iPad fingeric - now free

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arn, Nov 14, 2008.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    http://appshopper.com/games/fingeric

This is a novel game that uses multi-touch. I played it when it was $1.99. Not sure I was sold on it. But worth trying for free.

[​IMG]

arn

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I downloaded it yesterday. It's different than anything I've played before on my iPod Touch, so for $0,00 it's defenitely worth giving a try.

Quick explanation for the people who see the image and wonder what's going on:
    You use your thumb, index finger and middle finger and place them on the large black circles.
    The icon in the circle tells you what you have to do. A dot is Tap, an arrow is Slide. So in the image above, you need to tap the rightmost circles twice, and drag the icon on the top right outside of the blue grid.
    (There are more action in the game, like rotating the circles (counter)clockwise and holding one circle while performing actions with the others).

If you do this fast enough you get extra lives (a life it lost when you perform a wrong action) and multipliers (for the score, I imagine).

And the three circles in the center indicate what will be the next actions you have to perform.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried it but ended up removing it. I found the controls to not be that great, especially for the "twist" motion. I often couldn't get it to twist even during practice mode when there was no pressure. Moreover I just don't think it's all that fun of a game concept. Still, download it since it's free and see what you think.

4. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Agreed, twisting (rotating) doesn't work that great all the time. For example when my middle finger is on the bottom right icon and I need to rotate clockwise (so that my finger goes to the bottom left location) I often end up with my fingernail on the screen, to which the iPod Touch doesn't respond too well.

5. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I wasn't that impressed with this game. Novel idea perhaps, but fails in practice.

Perhaps more interestingly, all this company's other games are currently free too, those being ROLO and MASTERMIND.
    They might not be as "innovative" as FINGERIC, but are probably more fun to play.

6. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Really like it.
    Nice sound and cool gameplay. Perfect for short brakes.

7. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I never notice when games are from the same developer, but indeed I'd say that Rolo is a lot of fun too.
    If you're into Mastermind this is a good chance to get the game, but personally Rolo catches my attention more.

Anyone who has played Chuzzle and tried the Puzzle mode, will be very familiar with the Rolo gameplay. You can develop strategies which will make the game easier, but in my opinion it stays entertaining to play. It keeps the brain cells active!

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I tried Fingeric yesterday and found it to be interesting, but i won't play this kind of game often. Controls were ok. I was distracted because it didn't stop playing when I pressed the button on top of my iPhone to sleep it, therefore I lost the game... I hate when games fail at the defaults every app on the iPhone has to respect and follow.

Mastermind was bought two months ago and this version was buggy and the translation done automatically and therefore broken. I then bought another Mastermind clone which worked better.

9. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    468,000!!!

I love this game. Makes me feel like a real finger ninja.