iPad Find The Fault v1.0 (6 chapters 36 levels) - amazing puzzle game - available now

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TObject, Nov 23, 2010.

1. TObject

TObject Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Do you have an observant eye? Do you thinking logically? If you wanna find out just try out our new app - Find The Fault.

Find The Fault is amusing game, that offers to the user a lot of funny puzzels to resolve. Each puzzle presents a regular picture, but with some detail wrong. The user's watchfullness and attention are challenged ...

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/find-the-fault/id404645064?mt=8

Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-The-Fault/129454227113574
    Twitter Page - http://twitter.com/#!/findthefault

Promo codes available - please PM-me.

2. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    From what I can see, the art looks really great. I always enjoy a good puzzle game.

3. martchony

martchony New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    :eek: That's great game with amazing illustrations and addicted game play! I got it! It worth it!

4. iFonFan

iFonFan New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Hi, I downloaded the app and it is very addictive :)
    Hey man, I cant figure out what is the answer with this level with fishes, can you help me pls?
    Are you going to publish more levels soon?
    Cheers man it is very funny

5. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    iFonFan First of all thank you for downloading the game.

lol you managed to get to the level with the aquarium and the fishes good work mate.
    I can't tell you the answer cuz it's game secret :). You should complete this level by yourself.
    Actually we are working on 50 more levels so they will not be far away from today :).

I will be very happy if you post some feedback of your status with the game.
    Thank you again iFonFan.

6. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    martchony thank you for your download as well.

I've just received mail from one gamer from Canada - he is amazed of this game.
    I think we've created something amazing out here.
    Thank you all.

7. iFonFan

iFonFan New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Cool, I will find out the answer:)
    50 more levels !!! Are you ****ing kidding me man lol
    Ill be the first guy that will download the new version,
    Keep doing it pal,
    Cheers

8. Val26

Val26 New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I'am new in this forum but I'am starting to like it. I found a lot of nice games in here.
    I bought this game and it's good. The gameplay is a bit simple but I like the game a lot.

9. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Just so you know, when developers create a bunch of shill accounts to talk about how great their games are, it never ends up well for them. Also, I can't think of an example of a single game that was worth getting where the developer had so little confidence in their game that they had to make up people to like it.

10. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    mlkaufman I'am the only developer of this game. I dont know what you're talking about but everyone has his opinion. If you like the game by that you can see from itunes you wil buy it if you dont you will not simple :).
    Thank you.

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    TObject,

Thread needs more shills.

Make more accounts and/or have more lackeys post more fake sounding crap that everyone here can see through. You'll sell lots of games that way. Just tons and tons.

Or, probably not.

12. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    Few people bought my game what is wrong with that?

13. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Look, why don't you just be HONEST. Admit the shills were you, or your friends, and then you will be more respected here.

Devs who use shills and other devious tactics to get attention are frowned upon. You'll quickly get a bad reputation for that, and people will not take an interest in your games. Devs who are honest with their customers are liked, and people will take an interest in their games.

It's that simple. It's your choice.

14. StaTich

StaTich Active Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Did it ever happen that a game with shills had success ever? I mean it's kind of a lame tactic which makes me not even want to check out the game.
    The game can be good, but this type of promotion makes users avoid the game.

15. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    I'am honest with my customers.
    You are right about this user - martchony
    He is my friend and designer of the game as well. But he bought the game and playing it as everyone else.

16. TObject

Aug 2, 2010
    Btw there is Lite version of the game coming very soon so everyone can see it.

17. richi_man

richi_man New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I bought this game as well 3 stars from me because of the simplest gameplay.

18. puzzleGuru

puzzleGuru New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    By screenshoot seems to be a good game. I love puzzle games.
    Sent PM for promo code.
    Thank you.

19. C.Y.Lin

C.Y.Lin Active Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Game Impressions

the art looks really great

20. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    I actually PMed for a promo code, got it, and gave it a try. Here's what i thought:

Please note: SPOILERS ahead for puzzle solutions.

Art style is good, although surrealist aspect makes it hard to tell sometimes if things are flaws or just art.

Overall the concept is good, but here are some issues with gameplay that need to be addressed to make it less frustrating:

1. Once a picture has been completed, you can't revisit it.
    2. The main menu images are so dark it's hard to see which chapters are available. I thought the one BELOW Chapter 1 was the next one, but it was to the side.
    3. The area you touch can be very "hidden object" where you just keep touching things until you find the flaw, and even when you touch the right part it doesn't register. Example: The hourglass level, I touched the empty space at the bottom (as it clearly shouldnt' have been there), but it wasn't until I touched the sand at the top (which, oddly, COULD have been there) that it registered the flaw.
    4. I don't know what the numbers at the bottom do, at least as far as my "score" is concerned. That should be explained in the tutorial screen.
    5. Chapter 2, Level 1: apparently the hanging clothes are missing straps, but why would the straps on the other 3 pieces of clothing be ABOVE the clothesline? Wouldn't they be what the clothes are hanging from? Are they heavily starched or something? (I wanted to go back and look at the picture again afterwards but couldn't because you are locked out once the faults are shown. That's lame.)
    6. What is the little grey circle at the bottom of every image supposed to do?
    7. Chapter 2, LEvel 2: There are 2 dice pictured. That's it. One has 7 pips instead of 6. Touch the die showing 7 and the level is done. That's too simple. Little thought is involved, and there aren't even many options to be confounded by. When the art style is so simplistic, there needs to be more cleverness to how the puzzles are constructed.

Overall it's not a bad concept, and the art is cool. Kinda "rock"-style. But the puzzles would be suited for children, not an adult looking for any level of complexity or visual cleverness. A surreal looking mushroom has leaves growing on it. What's the fault? The leaves! Fungus don't have leaves! That's about as far as the game goes.

Again, a good effort. I encourage the dev to take the art style and focus on making the puzzles more in-tune with the artwork where it isn't a gotcha with the way something is made (drawn), but the situation in general. (I like 2-3 where an oil lamp sits on a desk, but behind it, visible but subtle, is an electric outlet it is plugged into.) A slightly busier picture (perhaps a more realistic art style) would hide that plug even further and add to the challenge. It's also VERY short. Each problem is a minute of looking, at the extreme. Some were 5 seconds. With only 36 such problems, it's less than 15 to play through all the levels and once they are done, they CAN'T be replayed (without reseting the whole game) so that reduced the re-playability by great deal.

I hope that's some helpful feedback. I appreciate the promo code, and the occasional puzzles that left me scratching my head and smiling to see the answer. 2/5 stars for now.