Universal Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My crashed save on iPhone X would not open on my iPad Pro. I had to start over. On my second save, I backed out to the world map and haven’t had a problem since, aside from a couple iPad crashes. The save still works though. However, once the app crashes and won’t load, there’s nothing I’ve found to make that bad save work again.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #202 metalcasket, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Whoa, what the hell...I don’t think I ever got that message and...well....maybe I sold it? O_O

EDIT: Im an idiot. It’s right there. Never mind! LOL

3. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    No, it was a working save file - my save slot 1 is corrupted and I can't get that one to load. Luckily (?) I was only at Errand Prince questline in Ch1, so I just gave up and made a new game on save slot 3 using the "quit to world map" trick, and my slot 3 so far has been okay. I'm only working through Ch2 now though.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Ok I made a silly mistake. Chapter 1. The dog tag quest. I didn't know once u leave the area the quests are gone. How do I replay that area ONLY?

5. worldofjimmy

worldofjimmy Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Summoning

Anyone know if summoning possible in this pocket edition; or, does summoning only happen as part of the predetermined gameplay cutscenes?

6. worldofjimmy

worldofjimmy Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Replaying Chapter

Thanks for the headsup, Candykiller! Very helpful. 3 quick questions for you since you've completed the game.

1) Do you know if it is possible to control summons as part of the battle gameplay, or are they completely all predetermined scenes?
    2) For magic spells (i.e. fira), will you always need to rely on finding a magic element pod to charge up 1 use at a time, or will you be able to use multiple magic spells in the same battle at some point in time?
    3) Is there only 1 ending to the game (the original ending), or is the alternate ending available as well?

Many thanks in advance!

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Chapter one is a fairly short chapter, perhaps just over an hour long. If you havent progressed too far I would suggest you just replay it (I replayed it once and was surprised at all the stuff I had missed). The only way you can redo a chapter is if you finish the chapter you are currently on. Then you get the option to go back to an earlier chapter.

With that being said I don't know yet what happens when you redo an earlier chapter. Someone mentioned that you have to do the whole chapter again, but I believe you retain all you have accumalated so far.
    I am midway in chapter three and want to try replaying an earlier chapter but it's taking time to finish it (not that I'm complaining) #

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    1) Summons are only available at specific points in certain boss battles. You don't have much control over them.
    2) You do have to find the magic element pods to use them, and I think you can only have one available at a time, unless there's possibly an unlockable ability to have more than one. I didn't pay too much attention to the magic spells later in the game to be honest, as you have more powerful options at your disposal at that point.
    3) It's possible (but unlikely) that there's an alternate ending if you play more than once. I couldn't say for sure though as I haven't tried it.

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    My advice to anyone just starting the game is to make the main (red) objectives the last thing you do after scouring the area. You could easily miss out on lots of additional gameplay by being swept along with a cutscene and moved on to the next part of the story.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And I recommend that every time you run into a treasure hunt, before you dig up all the stuff on the maps, dig random holes all around. I’ve dug up 5-10 holes in-a-row and found stuff. Eventually, the random holes stopped giving things. But it’s like free Gil!

11. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I completed chapter 1 and replayed it again. Why is the game still easy? I thought someone mentioned its new game + ie extra difficulty?

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    New Game + is unlocked once you finish the entire game.

13. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I see thanks

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The first few chapters are relatively easy but the boss battles get tough when you get deeper into the game.

15. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Guys I need an honest opinion. Will u guys reckon I buy this game or chaos rings? Both cost 30 bucks in my currency.

16. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Now that I have replayed some of the earlier chapters after completion, I'm not sure that I would describe it as New Game +

You basically play with the gear you have accumulated but the difficulty appears to remain the same, making it easier than the first time, if anything.

I just thought I'd better clear that up in case players are expecting a bigger challenge after completion.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Between this and CR3, I’d get this. CR1 would be a different story, but that one is no longer available.

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Yes cr3. The reason I have my doubt because someone finished the game in 18 hours. In cr3 18 hours your barely in the mids.

19. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Sometimes length isnt everything though, I enjoyed CR3, I really did, but after 30ish hours it started to feel very repetitive to me.

I feel that FFXV PE is a morr fleshed out experience, especially fresher, but opinions are subjective.

I have a question for those who finished the game, what does NewGame+ do exactly ? Is it a challenge or you just bruise through everything even faster than before ?

20. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Oops i didnt see that.... bummer... :(

Lets hope SE adds difficulty options or something in am eventual patch