Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Also $15.99 in United States.

2. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    See Square is massively overcharging for its apps again!

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Nope. That's their normal price. Their game, their work, their price. Seems worth it to me. But, then again, I can afford it. I guess a lot of people might not be able to.

4. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Played through Narshe, on my way to Figaro.
    I think the ui in this is Square's best yet in the FF series on iOS.
    The new sprites don't bother me too much, my biggest complaint is that they seem too rigid. They stand at perfect angles. If that makes sense. If they were a little off centre from the view to the screen the depth they would have would be more appealing, for me.
    There is also now a hint box on the upper right in the main map at least that gives you your current objective. Someone was asking about how it would be to put the game down for a week or two then get back into it. It'd help.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Plays great, very nostalgic. My only bummer is a lack of controller support.

6. Glamrod

Glamrod New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    My all time favourite game ever (next to Halo 1). I haven't picked this up yet...please tell me Kefkas as glorious as ever #

7. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Just escaped Figaro. The directional buttons are pretty annoying, I won't lie. But I'm thinking some of it is just me needing to get used to it. Otherwise, not regretting my purchase at all!

8. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    I find it moves easier with a more "classic" 4-way controller setting from the options menu. Other than that I do wish it had a fixed stick than floating, but I doubt that square will add that. Most their games are floating stick :/

Great remake otherwise :)

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I seem to see IAP thingy mentioned but I cannot find it... :rolleyes:

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide whether I just play the GBA copy on my GBA micro, load it up on my DS,wait for it to launch on the 3DS or grab this copy.

Being that I don't care for the circle pad much and that there are cloud saves, I'm interested in forgiving the graphical detractions, but I also remember Sabin's moves...

For those who have played the console and iOS versions, is there a point where you'd want a controller?

11. andsoitgoes

This is one of my biggest frustrations! I'm glad they have it, and it'll be put to use because, well, I have been known to start 70% of the games and finish about .5%

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. Kefka is my alltime favorite FF bad guy, with Garland coming in a close 2nd.

I really hope Kefka is as wicked cool as he is in the original.

13. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    #153 Vexka, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Hey guys!
    Ok so technically I'm not an adult yet (just saying I haven't played any old FF games on older consoles etc.) and I've never ever played a FF game (yes... Not even the new ones)
    Lots of people say this could be one of the best FF's (that and FFVII I guess... :D but I don't really know...)

So - I was simply wondering how this game plays out on touch (iPad mini iOS 7 - latest) if it's worth it if I've never played a FF (I do really enjoy RPG's too) and yeah just overall what it's like (I could wait for TA to review it - as I'm SURE they will... Lol!)

Thanks soooo much guys! :D
    ~Vexka

14. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    That's actually what I've been using most of the time. I just don't like the diamond very much. I'll have plenty of time to get used to it though, I suppose!

15. andsoitgoes

This x 8 (pretend that 8 is sideways)

His sprite "muahahahaha"-ing is one of my fondest memories from the game.

Sod it all, who cares about anything else. I've bought the game countless times, what's one more? My GBA copy cost me $35, so $16 it is.

16. Tajjy

Tajjy New Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Then you must not be jaded at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Hectic response to someone being confused.

17. Sekelani

Sekelani Active Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Pizza maker, crust
    Australia
    Is this game worth the 17 bucks?

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes...and them some.

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    It's worth $25+

20. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Its plays great on touch , and of course its worth it ! ;)