iPad Finally a change in the #1 paid game!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zincous, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    iFart Mobile has been taken down! iShoot takes over...

[​IMG]

2. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    why.. i shoot sucks

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although having a big bomb followed by a fart does not sound good. :D or vice versa. :D

4. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    There was a lite version that was just released that took number one free apps too. I bet those really increased the paid app sales for iShoot...

5. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Blargh. I'll be happy when Crazy Tanks makes number one. Now THAT is a good game. Bootant person sure knows what he's doing (I think).

Yay contribution!

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Agreed.
    I'm surprised that this $2.99 app beat the $.99 app considering the universal popularity of flatulence. :rolleyes:

7. taran420

taran420 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    quick question...why isnt a game like Rolando up there??? it has all the hype and people are getting it aswell

8. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well rolando is 51st. But it is $9.99 so not as many people can dish that amount out. Unlike the $.99 stuff that everyone can buy/afford willy nilly off impulse buys, which make these other cheaper stuff higher paid apps....

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I am SO happy iShoot is finally the #1 game in the app store. I was one of the first people to buy it and the very first to review it (My review is the first one listed, which I still haven't edited :p). The game wasn't the best when it came out, but it's a very nice game now.

I'm glad the developer listened to the suggestions because it has really paid off. ;) It was definitely one of the most underrated games for a long time but it's getting the attention it deserves now.

I recommend this game to anyone. It's lots of fun and you'll love it if you've played and enjoy the game "Worms."

10. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    End of an era :)

11. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    #11 CrocStock, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
    A statement to whoever supported iFart
    Go spend your money on some other lowly mobile ringtone or wallpaper to impress your "mates" because you are obviously not worthy of iTunes among other things with your low level of intelligence to of actually bought it.

I am happy that iShoot made it to the No.1 spot although I cant help but think of other games that should be there (Higher production values, effort and overall enjoyment are with games such as Rolando, Edge and Fastlane Street Racing).

Oh, happy 201st post as I forgot post 200 :p

12. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Hmm, Will buy when it has multiplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I think ishoot is a very good game, I used to play is all the time, I see thier lite version is the top free app, the screenshots they put up makes it looks appealing. But with the new worms like snail game out, I been playing that lately cause thats more like worms than the tank game.

14. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    What's AMAZING is that iShoot is over 10MB.

What it says about the market? Casual gamers are the majority of players.

15. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA

You Sir, are hilarious

16. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yes I am. LOL. Thanks. Your argument is VALID. :)

17. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California
    what worms like snail game?

link please

18. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Snails Reloaded

And iShoot is awesome.

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Except, if you look closely at that pic, you'll see that iFart isn't a game, but listed as "entertainment".

Seriously, the market for both may have some crossover, but they are not in direct competition with each other. iFart is as much in competition with any of the games on iTouch/Phone as movies for download through XBox 360 are with Halo, which is, to say, not very much at all. Those in the market for a game for their device aren't going to really be looking to buy iFart.

20. almost

almost Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I hate ishoot. More crap, poorly thoughout rushed bullshit entering the app store.

Maybe its because I had a similar crappy game on my motorola years back.

Or maybe its that I like a game that has been polished. Great gameplay and graphics. It's not worth that price tag, thats for sure. Play it for about 30 minutes and ditch it.

It's why IMO fieldrunners is so much better compared to tap defence. The developers put effort into making it right. High quality graphics, sounds, fun gameplay, etc. I want more of that entering the app store.

Not more cheap stuff from developers wanting quick and easy money. errr :mad: