Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Lol. I wouldn't even buy this crap for 1 cent. Ugly looking game all around.

Getting back to playing Oceanhorn and other "real" games.

2. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Nice try. Go back to Fappy Bird.

3. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    You are well in your right to not like the tweaked graphics..

But saying Final Fantasy 6 is not a real game is a pretty dumb thing to say.

but your obviously trolling.. Its a real game alright.

100+ hours awesome gameplay. Awesome story, Amazing music. Has one of the most iconic scenes in video game history. (talking about the opera scene)

On top of that you can play it on 5 platforms.

If that does not make it a real game then i don't know what would..

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I agree that the graphics don't seem so condemning. I think it's admirable that Square Enix releases Final Fantasy VI in a remastered style - who knows how much reprogramming and updating they have to do to get this decades old classic reasonable on modern systems. It's like a pixel per pixel port was never reasonable and I would probably have done the same too with some updates given the work likely spent on things.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tbdDTXjwtmo/TeFFMiLvefI/AAAAAAAADak/BYfNQhvPzeU/s1600/DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    [​IMG]

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Saying this again: FF purist tote this as the best FF, that really can stand up on its own in the current gen despite dated graphics. Then complain about the sprites.

Can't wait for 11.

8. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I usually ignore trolls but sometimes you gotta let out some steam

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think there's just some vocal drama whores who rant about the mobile port graphics. Final Fantasy VI is a masterpiece. Changes are worth discussion, but even negative discussion or disappointment in one area doesn't mean people think the mobile port is irredeemable or not worthy of the FF VI legacy. I was unsure of the graphics at first and, they're not bad, but maybe not my preferences - but I couldn't be more excited about launch. This is likely the best iOS release of all time in my opinion.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I am with you. I have played the droid port briefly. If this had been released in the States, I would have taken a sick day like I did when it hit on SNES. One of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

11. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I'm definitely not a fan of the interpolated graphics, but it isn't a deal killer. FF6 is a classic RPG, and there is a very good chance that this will be the best version of the game ever released, for any system.

Glad it's universal, glad it's ios7 only, glad it supports cloud saves, hope it supports Game Center, hope it supports game controllers. Could be a lot worse, guys.

12. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    are the visuals stretched on iphone 5/5s? they sure do look stretched...

13. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #73 Freeway82, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    You are welcome to call me anything you want (as your opinion and whatever you like is superior to others) but I reiterate, I wouldn't even pay half a cent for this.

If this were to be the Snes era, I can understand but for game companies like square enix to keep churning out old and outdated games while ridiculously pricing them is unbelievable.

Why can't these companies create unique games for iOS that meet today's standards instead of boring us with sprite games from the 80s and 90s?

Could Square Enix pull off this nonsense stunt with the PC crowd (which I'm a part of) and get even the slightest of attention or is it because these big publishers have no respect for the mobile platform that they keep flooding us with these archaic games in the name of nostalgia.

Well suit yourself. Keep buying overpriced crap and they would keep churning out more of them instead of developing games from scratch for the mobile platform like they do for the DS and Vita.

I know the next thing is to call me a new generation gamer but I believe I have been twitching joysticks even before many on these forum were born.

I'm out. Enjoy your nostalgia.

14. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Bye... Lol

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    facepalm - You just argued against yourself in your own reply.

16. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #76 Magnum0ik, Feb 5, 2014
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am also part of the PC crowd and yes SE do release FF games on this format. fF7 and FF8 were both re-released in 2013. They were also similar prices to these.

What you need to remember is that these games were released between 1987 and 1994 (FF1 - FF6) and although it is nostalgia for someone of my age, some of the younger gamers were not even born during this era and would like to know what all the fuss was about. If SE did not keep churning them out as you put it, then they would never know. (Other than got hunt for a 2nd hand Nintendo).

I would also add that my ipad has long since taken over as a gaming device due to re-living my mispent youth for very little cost. Plus I can play on the move.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    8 pages and very, VERY few posts about this version itself. (Trying to get back on topic :p) Is there a "save anywhere" option in this version? I remember back when it was FF III on the SNES and I finished it, that I sometimes got killed and had to go all the way back to a savepoint, which meant losing a lot of progress. I can't play this game without a "save anywhere" feature on a device which can get my game interrupted in many different ways: urgent mails, phonecalls, etc.

18. furuya

furuya New Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2010
    #78 furuya, Feb 5, 2014
    I finished the Android version (rather have it on iOS as it was a battery killer on Android) and the menu changes are so good I have a hard time going back to the other ports.

At least on Android, if you fully close the app without saving, even if in a battle it will be as though you "quick saved" at the last point you were playing. If during battle, then right before you entered. I tried it before the long story portion near the middle of the game (where the glitch on Android was fixed) and it put me back right outside the town.

19. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Is there iCloud?

20. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #80 Magnum0ik, Feb 5, 2014
    I believe there is yes.