though. Combat in this game is standard Fire Emblem gameplay, just without assists/supports.

20. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Wait so the game gives you 8 orbs, and if you link it gives you 10 orbs. Once you delete the app and redownload you only get 8 and can't get 10 from nintendo link again. So how are you getting mutiple rolls after deletion. What am I not doing right?