Universal FINAL FANTASY V - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Love the sprites... just going to have to wait till I have some $$ in my iTunes account.

2. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Please god, please let them do a 3D FFVI. Terra, Edgar, Shadow, Locke and the rest of that amazing cast is all I want! (and of course FF 7 but I doubt that will ever happen :mad::mad::mad: )

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooooooooooo freak'n sweet. Can't wait to snag this one tonight! =oD

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Well, glad to know I'm not the only one who dislikes this "FF Dimensions"-like art style. Would be way better if they just kept the original SNES graphics or made something like "FF IV Collection" for PSP.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #26 undeadcow, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Apparently Final Fantasy V was not releases on the Nintendo DS; but this port is based on a graphically updated Game Boy Advance edition. Changes from the initial release according to Wikipedia follow:

"In 2002... The English version of the game received changes from its original format, including a different interpretation of character names, such as the names "Bartz" as opposed to "Butz" and "Gill" as opposed to "Guido", the official romanizations in Japan"

"...2006 [Game Boy Advance]... Additional features include four new jobs (Gladiator, Cannoneer, Necromancer, and Oracle), a new [30 floor] dungeon called "The Sealed Temple", and a new optional boss from the back story of Final Fantasy V, Enuo... In addition, the game included a bestiary, a quick save function, music player, and additional equipment in the style of previous Game Boy Advance re-releases"

Edit: No apparent gameplay or difficulty balance tweaks from what I can find.

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Awesome, so we can probably expect the new jobs and such for this release.

8. nielsk

nielsk Member

Dec 17, 2008
    But that doesn't look like Final Fantasy V Advance but more likeÂ…yes Final Fantasy Dimensions or like the Final Fantasy-games on the PSP. Never really liked that style. It somehow lacks personality. :(
    I would have hoped of retinized version of the pixel-graphics of the SNES- or GBA-version.
    But it is probably the easiest way to get a multi-language version of FFV

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Just amazing,though having big character portraits that are out of text boxes is a bit weird

10. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    the sprite looks zoo much like FFD and I don't like it.. maybe I'll just play the GBA ver on my ABN....

11. Flrjcksn

Flrjcksn Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Which is literally my only complaint about ffd, which I loved. I actually liked the ff1 remade graphics and would prefer that.

It's just, why are the heads so big.

12. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    I like the new 2d sprites. Definitely buying this one. :)

13. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Personally I like the 2d sprite more than the chibi look for FFIV. Can't wait for this to pop up on the international store.

14. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Is it just me or has Square Enix already taken the app down from the New Zealand app store? I search the itunes previously and click the store link and found nothing. My guess is they are finally seeing the light.

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Still available in indonesian store.. At $14.99 price..
    What "light" did you mean they see?

16. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    It has borders for iPhone 5? :(

17. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    By "light" I meant you know no more over pricing there apps, no more junk like "Final Fantasy All the Bravest" stuff like that. Especially since just took a huge loss and are scratching there heads asking themselves "what can we release that people would want to play?" Fans: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Square Enix: No too much effort need to release something that requires the least amount of work.

18. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Your joking right? I mean Final Fantasy IV gave you the option to switch between Widescreen and full screen. Square what the hell!!!!!!!!!!

19. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #40 imuddy, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    I agree with you that FFATB is a giant pile of dung under a mountain of dung, but any real port of FF games for $15-20 isn't overprice imo. And you can't really put ios games with console games since they are developed in different departments and the people making the ports are not the same people working on versus or console games.

Only complant I have about this game is that it seems the devs spent all their time doing the sprites for the enemy and just put together the player sprites in a day.

[​IMG]

As you can see there is a boarder, but the size of the boarder is much smaller than what the boarder should have been if it were just added to fill up the difference between iPhone 5 and other device. Knowing the time and battery is nice but like others have noted the boarder do seem quiet annoying.