Universal Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    So from what I’m seeing the crashes are on newer devices only ? The 8 and the X. Well poo on you SE. guy having the most trouble on the X using the latest version? I’m not. I’m on 11.2.1. I tried taking all graphics and everything down to minimal but it didn’t work so I took em back up lol. Why suffer slightly on looks if it made no difference? The crashes are just random. Sometimes loading from my save. Sometimes in battles, sometimes when you approach a story spot.
    Oh btw a hard reset is always the first thing I do when I have issues :p by now every iPhone user should have that as default. Shoot it never hurts to do it everyonce in a while anyways. Only old ppl are like “hard what?” Lol

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Using first gen big iPad Pro here on iOS 10.3.3.
    Graphics set to max.
    Completely played chapter one with no crashes.
    Almost finished replaying chapter one again then buying the rest of the chapters.
    Still haven't had a single crash.
    The iPad gets very hot though. Probably the hottest it has ever gotten playing a game before, and I have played hundreds.

Perhaps the heat generated might be causing the crashes? #

3. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    I have a 6S and haven't had any crashes yet. 60fps and I was streaming. The phone did get hot though.

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hello, I have a problem... my game doesn’t start. Takes forever on loading screen.. :( anyone here have the same problem?

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Co worker tried it on his 6, no dice. Crashes before gas station then Becomes unplayable.

6. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Very hot! I also have the graphics set to max with the frame rate at 60. At first I set it to maximum FPS but I turned it down to 60, just in case the max frame rate, for some reason, caused too much heat. I don’t know if tweaking the frame rate has a big effect on the amount of heat produced but it sure makes the game feel much smoother when playing above 30 FPS.

The only crash I’ve had so far has been at the title screen while trying to access the options menu. Tried booting up the game again and everything was good.

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm playing on the first gen large iPad Pro too - around 8 hours into the game and I've had no crashes or any issues whatsoever. (apart from the couple of lines of German dialogue I mentioned earlier)

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    "8 hours".
    Mind saying how far into the game you are? #
    Just curious about game length.

I also had the German dialogue happen. No biggie, was just a bit funny to hear.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm still on chapter 4 but I'm in no hurry - I'm just taking my time, especially in towns and larger open areas. I enjoy wandering around and exploring things. A game like this can be as long or short as you like, depending on how much time you spend exploring, or just head straight to the main objective.

10. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    What is the full price pls?

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Very hard to give exact price because Apple does not simply convert prices to your region according to current market prices, unlike Steam which does.

For example: The game is around $20US but it is $31AUD.
    The conversion rate is currently $1AUD = $0.78USD.
    So the price in Australia should be $25.70 approx. It just does not add up.
    So it all depends upon what country you live in.

Sorry for the rant about an old grumble of mine. #

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Same here I make sure and explore it he entire map and sometimes the maps have had more to them than I expected plus you can find more items
    I with you on taking my time and enjoying it rather than rushing through it

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    What chapter can we catch fish? :p

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The one on the Playstation 4 #

15. Evil Ducktator

Nov 28, 2017
    Can't get past the "Loading..." screen when I choose Load Game from the menu. Even after reinstalling and downloading the chapters again. :/

Ok I was only about 30-45 minutes into Chapter 1 but still. I don't want to start again and have this happen a second time, or worse play further and not be able to load the game.

Grrr.

16. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  17. chispito

chispito Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Cool game, but I've had my issues as well...sometimes the screen will stop responding, though I hear the music and backgound sounds, the only solution is to close the game and continue from a saved point, which has been annoying...it has happened several times! And I have heard the Germans too! :D I play with a Pro 10.5in.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Ran into this problem as well. I expect that we’ll see an update soon. In the meantime, I’m trying a workaround for my next playthrough of chapter 1: before leaving the game, I’m quitting to the world map (from the settings menu). That resets your progress to the last save point, and seems to keep the save from getting corrupted (which is probably what’s happening). So far so good, but we’ll see when I get back to where I was before.

19. Rebanico

Rebanico New Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Game stuck on loading screen

Played for around half hour into the first chapter and wanna go back into the game but finding the game completely stuck on the start loading screen

Really frustrating when i wanna play the game but cant

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    See my comment above.