iPad Finally beat Trace!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tizzyler03, Nov 11, 2008.

1. tizzyler03

tizzyler03 Well-Known Member

After 106 minutes and 11 seconds, I finally beat all the levels in Trace! How far are you??!

2. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    im 100% in just over 29 minutes;)

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    It looks fun. I think I will go download it right now...

4. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Nice... I haven't taken the time to beat it yet.. but it's fun :D

5. I completed it with a time of 58:46, and I am sure there are many others with a quicker time than that. I completed it, in real time, after a few days of playing. It's addictiveness was it's downfall in the end. I completed far too quickly than I'd have liked, and I long for more levels. However, I appreciate that it is free, and there is only so much you should expect for gratis.
    I hope the developer will work hard on adding more levels to Trace 2 so it will take longer to complete. Let's face it, 100 levels sounds a lot. But when some of them literally take a few seconds to finish, it's no wonder it doesn't take that long to get through them.

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I completed it in around 70min on version 1 (no eraser). I believe it could be much better if I'm using physical buttons as the virtual d-pad is so frustrating to use. I ever spent 10 minutes just to passa1 level while my drawing was already correct.

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Is there any replayability once we beat all levels? I love this game, so I'm just curious if there's anyway I could still replay it.

8. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I guess you could start over, maybe delete it and reinstall so you can completely retry and improve your time. But there's no option like in Touch Physics where you can change the gravity.

9. bovinedragon

bovinedragon Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Interesting Idea. I'm always looking for ideas to improve Trace!

I played through Trace again a few days ago and got my time to around 17 mins.:)

10. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Cool! This would mean that, depending on the setting, jumps would be higher or lower (and maybe farther? Or less far, or would this make several levels impossible?), and you could replay the game with different settings.

Also, maybe you could create an icy environment so that when you jump or walk, the little guy will slide a bit further after you let go of the control? This would make for more precise controlling.

(I reinstalled Trace last night after finishing it a while ago, it's better to keep a game like this on the device. ;) )

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    17 min? :eek:
    I was really surprised until I realised who you are. It's unfair as you might know something we don't ;)

- Another way to add replayability is custom levels by players which we can download and play like Cube Runner.

- Is it possible to add additional control option which works like MouseAbout (plus the jump button)?

12. Why do you need to reinstall to improve your time? It remembers your best time for each level. Just replay each level to reduce the overall time. That's what I have done.

As for gravity, haven't some of the levels got different gravity anyway? The space area for example.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's weird, I improve my best time at 1 level but it didn't change the recorded time. I never tried it anymore though, so maybe it was a one-off thing.

I remember the space too, but I haven't played TouchPhysics so I don't know.