Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    #241 Vexka, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Ok so I am leaning towards buying this game.. And well yeah I'm not sure. Never played a FF and am starting to get really interested in the series.. So... Is this a good place to start?!
    This game seems really cool - I saw the gameplay of it from the start of the thread and looked really cool! (Appart from the "bad character sprites" lol :D but I'm certain that won't stop me!!

I was also wondering (and guessing) that is the combat system the same in the rest of the games? (Screenshots from the apps makes it look the same) not that the combat system is a problem and in fact, I think I may enjoy using it!!
    Finally - should I get this now, or wait for a price drop? (Well I guess we won't really know when they'll be but....) And where do I go from here!? Do I start playing the newer FF's (like console) or older (if I can get anything that dates back to the PS2....?) or / what FF games on the App Store to go to next? (People say FFIV's good on here, maybe? And what the second FFIV? Is that like the sequel to the game?? (I think that's right???)

Thanks soooo much (again!)
    ~Vexka :cool:

2. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    SE dont often drop the prices so you will be waiting a long time.

3. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    According to the price history of the other FF games they always drop in price around Christmas/New Years time and March/April. I don't expect this game to drop as soon as March/April so the wait will be around Christmas/New Years.

So probably less than a year to wait for the price drop which doesn't seem that unreasonable for a high profile game like this.

4. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    #244 Vexka, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Yeah that is true... I don't see many notifications from TA saying that the FF's have been dropped in price (either from watch list or a TA news thing)... So yeah thanks for that anyway! ;)
    ~Vexka

5. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    The others dropped at Xmas which is when I got FF4 and 5. fF4 TAY dropped 2 weeks ago and went back up last week.

You are correct about dropping at Xmas. They are worth full price though. Some companies drop more often but SE wait longer.

6. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Figured out the iCloud thing. My wife had created her own iCloud profile on the ipad 4 without me knowing about it.

Guess I'll have to share save files between my ipad 2 and my iPhone 5....first world problems lol :p

7. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    You know finding items at places not so obvious is kinda irritating lol.. You never know what you may miss unless u wanna go thru ganefaqs.. Finding an elixir on the clock .. It's purely accidental lol..

U guy think the new iPhone and iPad can run FF7 and onwards? I do wish FF8 get released on iPad though lol

8. Chungston

Chungston Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Best game ever!

9. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Why not? If they can run games like Deus Ex or GTA San Andreas they should easily be able to run those.

10. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Iphone 5s here. Game crashes upon startup till I respring my phone. Kinda annoying.

11. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Always check clocks for elixirs in ff6. Always.

12. raijen

raijen Active Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Canada, Eh?
    Wait, there are other ways to get elixirs than from clocks?

13. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Anyone here who plays it on an iPhone 4? If yes, how is the Performance ?
    What about those certain in-game conditions which may cause the app to close unexpectedly?
    Would be nice if someone could help me out on this.

14. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    My 4th gen Ipod touch can run an emulated FF7 very well exept for the sound that is so later devices should be able to tun all the ps1 final fantasy games i think

15. raijen

raijen Active Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Canada, Eh?
    Like i said in my review/wall of text a few pages back it runs fine on my iPhone 4 (although i'm not in the second half yet i have hit some of the more complex story scenes where i'd imagine there'd be a chance of crashing) The one time that it started having some framelag it was resolved by restarting the phone and then immediately starting the game.

16. Zayah

Zayah Member

Feb 7, 2014
    High-School
    Minnesota
    Omfgg

I am enjoying this game way to much :D <3

17. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    No accident at all.
    Finding items, common or rare or even one time only ever is a Final Fantasy trope that's been around since it wasn't even a F&F trope but a dragon warrior one.

18. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This only happened to me initially after downloading the game on my 5s. Every time since its been fine though. :)

19. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Yeah i think you can if you have jb unit and dradelante make it run on ios6.but it crashes on my iphone when i get out on the world map for the first time.

20. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    is it still buggy on ipad air?