Universal Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (by DeNA Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Monztamash, Sep 27, 2014.

1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Congrats on the lullaby!!! It tooks me 50 pulls to get that,and snatched hardedge, adamant bangle, black robe, and emerald shield along the way... still satisfied though~

2. DarkCecil

DarkCecil Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Haven't gotten anything too spectacular lately. Black Robe and Adamant Vest, both IX gear.

Just wrapped up the classics, and have only cherry picked from the elites.

Forbidden treasure event has been pretty easy so far...

I still have + and ++ for Rinoa event, maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.

3. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #1623 chaos_envoys, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Hello everyone~ this thread has been so inactive since there are only a few left playing this from TA, so i suggest everyone who still play this check out http://www.recordkeeperforum.com
    So I've mastered dark bahamut, and currently farming GBO since there are nothing to do now... Waiting for Zack!!!
    Loving Y'shtola sprite!!!

4. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Any advice for someone starting back into this game from first hour of playing it at launch? :)

5. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    1.Battle the event first then the content dungeon.. just battle until you get stuck, and do the content dungeon to increase your stamina..
    2. Don't miss sunday's daily dungeon because it offers a great amount exp to level your character
    3. Spend mythrils on drawing equipments you want or like

Check recordkeeperforum.com for more help~

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    0.o holy crap the entire damn game looks different

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Haven't missed a day playing this one since it launched last year. Also just pulled Steiner's Ultima Sword in the latest draw!
    Fun game for final fantasy fans for sure! And it's made me go back and buy a ps2 so I can play some great FF games from the PS One and PS2.
    I'm picking up x for ps 2 today and I got lucky and found my part ix all 4 discs still in perfect condition so I'm getting a ps one memory card today too :)

8. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Got Steiner's sword as well, the sleep proc happens quite a bit. If you haven't, check out the subreddit for FFRK, extremely active with great advice and lets you know what we are getting.

9. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I've deleted this game since 3 months ago and didn't regret my decision.. fun game for sure, but it's taking all my time from another game, and my OCD always tells me to spend all the stamina..

10. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #1630 ImLegend, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Played it for 3-4 months after the release, first couple months are pretty enjoyable, coming months are way too much work, too stressful and hard to catch up weekly events happening at the same time

It is a great game tho, bring back lot of memories

11. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    So I'm still enjoying this... somehow. But I've been a pretty casual player all along; haven't relied on (or looked up) any complicated strategies based on Retaliate, etc. Despite this, I'm getting to the point where a few of my characters are hitting 80, and almost everyone is above 50. Most events are a cakewalk up until the difficulty 100+ fights.

How do people think DeNA is going to hold people's interest? I know that several in this thread have already quit, but for those still playing, how will the game maintain the fun level as characters hit 80 (and, later I assume, lvl 99)? When they all have 5 star weapons? If you're doling out 9999 on each attack, at what point does just giving the boss more HP stop being fun?

I'm asking these questions as someone who's still a fan of the game, but let's face it, all RPGs are spreadsheets and the way this one works feels especially in danger of running into a wall. Anyone feel the same way or have thoughts on that?

12. DarkCecil

DarkCecil Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2015
    The game still has my interest. I don't stress about wasting stamina, sometimes I go a few days without doing much at all. But when I do have time and motivation I'll use mithril to stamina refresh, and for almost all the ultimates 1-5 mithril has gotten me a mastery.

13. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I downloaded the JP version, soon we have some sort of a job system, and outfits for characters. Fights become more challenging. The one thing the JP version has that we won't get, are some secret of mana events(these do not include characters.) Boggles my mind that the Japanese think we don't like Secret of Mana. Here's hoping we get some crossover events with Chronotrigger and SoM.

14. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    This sounds intriguing... always did like the job system in FF Tactics, for example. It would be really great to get some Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana events! I adored those games, as I imagine most other FF fans did.

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If anyone plays this and has been on a break for abit, now would be the time to get back in. 1yr celebration is a 10 day log in event with lots of rewards each day but three rewards in particular will interest alot of folks.

3 x character select, grab three characters you dont already have.
    3 x lvl50 break, this is awarded on day 5 and lets you increase any three you want to a level 65 cap
    3 x lvl65 break, this is... epic! On day 10 of the login you get three characters of your choice level cap'd to 80 :)

But I believe this event ends on the 4th so if you want that final reward, you need to be logging in today and each day here on out.

16. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    This event is pretty cool. I got 6x SSB equipment from 3 discounted (25x mythril each) pulls, so 6 for 75, not bad. In today's SSB phase 1 though, I put in 50x + 100 gems and got... 2 of the same Lullaby Rod I already had. :( At least I was able to combine it up 7*?

I'm enjoying the Nightmare thing so far, although it's pretty hard. I mastered the FFVI train fight, and I'm in the middle of the FFX spheroid one.

Getting all the free memory crystals and stuff is awesome!

17. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Recently saw people talk about this game so I thought I'd give it a try.

I downloaded it but it's stuck at the loading screen with the guy and the Mog with a swirling icon. This is on iPhone 6+ and I have reinstalled at least 3 times. iOS 9.3.1

I have also tried on a 6 with 8.4.1 and it has the same issue.

Any help?

18. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    fwiw, I've had a bunch of problems with this game getting stuck on various devices and OS versions. pretty much the only thing I have found that works is force quitting it, trying again, repeat until it works.

19. Lexyflexy555

Lexyflexy555 Member

Apr 18, 2016
    They are adding multiplayer which may do it. In general though I really think they need to add some things to do in this game that don't rely on stamina so that people can play longer. When you can't play more than a few 10 minute bursts a couple times a day it's easy to lose interest. Many social rpg's like this have multiple things to do like the new Star Wars one where they don't all pull from the same stamina pool

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I straight up hate the idea of stamina in any game. And I hate that gamers would accept it at all. But, free stuff, I guess. Anyway, yes! I would love to see the stamina be done away with. Then I would check in more than once a day. Right now, I check once to get rewards and maybe play a few levels. That's it. And I love FF. Same with the F2P Star Wars games. All disappoint me. But I check in once a day to get crap.