Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ouch. Online DRM would sting. Fingers crossed then.

2. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Really I don't see in the US App Store yet mind posting a direct link?

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I don't see it either; the link on the first post near bottom should direct you to your regional store location when live.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I've only really played 7 and above how good are the older games? The bit I actually remember most is a game inside the game on one of them. Kind of like a football game underwater?

5. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    Can anyone say if this uses Cloud saves? If so, does it work well?

6. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Yea the link says item not available in your store. I think the person who posted that it was out already was just pulling our leg.

7. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I must be jaded as hell because every time i read a post like this i want to rip somebody's throat out

8. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Seems like he is confusing Final Fantasy X blitz ball to Final Fantasy 7 but hey he did admit he has no idea what he is talking about.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I said I've only played 7 and above I didn't say I thought it was in 7 but ah blitz ball that's the one. I was just late to the franchise really as I was otherwise occupied.

Although no need to be rude I was just asking how the older games are.

10. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Yes, it has cloud saving. In Eli's Twitch stream earlier, he was showing the way it is implemented. You are able to manually manage your save file by backing up to and restoring from iCloud. The feature SEEMS to work really well, so I guess we'll see.

11. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    They all have there strengths and weakness. Final Fantasy 1 is a very old school one where after the intro your sent on you way with little to no direction overall enjoyable although you can get lost real easily. Final. Fantasy 2 had a decent store but a strange combat system very different from the first one not my favorite one to play. Final Fantasy 3 introduced the job class system that many future titles would latter adopt overall I like this one a lot although I know some people are not a fan of it. Final Fantasy 4 is almost a master piece, it has everything going for it good store like able characters and good game play, my only complaint of the game is it towards the end it gets really hard and requires a it of grinding to beat the final boss. Final fantasy 5 is another odd ball also not a favorite of mine but has a lot of good things going for it expansion on the job system that was established in final fantasy 3 as well as somewhat like able characters. And finally Final Fantasy vi is considered by many old school final fantasy purest to be the best one ever released. I would say it is defiantly one of the better ones released by them. If I had to pick 1 through 6 to play it would probably be number 6 but hey that's just me hope this help.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That does help thanks, wondered if I should get an older one or this but think I'll just go for this and let it help me decide if I like FF on iOS or not. I know I should like it because I like the type of game that it is.

13. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Personally I like this one even more than Final Fantasy VII. Not to say FFVII is bad. But FFVI > FFVII is my personal opinion. Each will differ :)

14. mcorleonep

mcorleonep Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Marone! This requires IOS 7?! That means I'd have to update both my devices since this is one I would like to use the Cloud feature on. I don't mind so much on the iPad but my iPhone is a 4S and I've heard that it drains the battery more quickly. :confused:

15. brydude111

brydude111 Member

Aug 29, 2013
    There's an option somewhere to disable app movement (they move in a 3d like fashion) that really saves battery

16. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
  17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  18. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014