Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Plenty of PC gamers equally enjoy nostalgic releases with updated graphics. Recently Final Fantasy VIII launched on Steam. To group "all pc gamers" with your own opinion is ignorant and egotistical.

We get it, you won't buy the game. Good for you. But do not speak for everyone else with your own opinion. I am a PC gamer as much as mobile, and I am personally buying this release.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #102 Vovin, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    *deleted*

3. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Anyone try this on ios yet? I'm scared because the screenshots make it seem like its stretched on iphone... hopefully its an option you can turn off.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Amazing! You just evolved yourself from Bridge Troll back to Cave Troll.

Mate, if you have real criticism, go on and tell us, no prob.
    But talking complete nonsense and then just smashing the Club of Contradiction on your own head, that has class. Just not the class everybody loves.

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Lol. Should have known the kind of person I was trying to pass a point across to.

Can't even make an iota of sense of the gibberish you just typed up there.

My bad. Kindly ignore me.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This thread... Popcorn. I need popcorn.

I think with the visual upgrades, SE is trying to keep the game fresh, while keeping the game's mechanics intact as that is where that meat of the game is.

7. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I have to buy this game. It's my favourite FF game of all time next to FF7. I'll do anything to play as Celes again. =)

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This guy is good. Really good.

9. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This thread is a breath of fresh air when I take a break from writing my 10 page essay. Oh wait.

This is just my opinion BUT this is by FAR my favorite SNES era Final Fantasy title. The music, the story, the battling...EVERYTHING. I am excited and while I wait I can watch Vovin and some guy I've never heard of argue.

Be warned. I may start critiquing arguments. So far Vovin has the edge because he makes more sense and his English is much better. Okay. Back to being a responsible adult.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Watchout!!!!

[​IMG]

Yeah. Also glad its universal. I *almost* refuse to buy anything not universal.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Final Fantasy VI totally blows. I've seen monkeys poop out better games. It's not the kind of game that real men play - like Modern Combat XXVI; you iOS people are juveniles compared to Steam. Not only do the crap graphics suck, they're stretched. Apple probably paid Square Enix to release this filth and compel iOS 7. I won't even give it a chance because those yokels added IAP. You all go buzz off.

[Ok, we've not exhausted every avenue of complaint... now back to Final Fantasy 7 geeking out.]

12. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Haha, love it. I'm curious to know the installed size. Does anyone have that info?

13. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Sorry, I don't mean to bump my own post but...

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The Final Fantasy iOS games have not typically had online-only DRM (although the Steam edition of FF 7-8 does have dial in DRM). Square Enix has used persistent online requirements for some mobile games (like Bloodmasque) but those are still the minority. Android users have not reported online only DRM requirements with Final Fantasy VI mobile so it's unlikely.

15. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Uhh 100 plus hours? I played fallout new Vegas with all DLC and that took close to 80 hours, I don't see how anyone could spend 100 hours on ff6..it wasn't an especially hard game that required much grinding.

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Strange, it is out in local store earlier than US...

Anyway, to those who have concern, the installed size is 520MB.

17. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Um, yes, they have. That's why I asked about the iOS version because the Android one has exactly that; online DRM :(

18. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Thanks for the info, now for the 3 hour wait...

19. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    LOL. I like how you ruined your own argument without prior research.

Square-Enix HAVE released original mobile ports of good-to-high quality games:

Final Fantasy Dimensions
    Chaos Rings I, II and Ω
    DRAKERIDER
    THEATRHYTHM
    Deus Ex: The Fall

And of course, they did pull it off on the PC. Final Fantasy VII and VIII were RE-released. And they do have original titles too like The Last Remnant.

20. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    This is the best final fantasy all the other final fantasies wish they were this good. That first overworld theme still gives me chills.