iPhone Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 22, 2012.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #161 L.Lawliet, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Really strange. I'm on ios 11 and it removed the game from view on my appstore and doesn't prompt me to update. I located the page manually through purchases and it only shows "open" and no update even though the version history clearly shows an update.

I found it manually on my iTunes, downloaded the ipa, and installed it with the ipa. ALSO this is the itunes I downgraded today BECAUSE Apple decided to ruin iTunes and take out the app store and iap downloading / syncing along with many other important features. There are many many complaints about this online and I honestly think iTunes is going downhill. They're trying to make it "trendy" by dumbing it down and removing stuff that they think casual people wouldn't use. Because iTunes is only for music /s

"Apple says that even after this update, apps and ringtones that 'are no longer available for redownload' can still be synced by plugging in your iOS device" - they're even trying to stop you from keeping copies of your offline ipas. wtf.

tldr: New iTunes app is terrible, new iTunes player is terrible. Don't update iTunes (I'm willing to bet when ios 11 officially comes out they'll force you to use it with the OS)

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It updated fine for me.

As an aside, I get why you feel that way about the iTunes update, but considering that the main complaint about it was that it was a bloated mess, most folks will see removing the App Store as an improvement

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #163 L.Lawliet, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Are you on the latest iOS 11 build? I'm sure this is directly related to iOS 11 hiding it because it's not supported. And then it didn't update the status of the app because it thinks it doesn't work and removed it from the app store view. It's probably not a bug but a "feature."

I don't think it was a bloated mess. It might be a mess if you want to navigate easily inside of it but if you don't want to use it then it's not a problem at all. I think it was a bad call because if people need to use it they will use it. You wouldn't really call it bloat if you care about the application in question. They're saving some mb in app size and infuriating who knows how many hundreds and thousands of users - doesn't seem like a good trade off from any standpoint. I'm not sure if saying "most folks will see it as an improvement" is accurate. iTunes 12.7 is still new and a silent update. Once more people come to see there's no appstore on the program I'm sure a lot will have complaints.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Don't get me wrong -- I agree with you on iTunes. But do a Google search on "iTunes" and "bloated" and you'll get a taste for the common wisdom.

Back on topic: I just realized that I lost my save file (before this update) so I guess I'll have to start over. Not happy to lose the mid battle saves, though.

5. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I’m on the latest iOS 11, updated just fine.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    New update brings iPhone X support. Haven’t had a chance to try it, so I’m not sure what that means. But kudos to SE for still supporting a great game.

7. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Means bigger bars on the side, and the extra UI elements for touch maybe moved slightly more out of the play field. It’s not super-exciting but nice to see them still updating.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That’s what I expected. Still good, though.

geoelectric likes this.