Universal FINAL FANTASY VII (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 19, 2015.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm buying anyway but can anyone confirm if the battle scenes are frame locked at 15 FPS like the Steam version or is it improved?

2. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sidebar: Is there a thread or list somewhere that lists the bigger games that *don't* have cloud save support? I hate to update my device next year and then lose hundreds of hours of play on a game I wasn't quite finished with like MHFU, Transistor, etc...

Hoping FFVII has cloud saves -- I enjoy playing FFVI on both my iPad and iPhone and switching between the two.

3. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Looks like someone got Mandi's joke. It was supposed to be a serious question and a joke both on the same coin.

4. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Er,what is this 'Max stats' feature it mentions in the description? Hopefully not some sort of game ruining feature that allows you to simply level up at free will! I guess that it would be whoevers choice but it would destroy the entire fun of the game if this was what it was?

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    What's with the buttons and d-pad getting in the way of the commands? Isn't there a complete touch interface for selecting/ confirming commands?

That v-pad and v-buttons (how i saw it on the stream) is 99% like the controls if you play it emulated. Please someone tell me there is a dedicated touch interface for commands (even the crappiest KEMCO rpgs have it)

6. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Anybody know if it has MFI support?

7. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    From what i saw (and zoomed) at screenshot number 4, it seems like d-pad and shoulder buttons will clog the screen.... Anyways, android please!!!!! :p

I was 7 years old when this is released, and didn't play it at all.. Played crisis core and will play this legendary game!!

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's all virtual buttons from what i've played. That means we dont get to tap on commands or targets.

THERE IS FULL MFI SUPPORT. Im using a madcatz micro and it works flawlessly. Just needed to set the controls opacity to zero.

My only gripe with the game is that it is in turbo mode. Everything moves faster, except for the music and sound effects. I wish they provided an option for normal speed. On the other hand, it felt a little more appropriate for mobile. I still wish there was an option though, coz i want it to feel like an authentic port, not a "mobiled" one.

Another flaw is the lack of full controls optimization. They have provided a few options, but they're almost all similar. The virtual buttons also look like they were sized to be perfect on the iphones, as they look gimongous on the ipad. Im thankful there is MFi support. The virtual buttons work well, but i want to move buttons around to my liking.

Bottomline though, this is a great port. I havent tried the Max Stats option as im afraid it would ruin the game. There are multiple save slots (10 iirc), but im not going to try.

So far it's glitch free, so it's well worth the asking price now that it's mobile.

Cheers!

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I JUST bought this on PSN for $4.99 with Square Enix sale!

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    How different is the "turbo mode" from the standard speed we all know....it doesn't ruin the experience does it? Also, do you still have the option to customize the color of your window by chance?

11. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    #71 Testopi, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    OMG, i was 17. I've played this game over 100 hours..
    Gold Chocobo and the Knights of the Round...

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I estimate about 20% to 30% increase in movement speeds. It doesnt ruin the experience, but it doesnt feel natural, and by natural, i mean like it was in the original.

And yes, the option to customize window color is still there.

13. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    I wonder if most ff7 fans are also aware of climit change issues etc this game really opened my eyes to the reality of the world.

14. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    When you say movement speed do you mean the timers for the turn based attacks or the models of the characters themselves during battle and in the overworld?

15. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    I don't think we would see the remake on iOS untill at least 2020 square will continue with there backlog as well as maximise all profit possible from the ps4 version

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Awesome.. instabuy as soon as I changed my pants...

17. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I wonder if the graphics will be better on the iOS version due to it being a PC port? I have FFVII on my Vita as well but still haven't played it yet, so I think I'll play it on iOS first.

18. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    IOS 8 only, that freakin blows... Being a huge FF fan I didnt update yet, with ff2 being broken i would need to make a choice now... Cant get the two running eh ?

Oh and losing my jb would be a bummer too

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dont forget mime maxed out, and equip reflect rings and either mp plus or hp plus, than knights of the round is free to cast and either heals you, is free to cast or both :D

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My favorite is still 100% Cover with all the rest 100% counter :)