Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    How does the iCloud data work exactly? If I upload iCloud data on one device shouldn't I be able to download it on another device? Because that's not working and I'm signed into my iTunes account on both devices and have iCloud data turned on on both devices.

2. mcorleonep

mcorleonep Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I just tested it out. It works manually I believe. I uploaded a game save from my iPad to the cloud and downloaded it through the cloud feature on the main menu on my iPhone. It worked fine.

This game runs like a champ on both my devices BTW (3rd generation iPad and iPhone 4s). No slowdown in movement or in the battles whatsoever. Just as smooth as it would be on the Super Nintendo. However I made sure to close out all other apps on both devices before starting...

3. eventide

Jun 17, 2012
    That's not working for me between 2 iPads. One is an ipad 2 and the other is an ipad 4.

4. eventide

Jun 17, 2012
    Wonder if something's wrong with my copy since it crashes on start up...

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    iCould works fine here, I can sync saves between my iPad3 and iPad Mini RD without problem. As a matter of fact, the iCloud save works as a backup save also. :)

6. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Game is so good

7. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Agreed. I'm greatly enjoying it.

8. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Excellent. Glad I made the purchase. Worth every cent.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Seriously considered buying this but hit the ios7 wall. Guess I'll have to stick with the GBA version or fork out $10 for the ps3/psp/vita version.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Well, you won't find a gf by lying in bed and gaming all day.
    This requires to go out and actively look for a nice gal. The usually don't roam through your bedroom.;)

11. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    If you play your cards right they might.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I personally wish that there was an auto-battle option AND a fast forward button. Fast forward would just speed whatever up until your next move. And auto-battle would use your last entered attack. Oh well. I loved IV's auto battle, but I just wish it had an actual fast forward at times.

And the sprites weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Sure, I'd much rather play with the original artwork, but they did a good job cleaning it up... Well, except for the portraits! Those are terrible. Locke looks cool in his sprite form and then looks like a mad-hatter version of one of the three wise men. You see his hair in the sprite but it's under this hat thing in the portrait. Makes no sense.

All that said to totally agree with you. It's an excellent port and well worth every penny.

13. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

AFAIK portraits are exactly as they were in the GBA version, but in HD. They are in fact like the original artwork. Even though they don't actually match with the in game character, people would certainly complain if they changed it. Remaking/releasing these games are always a lose/lose situation when it comes to people discussing online.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, especially for those like me who are experiencing it for the first time. I probably would've complained about them initially on SNES as well. At least the portrait of Locke.

Also, I just went to buy new tools, but it didn't list it's attack power to compare them. So how do I know which tools/weapons to buy? Is that how it is in the other versions as well?

15. raijen

raijen Active Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Canada, Eh?
    Tools do damage based on Edgar's stats. Four of the tools do multiple target damage, two do single target physical damage which pierces barriers and two have other non-damage effects. I strongly recommend any of the started general FAQs here http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/554041-final-fantasy-iii/faqs -- there's been an absurd amount of mechanics dissection and theory crafting done over the years.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thank you for your reply! That makes sense as to why those wouldn't have stats I guess. Just a totally different way to play compared to the past few games. Reminds me of the shift in gameplay that FF II introduced. But thankfully I don't have to beat the crap out of my own party in this game just to level up quick.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I just started playing the game isn't the fast forward button on top left an auto battle function? When I click it it does run auto

18. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I've read on some forums, this app runs on iOS 6? Or do you really need 7?

19. raijen

raijen Active Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Canada, Eh?
    It actually just repeats the last command each character used on the first target in the target list (or party member in case of a healing spell)

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, to me it seemed to auto battle at a faster pace. I was just pointing out that it would be cool to have the option for auto battle AND another option for fast forward.