Universal Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Anyone?.... ##

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It does not. And frankly, as long as you are careful, there’s no reason to avoid FF15 at this point.

3. tsargeant3012

tsargeant3012 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2012
    German?

Haha, I actually love this. I have definitely had this happen to me...

“Tell someone you love them today because life is short. But SHOUT it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing”

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can you possibly know if a crate is empty or contain materials before smashing them?

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    just really love how the weapons change appearances i was assuming when i started that everything would loook the same but no. and the exclusive cactaur sword is so OP if you use it right at level 1

6. worldofjimmy

worldofjimmy Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. When you are on the world map, you can go back to the previous chapters you completed. Tapping on them would prompt a box that asks you if you want to replay the chapter. However, I'm not sure what happens if you replay the chapter.

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Oh, thank you, but I start the game again and went I leave and takes again, my game doesn’t start! Keeps loading! :(

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #188 stubbieoz, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah I saw that was possible but I'm also unsure what it will do.
    As soon as I finish the current chapter I'm in I will give it a try and post what happens. #

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Quit to the world map before you leave the game — that should take care of the problem.

10. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    #190 tekchic, Feb 11, 2018
    Quitting to world map seems to finally be the trick that works, thanks guys. I was able to finish Chapter 1 on my OG iPad Pro 12.9" with no problems (having picked up the cloud save from my iPhone X). Just purchased the whole series, and looking forward to Chapter 2 (but waiting on the next 1.2gb to download, heh).

Love the game so far, despite the loading bug. I think I'm gonna restart "big FFXV" tomorrow on PS4 for fun - I had barely gotten to Galdin Quay the first time around.

11. Nikos

Nikos Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Did a save that didn't load on your iPhone X work on your iPad Pro, or was it a working save file?

Thinking about starting over, for the third time, and closing the app from the World Map screen. It could be game over if the game crashes though, which is what happened last time around.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Where can I find the Cactaur Sword? I’m on the 4th chapter so far and I’m taking a more “playing for the story” approach to the game, so I’m not bothering with looking around and whatnot.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    From memory it was available to me from the start. I think the in-game message was something along the lines of, "this is a special weapon available to mobile players".
    I then had to open my inventory and equip it.
    Sorry I cannot be more specific. I play a lot of games. #

14. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    You already got it when the game started actually.

15. worldofjimmy

worldofjimmy Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Replaying a chapter

Thanks, Stubbieoz! You rock. I'm really hoping it allows you to replay the chapter while keeping all of your progress, items, exp, ap, etc. That would let me grind through the game and slow it down for me since I'm blowing through the chapters too quickly at the moment.

Looking forward to getting your report!

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I’ve just completed it and I must say, that was quite an epic for a mobile game. Also, I can confirm that you can choose an older chapter and you will continue with your end game gear (New Game +) but you are locked into playing from that point on. I was hoping we would have the option to dip in and out of chapters at will after completion, but it doesn’t work that way.

17. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    It's funny to see him hitting the Monster using a cactus.

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Holy fu.. How Long did you take to finish it. Did u play this game on the console before

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    No, I didn't play it on console. I wasn't really keeping track of time but I think I probably spent a little under 2 hours per chapter on average, so maybe somewhere around 18 hours in total.

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #200 curtisrshideler, Feb 11, 2018
    Personally, my only times where my saves would get stuck on loading is after the app crashes and I close it and open it back up. So, going back to the map before that wasn’t an option. Thankfully, I’ve made it past my crash in a new save, which is all I can suggest. And like you’ve said, I did back out to the world map early in that new save. And every crash since hasn’t been a problem.