Universal Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    I already played on PS4 and I’m playing the pocket edition to. Both are same games but the gameplay is but different. Both are really good games.

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Tbh its like asking yourself if youd rather eat an apple or an orange.

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    How far are you in the pocket edition? Are the quests the same?
    There's been a lot of talk whether content has been cut in PE but haven't seen anything definitive.
    Thanks!

4. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    It does feel a little linear -- I think it's basically the story of FFXV but "on a rail" some. Makes me want to go back and restart the "big boy" version for sure though -- I may have to juggle PS4 FFXV and Persona 5 for awhile (yes, you too, Xenoblade Chronicles 2).

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #85 Dailon80, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    I am on Chapter 2 and yes some content cut it's more to do with things being more streamlined and not much free roaming
    no fishing, some side quests but def not all... pretty linear and it is not the same it's a diff experience but not bad considering

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I went into it expecting it to be same as console content wise which is what I had heard and it’s not
    This is still a super game for mobile and one I will play a whole lot so it’s worth the money to me and it’s 40$ less than the big console game
    They made it where Anyone can play it and while I get that I just wish they would have had options for those of us who are familiar with it that’s all but worth it for me all and all
    When minimizing the app it will restart you and you have to load from last autosave this is one big fix they need to get on right away cuz often times you don’t even end up in same spot you left off

7. Elmo0629

Elmo0629 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Manager
    Dallas, TX
    Question on Draw Resolution Settings

I have a question I hope someone here may know. I have an iPad Pro 10.5 and so figured I could set all the graphic settings to the maximum. My question comes on the “Draw Resolution” setting. I originally set it to “High Resolution”, but noticed there is a “Device Resolution” option. It seems that “Device Resolution”would be the optimal choice as I do not need images higher than what my display can show, however what gave me pause is the setting is listed under the “Low Resolution” setting. So I am hoping someone here can clarify for me the benefits and drawbacks of each setting. Square-Enix has no documentation I could find. Appreciate anyone’s input.

8. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Got the same ipad you have, i simply chose high just in case....

Now this game is a battery eater though, my battery gets eaten alive lol.

9. Elmo0629

Elmo0629 Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Manager
    Dallas, TX
    Prior to this game's release I had been sucked into "Lineage II" and that game set on high destroys a battery too. lol. I need Apple to offer a cheap battery replacement program for the iPad like Apple has for the iPhone right now because these games have to be destroying my battery. I have a fast charger set up I use when I am in one place, but that makes my iPad almost unbearably hot to hold. The joy of first world problems.

10. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Does it run on 6+ ?

11. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Regarding the battery issues: try setting the graphics to medium. The game still looks more than fine, but battery consumption is drastically (!) reduced.

Now back to playing # just completed the imo very cool second chapter.

12. 5hift

5hift Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Anyone notice that during the battle sequences the voice-over language sometimes changes to German?

Even if you have your language set to English, the characters sometimes say their lines in a completely different language.

Kind of funny but otherwise not a huge game-breaking bug.

Game itself seems to be a pretty wholesome experience.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That happened to me too at one point. One of the characters in the background was shouting his lines in German.

14. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Does not support iPhone 6 :(((

15. Wonkavator

Wonkavator Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Wtf, seriously

Can someone please explain to me why exactly my 6+ is somehow not a supported device when it plays the prologue AMAZINGLY well?

16. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Yep! the game support multilanguage an iPhone X full screen :)

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Not sure 6s plus is that’s what I have and I can play it just fine
    Mine must barely have made it

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Chapter 2 is great I love the cave dungeon and how it looks on here
    The sounds all that really good atmosphere
    Almost done with chapter 2 but def more to it than 1 and you get to use some magic :)

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I haven’t been keeping track of time but I reckon I’ve been playing for 5 - 6 hours now and I still haven’t completed chapter 3. I think this is going be a decent sized game, especially if you take the time to explore. Some areas have lots of little nooks and crannies with collectibles and side quests if you choose to explore, and don’t just rush to the main objective.

20. 5hift

5hift Member

Nov 21, 2013
    So far the sidequests feel pretty much the same...

I don't know if this is how it is in the original game but its starting to feel a bit repetitive...

A major concern of mine with this game is the depth. I have yet to finish it and make final judgments but that what it feels like so far.