Final Fantasy V "and more" by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 20, 2012.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #41 bigred447uk, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Yes nailed on 28th. So happy. This is my 42nd birthday present to myself !

(I'm 42 years old , I don't mean I bought myself 41 other presents !)

The only 'proper' FF I have never played at all ... Apart from post 9 I mean.

Ill be buying this on release day despite being 30 hours into Dimensions and FFiv remake virtually untouched because of Dimensions.

Edit : Sorry for pure fanboism post !

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Definitely is a great bday gift. This week is gon be expensive.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I've never played a final fantasy game:eek:
    Any good ones to try?

4. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    Don't start at the beginning , will most likely be a bit old skool to properly drag you in. Out of the present IOS offerings I would start with FFiv if you have enough dough. If not iii.

Alternatively you can play Dimensions by chapter and the first bit is cheap. This way you can get a taste and see if it engages you without laying out big money.

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    To be honest I have never been so hyped for any iOS game release before, suspense and waiting is killing me.
    Fair to say this will be Final Fantasy Easter :p

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    FF5 is my favorite with the really nice job system only rivaled by FFT. I will be picking this one up at launch, I just hope it's universal.

7. Allen95

Allen95 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    California
    Not to sound harsh but imho I'm glad there are still gullible fanboys out there for Sqeenix to grab there hands on, not to mention wallets. Dont know if you noticed but they've released these games dozens of times!

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Still don't understand why they didn't port ffIV complete ediditon from the psp, every other game stayed 2d(besides 3)And that was the only one with extra content including the after years and the In between part.. :(

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yea but not for ios.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Since I haven't touched this game, what are some good features of it? Maybe compared to ff3 and 4 since those are the ios ones I've played.

To be honest I really dislike those new sprites, they look weird at least to me. But I'm hoping someone will tell me that the story and gameplay are so amazing that I won't care. If the art isn't good usually I'm not interested in playing. I'm actually anticipating 6 cuz I hear so many good things about that. I'm just glad 5 got done so quickly!

11. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I don't mind being called a Fanboy but I don't consider myself gullible. I don't have a psp or any old consoles and I don't have time for gaming outside of IOS. This game may have been released many times before but I've never bought or played it before.

I know that Sqeenix games are considered pricey on IOS but I have a Job and enough income to easily afford the asking price. I will get easy 30+ hours gameplay out of the title for a reasonable price IMO. Am I gullible for wanting this game ?

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    "Not at all", says the guy who bought Final Fantasy IV so many times: SNES, GBA, DS & PSP, and oh yes, iPhone...

13. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #53 Isilel, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    Not on anything I have ever owned. And used copies of their DS games still cost more, so...

Personally, I'd love it if they found it worth their while to port all their handheld output to iOS and others followed suit - like Atlus. Heard so much good about their games, but living in Europe I am out of luck.

I do buy Squeenix games during the sales - just snugged FFIV, but on the whole, IMHO, prices for the ports of their classics aren't that outrageous.

Now, Chaos Rings 1 and Omega are by now massively ovepriced for what they are and I won't even talk about about the IAP-ridden crap...

14. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    5 is like 4 with a job system. Story is arguably worse but some may disagree, gameplay is top notch like the others.

6 is often considered the best ff and sometimes even the best rpg ever made. I recently played 6 on my iPhone with an emulator and it worked perfectly, really brought the nostalgia.

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    "Job system" sounds like code for "more time-consuming." I have been loving FFIV and have spent 30-40 hours on it, which took a long time for me given that I'm pretty busy. Is the job system confusing/time-consuming? I plan to grab this but only if it's not significantly more complicated than FFIV.

16. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Or you can read all job / ability guide on gamefaq :rolleyes:.I know I will because there is simply too much combinations possible and some abilities you get at higher level are pretty much worthless.

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    No it's not a time sink and is not more complicated. You will spend the same time as other ff games.

18. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Never mind.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The good thing about physical media is that it retains a resale value; I may have bought some SE titles more than once because I previously sold the cartridges for some value recoup.

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I seem to recall there being rumblings a few weeks back in the media that they are discussing digital resales...

At the guy who was worried about the Job system, it is not jobs per se, but rather changing classes in RPG parlance. So it will not be that your party is exploring the dungeon halfway and suddenly 2/4 of your party needs to go for their arubaito at the neighbourhood konbini or host club...