FingerBeat - hardly a game, 100% awesome

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by McCurry, Jul 14, 2009.

1. McCurry

McCurry Member

Jul 3, 2009
  2. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Looks pretty good. Although, i don't see how it's at all similar to DJ Hero. DJ Hero is gonna be just like Guitar Hero, but w/ a turntable controller.

Anyway, it does look like a pretty polished app for making beats. Did this just get released? Cuz i've never even heard about this app until i saw your thread.

Think i'm gonna check it out. If i do, i'll let you know...

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I already own beatmaker and noise.io but this app looks like a ton of fun :)

4. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #4 Squirt Reynolds, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    I just bought it, and i have to say it's a nice beat-making app.

It's $3.99, and although it doesn't have a lot of content at the moment, i'd say it's definitely worth it if you're into music apps.

There's 8 different default kits, all with great quality samples, plus you're able to make/add your own kits. The "drum pads" respond really well and are laid out nicely on the simple, but attractive UI. (which you can change the background of BTW)

At the moment, there's no way to actually save and STORE your beats, but the last beat you made is saved in the kit type you made it from. For example, if you made a beat with the hip-hop kit, the next time you select hip hop on the kits screen and press PLAY, you will hear the last beat you made. You can record up to 6 patterns and play them consecutively.

You swipe to the left or right to get to either the (mini) sequencer/patterns screen, the kits screen, or the screen where you can change your background. There's also a pretty detailed HELP section you can access from that screen.

Beatmaker is still (and probably always will be) the best, and most detailed beat-making app. Anyway, that's not what the dev appears to be trying to do with FingerBeat. It's a much more simple, but still solid, quality music app. Plus, i'm sure the dev is already working on updates that will include all kinds of new features.

All in all, definitely worth the purchase. (IMO)

5. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    #5 aleceiffel, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    since you can't save and store, I'm assuming there's no way to export either... I suppose the vocals in the video are an example of playing "live" huh? looks cool but without saving or exporting...no buy

are the synth loops in the beat edit screen?

6. Rolento

Rolento Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    looks nice but I'd rather get the fancier chiptunes one right now.

7. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    What's chiptunes?

8. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    [app]8Bitone MICRO COMPOSER[/app] maybe?